Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone been cured wih the help of Metronizole and Augme?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
lisa1983

Has anyone been cured wih the help of Metronizole and Augme?

Post by lisa1983 »

I have been odour free now for 2 weeks and 3 days and it feels great. I feel like I am finally getting back to my old carefree self. After visiting an ENT doctor I was given pescriptions for Metronizole (400mg for a week) along with Augmentin (375mg for a week). The smell from my nose disappeared after 2 days and it has been 10 days since I completed the course and I have not had a whiff. I have been reffered for a sinus scan which I will still attend as I am aware it may resurface but as far as I am concerned now that the smell has gone I don't care about the other symtoms of sinatitus.

:D

lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Anyone?
BBsucks

Post by BBsucks »

WOW congrats! Sounds VERY promising for you :) Can you tell me more about your bb? Was it fecal? I'm just looking for hope I guess :) And the antibiotic - did you take it 400mg per day? Or multiple times daily?
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Thanks buts its very early days. Yes it was a fecal smell from my nose that would come and go for no apparent reason often when bending down. I took 400g of Metronizole 3 times a day with food along with Augmentin (375mg) 3 times a day also. I am assuming there must have been an infection up there that the normal antibiotics could not kill until I took these which were obviously stronger. I am so glad I found this website as it helped me to self diagnose in a way.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Lisa,
There have been many cases where a course of metronidazole has cured chronic BB. I dont remember whether this has happened to anyone else on here, but I do recall there was one guy who this happened to and at the time he suspected he had gingivitis, so it was probably for that reason.
Metronidazole is a first choice antibiotic for use against helicobacter infections too, and there have been numerous cases of people being cured of their BB from this therapy. There is as yet no explanation for this. There have even been studies made into this.

Metronidazole would be effective against most nasal infections, but most nasal infections will resolve without any interventions and any that wont will usually recur even if you take antibiotics and you get temporary relief, if there are underlying reasons that caused the infection to start in the first place, like allergies or structural problems.

Also, metronidazole is used by people with TMAU to reduce the numbers of bacteria in the gut. It is the bacteria in the gut that produce the trimethylamine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic