Your Email Address:

First Name:

Infections

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
whatevz

Infections

Post by whatevz »

Can a tooth infection cause chronic BB? How long can you have an infection and not feel pain or notice sweilling in the area? I discovered I had a tooth infection in my upper left molar that was quite near to my sinuses, and my bb started when I was 13. I'm just had my wisdom tooth out as well as that tooth, and I am still in the healing process. I just find it difficult to believe an infection could last from age 13 until 5 years later? Can infections leave and return persistently throughout that time without me feeling anything? Or, was it just coincidental that the tooth I had a root canal on at age 13, became infected now at 19, and I am wrongly attributing it to my BB? I'm at a point of desperation!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I notice you mentioned your wisdom tooth being a lower tooth, but where was the other tooth you had extracted? the one with the root-canal
aydinmur
God

Re: Infections

Post by aydinmur »

whatevz wrote:Can a tooth infection cause chronic BB?

Abscess is close lesion. They may cause halitosis when they exposed to mouth
How long can you have an infection and not feel pain or notice sweilling in the area?
It can remain for life time with asymtomatic.
Can infections leave and return persistently throughout that time without me feeling anything?
Yes.
whatevz

Post by whatevz »

Aydinmur: I had a hole from the tooth infection draining into my mouth, I didn't notice it until I read a post about someone who was cured after discovering a hole! But this note on infections is really interesting and could shed light on different issues... if an infection is asymptomatic, then what can you do to get rid of it entirely? I'm assuming a normal dose of amoxicillian won't work...

Halitosisux, I had a bottom wisdom tooth as an infected root canal extracted. Although I noted halitiphobia in my cured note, I am still unbelievably paranoid... more than ever before. I honestly can't shake the paranoia and feeling that I could potentially have bad breath, even with people I trust constantly reassuring me - I've never felt it this severely before... I'm wondering if it's possibly a manifestation of my crazy stress right now, but I am still not 100% convinced I'm bb free...
whatevz

Post by whatevz »

Also, this could be a reason why people are cured with pro-biotics?
burton
Total Newbie

Post by burton »

Hi,

If it gets ulcerous, i guess yes.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

whatevz wrote:I had a hole from the tooth infection draining into my mouth,... snip... if an infection is asymptomatic, then what can you do to get rid of it entirely? I'm assuming a normal dose of amoxicillian won't work...
Antibiotics usually dont work for fistulized chronic dental infections. Your dentist will detect origin of the infection and cure it.
-Murat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic