Your Email Address:

First Name:

the lick smell test -> what the smells mean

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
chubbygirl
Junior

the lick smell test -> what the smells mean

Post by chubbygirl »

When i lick my wrist, wait for it to dry, then smell it, it sometimes smells slightly sour. what does that mean? where does the odor come from? my mouth? my tummy? it doesn't smell bad to me it's just..a little sour (other times, though, the sour smell is much stronger)

other time, it smells like bread,like old graham crackers.does that register as a bad smell to others? again, where does that come from?

other times, it smells like saliva. like, when you make out with someone and they lick you all over and you smell their saliva on you - that's how it smells like. sometimes. doesn't seem bad to me, it just seems to smell like, well, saliva

on rare days, it seems there's no smell at all. is that the only time i can safely say im bb free, when there's absolutely no smell on my wrist?

what about when it smells slightly sour, or when it smells like saliva? and how will i know the degree of the bb smell that registers on others? soooo hard to tell :cry:

another weird thing - i got a sour smell on my wrist today when i was out. when i got home, all my wrist tasted like was the yogurt smoothie that i had an hour earlier. it's like, my bb is worse when i'm out

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

so from what you're saying, i guess there's no way for us to know, huh? sigh.

anyway, funny thing - before i headed out, i used baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, toothpaste. then couple of hours later, after a plate of pasta for dinner, i brushed with dentiste (night time toothpaste) and gargled with oracare (mouthwash with stabilized chlorine dioxide). after a while, i had cake, then chewed xylitol gum to keep my breath fresh. the weird thing was - after having it in my mouth for about an hour, it started to dissolve!

gums aren't supposed to do that! they're supposed to remain intact no matter how long you chew them/keep them in your mouth. is my mouth so acidic that it literally just dissolved the gum in my mouth till it disintegrated down into my throat?!

or is it from a bad mix of chemicals? how bad is that? this is driving me nuts :roll:
danger
Master

Post by danger »

the lick wrist test is pretty pointless, because people's front third of the tongue is quite easy to keep clean from saliva etc

the best thing to do is get a finger(i use the one next to my thumb)and pull forward from the back of your tongue to the middle third of your tongue and wait for it to dry out a bit and then smell

if i do the lick test i get a very faint odour but nothing really bad, but if i do this finger test then the odour is always worse after i have let it dry

whether this means it is responsible for your bad breath though is a different matter
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

When I lick my wrist (with the back of the tongue, not the tip) and let it dry for five or ten minutes, there is a definite sour odor to it. I thought this was due to the white coating on my tongue. However, I have scraped the coating off my tongue and deposited it on some stiff paper and let it dry. I was very surprised that I could not detect any smell at all. If the white coating on my tongue is not producing the odor, then what is it? So far I have no answer to this.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

chewing gum dissolves with my saliva too (maybe after an hour?)
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ thanatos , rub the back of your tongue really hard , then smell it , does that stink or is it neutral like your saliva?
newchick
Total Newbie

how i cured my bb after having it over 20 yrs

Post by newchick »

Hi I thought i had posted a reply to this earlier today but now I cant find it. I dont want to repeat everything I wrote in case its there somewhere, but look up MMS (miracle mineral supplement) by Dr Jim Humble, it cured my bb after I was taking it for about 3 days. (I had bb from my teenage years into my 30s).

Its been since April 2009 and my bb is about 90% better, so the effects for me have been very long lasting (tho i do a top up for a couple of days here and there every time I felt a sore throat or something coming on).

Amyaway, this will work for you if ur bb is being caused by some sort of fungus or bacteria (infection) anywhere in your body. It fixes the cause instead of the symptom (bb).

all the best
ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

i wanna try this! i think i have some type of bacterial infection in my body that causes my breath to smell bad. i also get a sour smell when i do the lick test and sometimes there is no odor. its so confusing it drives me nuts! i tried the antibacterial soap as toothpaste but it is drying out my mouth and giving me a sore throat.
ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

i just googled it and it turns out its a book..! i kinda feel like its a scam...
ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

it totally IS a scam!!!!!!! this is what i found about MMS (miracle mineral supplement) by Dr. Jim Humble:

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!!!, May 25, 2008
By Julie Jensen (Texas, USA) - See all reviews
This review is from: The Miracle Mineral Supplement of the 21st Century (Perfect Paperback)
This book is dangerous stuff. The man that wrote it is a miner, telling you how to use sodium chlorite, mix it with citric acid and then drink it. He claims that it cures malaria in hours, and AIDS in days. He also claims that it will cure every disease in a very short time. The product that he is talking about is so unstable that it must be kept in a dark cool place. I had an interest in this until 2 friends, who also had an interest tried it. Both of them became extremely ill with vomiting and diarrhea. This was at a very low dose. They also had heart palpitations, and chest pain.
I know that people are interested in alternative treatments, but believe me this one is not worth it. There is nothing natural about it, it is the stuff they use to bleach paper. Don't waste your money, you don't want to experience what he calls the "herx effect". It is your body reacting to a toxic substance. I spoke to my doctor about it, and she was horrified that anyone would suggest that you drink this. Beware of this book. MMS has not been tested by the FDA, and is not a cure. People who have taken this stuff have gotten terribly ill taking it. Don't waste your money and endanger you health. I'm shocked that Amazon is selling this book.
mike987
Super Angel

Re: how i cured my bb after having it over 20 yrs

Post by mike987 »

newchick wrote:Hi I thought i had posted a reply to this earlier today but now I cant find it. I dont want to repeat everything I wrote in case its there somewhere, but look up MMS (miracle mineral supplement) by Dr Jim Humble, it cured my bb after I was taking it for about 3 days. (I had bb from my teenage years into my 30s).

Its been since April 2009 and my bb is about 90% better, so the effects for me have been very long lasting (tho i do a top up for a couple of days here and there every time I felt a sore throat or something coming on).

Amyaway, this will work for you if ur bb is being caused by some sort of fungus or bacteria (infection) anywhere in your body. It fixes the cause instead of the symptom (bb).

all the best
Newchick is just another jerkoff pimping someone's product.
Yeah, we've heard about Mineral Miracle Supplement before, around these parts.

You guys shouldn't be so gullible. Anytime there's a brand new user, post count of maybe 1-5 and the strong majority of the posts concern a specific product, you can bet money it's bullshit.
newchick
Total Newbie

response to mike

Post by newchick »

actually mike i find your reply offensive. If you looked up MMS you would find that there are many different places you can buy it from (and no Im not one of them). I have nothing to gain whatsoever buy telling people about this product, other than feeling good that I might help them find what they need, like I found it.

If it was true, how would someone like you know ? You seem too eager to can something you have clearly not looked into. Do yourself and everyone else a favour and just look into it. Like I said in my post, dont let me convince you, look into it yourself.

Also the reason I dont have many posts is because i felt compelled to join this forum after reading thanatos's posts in particular. Not because Im trying to sell anything.
newchick
Total Newbie

reply to ruthere1

Post by newchick »

Hi ruthere1 I just noticed what you wrote. MMS is not a book, its a solution but there is a book you can buy if you want to know more about it.

you saw some information from people saying its a scam but didnt you see all the other thousands of posts from people saying how much it has helped them ?
there will always be people who like to say things are a scam, whether they are or not, its human nature. yes it can make you sick with vomit and diahrea if you dont follow instructions and take took much, but its not the MMS that is making you sick its the rate of detox. All detox products will cause you to feel sick in exactly the same way if you detox too fast.
On its own it can be a bleach but before you take it you have to mix it with lemon juice or citric acid which causes it to release its gas and in your body it becomes sodium chloride, which is harmless table salt. look it up, im not an expert.

Im not trying to convince you and Im really suprised that my well meaning posts have caused this type of response.

So all Im going to say is that I researched the product for many many hours. I saw good things and bad things in my rsearch but the good by far overwhelmed the bad so I bought it. And what it has done for me, is change my life in a positive way. My immune system has never been stronger. No more throat infections, etc and hardly ever bad breath.
ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

bless you 4 trying but i still feel like its a bad scam that will make people sick as hell! they prey on people who need and desperately want a cure. shame shame shame!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic