Your Email Address:

First Name:

tongue and saliva stinks no more but still have BB?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

flagyl is used in parasites treatment, can have a connection for some why it works. but lets not forget flagyl is an antibiotic and kills good bacteria too, so strong probiotics have to go along with it, and perhaps for quite a while after flagyl is finished.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Phantasist wrote:Halitosisux,
I think you have a good point there. This would indicate that some forms of bad breath come from the intestines, despite the fact that all doctors deny it. I have suspected it for a long time.
Yes. And whenever I took metronidazole in the past, the effect was instant, and this wore off almost as quickly when I stopped taking it. This to me says it was acting on the bacteria inside my mouth and in the gum pocket I had. But from what firebreath is saying (and lisa) the benefit for them seems to go on a long longer than it did for me, so therefore it might be because the metro is acting elsewhere, such as in the gut or the sinuses.

We all have typically between 1 and 2kg of bacteria inside our gut. In the mouth its probably just a few milligrams, and yet just that tiny amount is capable of producing so much odour when given the chance to. So you can imagine how all it takes is the the slightest thing wrong with the systems that have evolved to contain and control the odours inside the gut, to end up releasing some of that stench in ways that arent supposed to happen. With TMAU its very small quantities of TMA build-up in the bloodstream, yet look at the effect this can have. TMAU is known about because TMA is such a potently smelly chemical, even in tiny amounts. There could be other chemicals involved apart from TMA, but most of the identfied chemicals associated with BB would be deadly in the bloodstream at concentrations required to cause problems with bloodborne odours. Fortunately TMA is not toxic.

Some people can be constipated and it doesnt affect their breath, yet others swear it gives them BB or makes their BB worse. Why else would that be the case unless something is predisposing those people. Why do some get so affected by their diet and others can get away with constantly eating junk food. Many tried fluconazole, which proved it wasnt anything to do with candida. There has to be an underlying reason for this.
freedom2
Total Newbie

Post by freedom2 »

Take a good quality probiotic supplement and maybe even a multivitamin daily. It will maintain how you are now or even better heal you completely.

It seems you had a pretty successful treatment with the antibiotics. You had the chance to kill off the overgrowth of bacteria and basically "reset" and restored your body to a better state. So it's up to you to continue pushing it to the right direction by eating healthier, taking probiotics to support your gut flora and be on your way to full recovery.
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Freedom2 what brand of probiotics did you take? I'm taking flora balance now and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Did you avoid eating anything while taking those medicines? How long did you take them? What's your dosage?
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Freedom2,

I have been taking probiotics for three or four years, and they seem to have a beneficial effect in the colon. Apparently they introduce some of the friendly bacteria which is good, but probiotics cannot kill an overgrowth of the harmful bacteria. For that you would need an antibiotic. Probiotics will not stop bad breath.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic