Your Email Address:

First Name:

One thing I learned from this site

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
coeric
Junior

One thing I learned from this site

Post by coeric »

been here for serveral years and my odor problems havent gone away. i've read all the methods, tried most of them. nothing really worked. but the one thing that had most success was this: lowering my carbohydrate consumption. if you stick to a diet with low (or no) carbs your odor problems should decrease by about 50%.

how to do this: stay away from rice, bread, basically any grain products. no junk food, low sugar intake, drink diet soda. your day to day diet will consist of mostly meat and green vegetables. it's hard to stick to this kind of diet. but you wont die from it. you will lose weight and your breath and body odors will decrease.

from the culmination of all the info ive got this is the only method that showed real results. it's the best i got. sorry. so, for those who are extremely diligent, or folks who need to smell better for a certain occasion. plan ahead and lower your carb intake. you'll smell a little better.

wenjie
Junior

Post by wenjie »

how long have you been sticking to that carb-free diet?
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

wenjie wrote:how long have you been sticking to that carb-free diet?
im not on it at the moment. remember this is no cure, but just a treament that reduces your odor problems while you are on it. in the past, ive been on it twice for two-week spans. in both times there was a 1/2 reduction in my halitosis and overall odor problems. (i counted my daily carb intake, trying to consume no more than 50 grams a day).

if you want this odor reduction for the rest of your life, i guess you have to be on this diet for the rest of your life. bummer right? anyway, if you have never tried it before, then do it for a while at least.

it's interesting. our bodies burn carbs to make energy. without it you'll feel a little tired, but it's a healthy kind of tiredness that doesn't hold you back from doing anything. in the place of carbs, our bodies will start burning fat for energy, and this is why people lose weight while on this diet. i couldnt hold out for more than a couple weeks until the costs outweighed the benefits. but i do plan to go back to it when i need to. it's good to know theres a partial escape anyway, even if the price is high.
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

The carb free diet (Atkins diet) is renown for causing bad breath.

In fact a lot of people stop their atkins diet because they get bb.
deebo

Post by deebo »

bbuk wrote:The carb free diet (Atkins diet) is renown for causing bad breath.

In fact a lot of people stop their atkins diet because they get bb.
yes , this is so true. I had a friend who was on the atkins diet , people told him he did have BB but he stay on the diet since he was losing weight. I hear atkins can also cause Liver issues , and that can make BB rise its ugly head too.
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

dont believe it. try it for yourself and you decide. from my own experiences when i lower my carb intake i smell better. its works fast; results show within 1-2 days from starting.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

I totally agree about lowering your sugar intake. Also dairy is a good one to lower also. Not a cure, but it helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic