Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I Learnt to Cure Myself PT II

Tell us your story with bad breath
alexanderluther
Junior

How I Learnt to Cure Myself PT II

Post by alexanderluther »

I think Ill rewrite this for you guys.. Bb soon..
Last edited by alexanderluther on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Quick synopsis please...
alexanderluther
Junior

30 synopsis
Last edited by alexanderluther on Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
bblady

Re: Emulating the Creator

Post by bblady »

alexanderluther wrote:What matters the most is how you treat others bb or not.. It's never about how another treats you.
Alexanderluther,

I read your story twice, and I must say I'm puzzled to say the least. I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Is there a lesson to be learned or some advice behind it? What is the core of your message? Can you break it down to a quick 30 second overview?

As for your above statement I quoted, I don't completely agree with it. Yes, we all should treat others the way we ourselves wish to be treated. However, I feel it is just as important to not allow others to walk all over us, take us for granted or cheat us in some way. Sadly, there are people who will continue to walk all over you if you let them. I've reached a point in my life where I am through putting up with a lot of crap from people. I refuse to be undervalued, overlooked, or under appreciated. While I realize I do not have the ability to control others, I do have the ability to speak out against those who are taking advantage of me in some way.

As for how others treat us for having bb ... because this subject is of a personal nature that often makes people feel awkward or embarrassed, it is often difficult to talk openly about. I am referring to people you barely know, such as coworkers, casual acquaintenances or classmates. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of ignorance out there about the causes of bb. People commonly think bb is caused by poor oral hygiene or that the person doesn't care enough to brush their teeth or suck on a breath mint before going out into public. I hate the fact there are people who have treated me like a leper for having bb, but I also understand some of it. It comes from pure ignorance and a lack of maturity. Those types of people I really would not want to have as a friend anyway. Fortunately, most of the people I deal with at my work are better than that, and they try to make an effort and talk to me and pretend they don't smell my bb. I have the most respect for those people and appreciate them, because I know it can't be pleasant or easy for them.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

bblady,
After Alexanderluther's confused ramblings, your post is a breath of fresh air. Couldn't have said it better myself.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
alexanderluther
Junior

IF
Last edited by alexanderluther on Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
alexanderluther
Junior

30 synopsis

30 synopsis
Last edited by alexanderluther on Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

ah , i think i get it!

what u are saying is basically think positive about yourself and ignore the unpleasant reactions of others - right?

I completely understand the point u are making but many here do not so can u please re-write the my story part of the message without the psychedelic ranting? - thankyou
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic