Your Email Address:

First Name:

ESOPHAGITIS AND GASTRITIS

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

ESOPHAGITIS AND GASTRITIS

Post by aquariusgal24 »

hi there everyone i forgot my password so i just sign up again, i had my halitosis for 10yrs, and this morning i just had my endoscopy and the result was esophagitis and gastritis. before i really had a feeling that i have something wrong with my stomach and i do also believe that my bb comes there. bfore i went to g.i. doc, i went to gen. doc first and told him my symptoms since i think i have ulcers then he put me on a 10dys therapy of metro,clarithromycin,omeprazole...i felt some relieved when i took that meds and confident to say that it dd lessen my bb...but due to my desperation after a month i think, i used to cure my self again with the same thing but replace the metro wd amoxicillin and took a higher dosage of those meds for two weeks, amox 1000mg, clarithro 500mg, omeprazole 40mg. but still no luck it ddnt cure my bb. but there's one thing i noticed that some rushes in my butt dissappeared and then it came back again after few weeks since i stop that meds so i am having this feeling that i might have a long term medication and i do believe its h.pylori since i went to this forum it dd help me to give some ideas about the possible causes of bb. i dd some research on net and read some articles regarding h.pylori symptoms and rare cases too. with regards to that i read one article about a rare case wherein this person had some rushes in his butt that's the only symptoms he got and the doctor dd put him on a therapy for h.pylori med and it dd cure his bb. but this g.i. doc i got, i dont think he is a good one, cause he only prescribed me omeprazole which is for acid only. my point is if i have esophagitis and gastritis which is inflammation, and inflammation means infection and if there's infection there is bacteria of course. am i right? then he should also give me an antibiotic then...so i am thinking now what kind of antibiotic can i combined with omeprazole...since i already took metro amoxi and clarithro..in whch i also read that if the h.pylori was not eradcated then there might be a possiblities that it will be antibiotc resistant to same med that i am going to use..so pls anyone i need ur advise on this. i am going to take omezac omeprazole for two mos. i am so dissapointd wd my doc and i also thought that he will have a biopsy so that he will know wat is the cause of my inflammation but he ddnt...that's bullshit! i shud go to manila, but i am really desperate to know my stomach pain and this g.i. doc is all we got here...hahaha so please guys help me...wat antibiotic is safe to combined with omeprazole...good thing i dont have ulcer. i am so sure that i will be cured soon... [-o<

dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

where are you located and why do you want to go to manila?
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

Post by aquariusgal24 »

nothing i just feel that if i have done my endoscopy in manila i think i wouldnt regret it rather than here. hehehe anyway im from zambales. i dd pm marlboro-lights to get his number cause he has an internal med fren. i do also know kua rey. anyway i will pm u about my number.thanx :D
freedom2
Total Newbie

Post by freedom2 »

The two main antibiotics that I notice are used to treat digestive disorders are metronidazole and tetracycline. It is also combined together in the triple therapy treatment for H. pylori as well. But also by themselves for other gastrointestinal problems. Those are the ones that most likely would help with the halitosis.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Hello aquarius,

I also have esophagitis and gastritis. 2 months ago I was H.pylori positive, used amoxicillin and some more drugs for 2 weeks. I had endoscopy last week, results showed that H.pylori was gone. G.I. doc prescribed me some medicine to help protect my stomach, and he says if I use them regularly and be careful with what I eat, most of the damages would heal by themselves (considering H.pylori is already gone). Currently I'm doing what he says, if I see no improvement in the next weeks I'll try to get antibiotics I guess.
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

Post by aquariusgal24 »

hi there compor,
what kind of test dd u do for h.pylori? my g.i.doc ddn't take a biopsy when i had my endoscopy, so i am wondering what is the cause of my gastritis if bacteria or virus, but i think it's bacteria and probably h.pylori. and know wat the doctor said i can eat everything,he wasn't really a good doc. cause i know there are foods to be avoided. do u think if i take the same med, it will work? i am afraid if i take the same med this bacteria will become antibiotic resistant. as of now i am just taking omizac omeprazole every morning and progut probiotics with 9 billion bacteria. so far so good cause its been a week now and i noticed some difference, in the morning my breath was not that smelly anymore, tongue not that much coated even the day goes by, and even if i eat candy not that much coated unlike before, and then my breath was not that too much warmth anymore. meaning i think it dd lessen my bb. cause i know if my bb was worst, my breath was so warmth. i am planning to take clarithromycin again after a month or maybe two weeks before the end of taking omeprazole. please keep me updated about yours too. thanks! :)
cured!
Total Newbie

Post by cured! »

I did a stool test(pretty unpleasant) and tested positive for H Pylori. I have been on tetrcycline, metronidazole, peptobismol all 4 times a day plus 2 nexiums per day.

My bad breath went away after just 1 day of the 10 day treatment. I am on day 3 now and my bad breath is gone.
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

Post by aquariusgal24 »

wow that's good news! i too hoping for my cure hope it will be soon. i think the antibiotics u r taking was strong i am afraid to take that without a g.i. prescription. hehehe, anyways... ur back to normal now and u can start and enjoy ur new life...good luck and thanks for that info. =D>
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

blood in my stool

Post by aquariusgal24 »

it's been a week now since i took omizac omeprazole, with regards to my bb it's doing great, i was diagnosed with acid reflux also so was put on a two mos therapy of omeprazole. but just this morning i am having this bad side effect, i have this irritable bowel movement and unfortunately there's blood in my stool, just this evening also i poo a small amount and there's also a blood in my stool. i am so worried about this. should i stop taking the med? anyone here can help? :(
exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

same diagnosis i got gastritis and reflux
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Aquariusgal24,

Blood in the stool is not a good sign. All those medicines you have been taking could be irritating your colon. Obviously you are having some side effects. This could be dangerous. You better tell your doctor about it.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

Post by aquariusgal24 »

i just have my blood in the stool last friday, that's my one week of taking omeprazole. that's only last friday and then i checked the other day my stool, it's normal again no more blood. ya it might be a side effect of the med. but i used to used before omeprazole i even took 40mg but i ddnt notice any blood on my stool. i just take the generics so i think generics really dont have effect at all..so i suggest you just buy the branded one. as of now i noticed some difference in my bb and it's doing good and still hoping for some improvements though... [-o<
rikki

Post by rikki »

I was also diagnosed with gastritis but my H. Pylori test came back negative. Has anyone actually had any relief or been cured from these antibiotics? What else did the doctors tell you to do for the gastritis?
aquariusgal24
Total Newbie

Post by aquariusgal24 »

i never had a h.pylori test,although i do believe i had but i used to take those meds for h.pylori before. well just want to share this, i am really feeling good as i see the big difference in my bb when i took omizac and progut. Just like yours Rikki i had the same kind of bb before. That when ever i chew gums even if it's sugar free i also feel that it contributes to make my bb worst! And when ever i get tired even from walking too much my bb become worst! Probably because i had acid reflux also. And then when i took omizac it feels so great that there is a good effect and i think those probiotics also helped. Now my tongue was not too much coated even if i eat too much...even candy! Of course my bb is still consistent even if i brush that there is smell but i am confident to say now that it dd lessen my bb! I just hope it will continue to improve...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic