Your Email Address:

First Name:

BREATHING

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
andgodinventedbb
Total Newbie

BREATHING

Post by andgodinventedbb »

Hi everyone. I'm 21 and I've been suffering from BB since I can remember being able to think. Now, I won't go into the history or histrionics of the shame and embarrassment BB has impacted on my lifestyle (if I indeed have any), I think we all share common ground on that aspect; instead I want to share with you guys something I began recently which has helped rather significantly.

I recalled reading on a website/forum once (don't remember which) that advised trying stomach breathing not to cure BB per se, but for better oxygen distribution. I started trying this about a month ago, and while I can't say it has cured by BB, it definitely has affected it positively. I also find that I'm not as easily distracted/forgetful as before and don't panic as much. I also feel much more healthy and have that undefinable joie de vivre.

I initially began by doing 20-30 minute breathing exercises each day, lying on my back, breathing slowly and deeply through my nose in such a manner that it bulges my belly/diaphragm, holding my breath for about 10-15 seconds, and also breathing out slowly. I would focus on nothing other than on my breathing during these exercise periods.

Then it became more and more involuntary and I began to notice that my mouth didn't taste as bad and my saliva flowed better (possibly due to more oxygen interfering with the anaerobic bacteria). I can't ascertain this but I think I can say my BB has reduced by at least 20%. These days I inhale about 1/3 of the time via stomach/diaphragm breathing and when I catch myself relapsing back to the regular breathing I stop and go back to the stomach breathing.

It takes a lot of patience and time to do, but hopefully someday I'll be able to fully breathe this way. I post this with the intention of helping anyone out there who is looking for ways to eradicate this handicap. I seriously suggest you try it if not only for your BB but also to feel better about yourself.

Thank you all, my brethren. We are an army of one.

George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

I agree with you: breathing is crucial. breathing triggered by the diaphragm and through the nose. Try "buteyko" breathing method.

check out this website e.g.
http://www.normalbreathing.com/learn.php
bblady

Post by bblady »

I cannot comment on the above breathing exercises, as I have not tried them. At the very least, these exercises will improve oxygen circulation, which, has many health benefits for us; promotes new cell growth, activates the metabolism and keeps it elevated longer, reduces stress, improves digestion, energy, performance, etc.

I am skeptical if ALL deep breathing exercises are appropriate for BB sufferers however. In fact I believe SOME of these programs can even START someone down the path of becoming a future BB sufferer. This is where my story comes in. About 10 years ago I discovered Greer Childer's Body Flex program. If you're not familiar with this, this was a yoga inspired workout that incorporated holding yoga-like body positions while practicing what could best be described as "breath of fire" breathing, or sucking in as much air as your lungs will hold, holding it for a few seconds, and then blasting it out again. The sucking in air, and blasting it out sequence is done with a lot of force, which made this an aerobic exercise. While it was effective for fat burning and slimming down my body, it gave me a horrible ever-lasting side effect, which were severe cases of bad breath! I did not make the connection that this breath of fire exercise program was destroying my breath until months later. The days I experienced the bad breath happened on the days I practiced these exercises, so I eventually gave it up and stuck to doing regular aerobic and strength training exercises. Unfortunately, the bad breath episodes did not go away, and now it is getting more and more difficult to control. I do not recall having problems of uncontrollable bad breath before doing those exercises. The things that trigger my bad breath episodes the worst are moments of high stress and aerobic activity. It interferes with my work and social life a lot; so much, there are days I have to brush my teeth and use mouth wash every 2 hours!

I've already been checked out by a dentist and doctor; basically, I am in very good health. I am still trying to find a remedy for my situation. It's a good thing I work overnights at my work. Still, it is very difficult to get through each day for obvious reasons. That stupid Body Flex program started my problem, and there are days where I feel there will never be a solution. ](*,) But, I am aggressively searching for a solution and am trying new things. I've already tried dozens of oral cleaning and freshening products. Now, I have just invested in an electric toothbrush and am working on improving my diet, incorporating more vegetables and less sugar and processed foods.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic