Your Email Address:

First Name:

some questions about the tonsils.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
realbad
Junior

some questions about the tonsils.

Post by realbad »

i am going to schedule for a tonsillectomy and i have a few questions about the tonsils..help me you guys if you can.
i put my finger on my tonsils and i dont smell anything? does that mean that the smell is not comming from my tonsils but from somewhere else?
and another thing my tonsils are not swollen? is it possible that my tonsil that are not swollen or smelly be the source of the bad breath? but sometimes i find something stuck on it, something like a white ball and that smells...i need answers

George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

tonsil stones are those things. they look like a spot or something greasy from your skin. tonsil stones result from PND and/or food rests etc.

There is something called "crypt tonsilitis". This is sort of a hidden tonsil infection. To check for that, the ENT should get swab directly from the tonsil crypts (the surface can be fine, while the crypts are infected). In my case he found overgrowth of bacteria (staphylococcus aureus). But this bacteria can also result from post nasal drip, which gets stuck in the tonsil crypts. Then make a swab from the sinuses or nose tissue.

To check for regular tonsilitis make a blood sample, there is an indicator called Anti-streppktokokkus-Titer or something (ASL-titer) at least it's called that in Germany.
Check with q-tip and clean your crypts e.g. whit the q-tip or a waterpik. You can also vacuum your crypts with a Roeder device (check my postings for that).
brightonguy
Advanced

Re: some questions about the tonsils.

Post by brightonguy »

realbad wrote:i am going to schedule for a tonsillectomy and i have a few questions about the tonsils
The vast majority of people who have had tonsillectomies do not report any improvement in their breath according to the posts I've read on here. If I were you I'd rethink this operation. Save yourself the time and pain.
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

Do you have tonsil stones?

If not then dont proceed. If you have tonsil stones then your finger should smell very very bad when pressed against the tonsils.

Are your tonsils full of crypts? Again if they are they should also smell bad when touched due to food and bacteria accumulating in them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic