Your Email Address:

First Name:

Best toothpaste and mouthwash product?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

thanks for the info :)

jab9780
Total Newbie

Re: Best toothpaste and mouthwash product?

Post by jab9780 »

aydinmur wrote:
bbuk wrote: Arm and Hammer Baking Soda with Calcium
Colgate Maxfresh beads and strips
Colgate Total
Colgate oxygen (anyone know if this is oxygenating toothpaste)
Corsodyl toothpaste

Retardex (seems to make my bb worse)
Dr Katz toothpaste
Tung Zinc tongue gel
I prefer Tung Zinc tongue gel. Best of bad.

A good halitosis rinse should contain:
1- Zinc compound
2- Antiseptic (cetylpyridinium chloride, chlorhexidine, Benzalconiumchlorid, Dequanilium chloride, Hydrogen peroxide etc)

A good halitosis rinse should NOT contain:
1- alcohools,
2- anti inflamatuar (benzidamin HCl)
3- SLS (sodium Lauryl Sulphate)
4- Sodium hydroxyde
5- Flavor, saccharin or any sweetener
6- Menthol, Aspartame, Xylitol, Sorbitol, Lecithine, any carbonate
Unfortunately and surprisingly, many halitosis rinse contain above chemical compounds even they also contain zinc compund.
- Murat
Hi it's been some time since I have been on this board and I was wondering a few things:

Have you tried making your own mouthwash?

If so, can you make a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide and zinc ion liquid combined? Is there chance they will interact and render it non-reactive?

How about a mixture containing sodium bicarbonate and zinc ion?

I tried to do a search for the long term use of HP thread but was unable to find it, could you provide me a link?

I am contemplating making my own 'zinc gum', with a simple bubble gum recipe, this way I can control what goes into it. Do you think zinc administered through gum all day long would be an effective method to reduce VSC's?

What are your thoughts on Ozostomia? I have had post nasal drip for quite some time and I feel that this is the 'fuel' that feeds the anaerobic bacteria. I understand they like to dine on the protein rich mucus that is constantly stuck at the back of my throat. I am starting allergy medicine in hopes of reducing the mucus output.

Quite a few questions, but any responses would be greatly appreciated

thanks

JAB
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic