Your Email Address:

First Name:

Good oral hygiene - BB still persists! Seen the doc/dentist

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Unsociable
Total Newbie

Good oral hygiene - BB still persists! Seen the doc/dentist

Post by Unsociable »

New user here. I discovered my BB properly a couple of years ago. I think it's been around for a little while, slowly getting worse and worse. I have received the odd comment from a work mate as a joke/piss take. But only now I get what they used to mean! But being very concious of it has messed up my social life, and i cant speak to people right to the face.

All my co-habitants tell me I have bb. I've employed my brother as my breath tester, because he always says i have bb. It's not nice being a breath tester so I've offered to buy him a fast food burger meal (ironically) every fortnight to take up this job.

I have the best oral hygiene in the family! Brushing twice daily, using a tongue scraper, and mouthwash. but literally 30-40mins after doing all three, the dryness in my mouth has already kicked in and I can feel the bad breath already developing. wrist-licking confirms this. My tongue used to be quite cheesy but ive removed a fair bit with the tongue scraper, althought difficult to get completely pink towards the back.

My GP simply told me there's no cure for bb. he said have a tablespoon of natural yoghurt daily. Then I had a chat with my dentist (kindly asking in front of the assistant that i wanted to speak to the dentist privately, so she left the room). Dentist had a good look in my mouth. no gum disease, no cavities, no infections. he said my gums and teeth are in very good condition and he even said i don't need to return again for a year for my regular clean up.

I think it's cos of my dry mouth that I get bb. But I'm not sure if it's dry mouth or just the usual bacteria trapped under the cheesy stuff to producing sulphur compounds. Or is it the same thing? My breath is worst after I've played a sport, and my mouth is all dry and then bb becomes VERY bad, and can be smelt from far away, even just from slightly heavy breathing.

It's annoying when you think that some people only brush their teeth once a day or even 2 days, eat anything they want, drink all the soda, have cakes/sweets, and still have no bb.

I find it surprising that no simply cure has been found for this. At the of the day, it's all chemistry (unless it's part of your internal anatomy that doesn't function properly), and surely this is curable through use of chemicals?

Is dry mouth something else? I'm thinking I should go see an ENT doctor, but I can only get an appointment through my GP I'm guessing?

The only solution it seems is staying on top of it every hour. eat natural yoghurt, carry mouthwash and chewing gum with you, drink loads of water, avoid protein foods, and keep breathing through the mouth to keep it oxygenated...in reality you can't do this...

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

For the most part, no doctor or dentist can help. I've read too many sad stories about members who went to dentists and doctors and almost none of them got anything but rejection or disappointment.

All we have for help is right here on this site.
ap10063

Post by ap10063 »

mm
Last edited by ap10063 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

Hi,

Begin flossing if you don't – the first time (i was 39) created absolute copious amounts of blood, done this everyday and noted the floss smelled horrid, sometimes in different places every few days which got less and less after quite a long period of time, since I had been flossing my bottom right hand side gum no longer becomes inflamed or has any ulcers at all.

stop drinking beer and jack daniels (i still cry about this)
stop smoking.

try a vegetarian diet, or basically eat a less lot meat and fish, it helped me
i stopped having any dairy at all, no milk, no cheese, no yoghurt,

the only mouthwash i now use is the one with the active ingredient chlorhexidine (cordysl) its red and is the original flavour.

I Use a electric rotary toothbrush, morning and before bed, I stopped using toothpaste with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (sls) sometimes I use the toothpaste called senso something but mostly I am using fine sea salt, a little water and hydrogen peroxide 6%
I leave the toothbrush round tip (with the tongue scraper) in hydrogen peroxide 6% overnight

Increased daily intake of water – drink water after a meal and thoroughly swish a few times with it

flush the Sinuses – some people prefer the neti pot, i opted for the neil med sinus rinse,

do this daily - Oil pulling (old Ayurveda process) can take a significant amount of time in giving you the desired results, basically on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of oil in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing, sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes.
This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood, i believe it may also attract or pull bacteria out from the gums, the oil must not be swallowed, so spit it out!
everyone uses a different oil, i flick between the 3 oils, coconut oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, and i use only unrefined organic versions

many people i saw said i had no issue, including more then 1 doctor and dentist...my advice go get a deep below the gumline clean

Regards Vince
ap10063

Post by ap10063 »

mm
Last edited by ap10063 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

good oral hygiene has ***k all to do with bad breath. not brushing or flossing may make your teeth shit but it has nothing to do with bad breath. i am pretty sure of this now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic