I dont know where to start

Tell us your story with bad breath
loser
Total Newbie

I dont know where to start

Post by loser »

hello everyone
i have bad breath and i am not sure where i should post first
i have had bad breath for years . but the past couple of year it has been really bad.
i have seen my dentist , he said my teeth were fine and weren't the cause. i saw a periodontist and he said my gums were fine and not the cause
i saw my doctor and he told me to drink more water. so i saw and ENT doctor.
the ENT said it looked like acid reflux , i raised my bed , changed my diet , and nothing helped .
i saw a G I doctor , he put me to sleep , looked in my stomach and esophagus. he told me i had acid reflux , but after a month of treatment he told me the bad breath wasnt caused by acid reflux.
back to my ENT . checked for allergies . none .
then my ENT said it might be my sinuses. i have been using nasal irrigation and went on antibiotics, again . still not any better.
acctually it seems like each time i have been on antibiotics it has gotten worse.
i have morning breath all day long , 15 minutes after brushing my teeth , it feels like i need to brush them again , the back of my throat, mouth and toungue always have a scratchy feeling
sorry about this long post

thank you for any help
michael

firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

hi ,welcome , and sorry to hear your story...
i was like u (and still am to a certain extent) - had BB since 5 years old - i am 41 now , my tongue stank , my saliva has horrible , i gave up.

but someone recently posted they had some success with certain antibiotics - they are metrozenodole and flucazonle.

i tried them last week - and can now report absolutely no smell from the tongue - even right at the back and saliva has no smell whatsover too.,BUT , i am still getting reactions so quite possibly my BB is still there , but maybe its not so bad as before.

plz don't give up
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

Hi Michael,

how far did you go with your diet?
did you change to a plant based diet? vegetarian approach? or vegan approach?

i too changed my diet in fact i did rather a lot, the following may help
no meat, no fish, no poultry,no dairy – so no eggs no milk, no cheese, no yoghurt,
no coffee
no tea
no fizzy drinks
no alcohol
no sugar in case of candida

anti biotics makes it worse is quite interesting, you would have thought if anything they would have improved the situation...

my advice would be to go get a deep gum clean from your dentist, get a dentist xray to see if any teeth are decayed.

floss twice a day and use a tongue scraper, you could try a toothpaste without the ingrediant Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)

how far is your bed raised? my bed (pillow end) is raised 8 inches off the floor, looks like a space cadet bed :lol:

"back of my throat, mouth and toungue always have a scratchy feeling" this sounds like a reaction or an allergy to something, you body is saying "i don't like that" what about your environment? do you have a pet like dog or cat, the hairs or dander could be causing an issue

"i have had bad breath for years, but the past couple of year it has been really bad" so it is gradually getting worse mm,
tooth decay can take years gradually getting worse as time increases, this is a good place for a second opinion, my old dentist had the x-ray stuff where you place pads in one side of the mouth,bite down, they take an x-ray then you do the same for the other side...well, this only shows "on display teeth"
i changed dentists and they have a "takes an x-ray of everything including hidden teeth and shows decay" machine, this showed an impacted (hidden) wisdom tooth that i never knew about and i am 40, if you have a hidden wisdom tooth slowly decaying no one would be able to diagnose it...but it may produce bad stuff, so when laying down horizontally it may slowly release and drip bad stuff everywhere, that would cause an itchy throat,

warm water and sea salt for the sinus rinse may help, twice daily

try Oil pulling (old Ayurveda process) it can take a significant amount of time in giving you the desired results, basically on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of oil in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing, sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood, i believe it may also attract or pull bacteria out from the gums, the oil must not be swallowed, so spit it out!

everyone uses a different oil, i flick between the 3 oils, sesame oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil and i use only unrefined organic versions

hope something helps.

Regards Vinnie
Last edited by vinnie on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waiting2xhale
Junior

Post by waiting2xhale »

Wow thanks Vinnie great Advice about the oil never tried that?
Jesus Can.....Gods Will.
loser
Total Newbie

Post by loser »

thank you vinnie for the long and informative reply
to answer some of your questions
i floss twice a day everyday and also you a tongue scrapper. my tongue always seems to have a greenish/whiteish film , which is worse towards the back of the tongue .
i have stopped eating any food before going to bed , i stopped drinking diet soda which i did drink too much. i also stopped eating spicing foods.
none of these things seemed to help . i now only drink one diet soda a day

i also have recently stopped eating/drinking sugar. no white flour, no white rice , trying to avoid all processed foods . this is recent and i hope it will show some improvements

my bed is raised about 4 inches , is this enough ? should i try more? i will sleep standing up is that is the answer .

i have read about candida and took something called candex for about a month and didnt see any improvements

in the past 3 years i have had three wisdom teeth and one molar removed , my dentist was thinking they may have been the problem but they weren't.

i am thinking of just starting over , new dentist , new doctor , new ENT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic