Your Email Address:

First Name:

good TMAU sites

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

jc wrote:Hey, Mico, how did your test go?
Still no results!

The day after the test ive smelled an urinal smell from my arms - the first time ever. I couldnt wash it out, ive smelled it for several hours. This was due the overload of choline for the test but i wonder how often i had such a smell. I mean ppl must have think ive pissed in my pants.

jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

As you`ve said, its probably caused by the choline overload done during the test so it`s possible that its the first time your sweat smelled like that. Your body probably reacted differently & produced urine-like smell. Many years ago when I was experimenting with ascorbic acid cecon, my sweat smelled weird. It`s an odor that I`ve smelled for the first time that I couldn`t even describe it in words. Our bodies have a weird way of dispensing odors.
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

this thread really hits home for me. i have terrible bad breath, at which degree i am not sure, but it is bad. in addition i have a really rank body odor that can probably match a case of tmau, however it only eminates when im asleep. it's very strange. after about five years of familiarity with this bo im pretty certain i do not have tmau. why am i sure? the odor doesnt affect anything below my chest area. my urine does not smell too awful, and feet dont stink. recently, im beginning to feel that the source of this odor is located somewhere in my sinuses, as with my bad breath.

so the plan for now is going to see an ent about removing my adenoids. unfortunately i just dont have the money for it right now. with the cards that have been dealt to me it is impossible to find/hold onto a good job. thus, no health insurance. i suppose ill eventually see one, and eventually have this surgery. i pray that it helps my odor problems as my life has been on pause for so long. if i have it done and it doesnt help then i dont know whats left for me. my bo can fill up an entire house, as if theres a dead body rotting insidet. and my bad breath... well, i cant remember the last time i was able to have a normal conversation with someone just standing next to me.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

coeric wrote:this thread really hits home for me. i have terrible bad breath, at which degree i am not sure, but it is bad. in addition i have a really rank body odor that can probably match a case of tmau, however it only eminates when im asleep.
It is not body odor... How do you know its body odor since you sleep? Its your bad breath filling the room while you sleep (when it's at its worst).
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

jc wrote:As you`ve said, its probably caused by the choline overload done during the test so it`s possible that its the first time your sweat smelled like that. Your body probably reacted differently & produced urine-like smell.
what i ment is i could smell for the first time my arms urine smell and i could smell it for a long time. the few times i smelled myself before it was just a very short whiff., but after the test ive remembered getting a whiff sseveral times in my car of an urine smell. in the same car i could whiff a fishy smell wich i couldnt exactly locate, it was either from foot or from nose... i know i know, its strange...:)
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

coeric wrote:the odor doesnt affect anything below my chest area. my urine does not smell too awful, and feet dont stink..
The problem with tmau is that most ppl cant smell themselves. They cant smell the body odour nor BB I got a comentar one day on my smelly feet and ive smelled them and well, lil sweaty but nothing special. If i go smelling myself i smell like a breeeze of flowers. If i smell my breath i got a strawberry smell from the chewgum i had ten minutes ago...Dont ask me what other ppl smell on me. Thats the weird part, you probably wont smell your body odour, just the others.

So if you dont smell any body odour it doesnt mean you dont have any. Same as breath.
coeric wrote:well, i cant remember the last time i was able to have a normal conversation with someone just standing next to me.
Same here, no close convos for me either...never.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

If you guys have a reliable breathbuddy you trust, then its really easy to get tested for yourself. But you need someone who can really good smell you. You just give you an overload of high choline food and he will tell you the smell after 4-6 hours.. Its just as a guideline, so you know for yourself before you spend several hundred $ for the testing.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Does high choline intake have an effect on the common bad breath cases or is it only limited to TMAU?
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Hard question! Diary can be explained on several ways - its very high in lysine(precursor of choline) but some ppl are lactointolerant and can get an odor as well. Other ppl have an bacterial overgrowth in the mouth and the bacteria there is munching on everything it shouldnt.

But its pretty safe to eat sea fish like halibut, cod etc. You shouldnt get any other odour than TMAU related. I experience a fecal taste when eating sauerkraut and chineese cabbage, wich contain indol 3 carbinol(youre not alowed to eat that when having tmau).

So try seafish and some sauerkraut and cabbage. You should get some obvious symptoms.
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

@jc... im from philippines too... particularly in cagayan de oro city... I think we have both in common.. i suspected that i suffered from TMAU.. I ask my family if i smells but they say "no". But based on the reaction of the people i would say it is a big "yes". TMAU is not curable... I am searching now on how to lessen the smell.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

aldrin wrote:@jc... im from philippines too... particularly in cagayan de oro city... I think we have both in common.. i suspected that i suffered from TMAU.. I ask my family if i smells but they say "no". But based on the reaction of the people i would say it is a big "yes". TMAU is not curable... I am searching now on how to lessen the smell.
There was a TMAU test for international participants conducted by a concerned group last year, if I`m not mistaken.
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

@ jc: Hi jc.. I have no idea with that event. So how's life now..? can I ask your YM account jc so that we can chat f ever you are online... thanks..
malory
Master
Post by malory »

coeric wrote:im pretty certain i do not have tmau. why am i sure? the odor doesnt affect anything below my chest area. my urine does not smell too awful, and feet dont stink. recently, im beginning to feel that the source of this odor is located somewhere in my sinuses, as with my bad breath.

so the plan for now is going to see an ent about removing my adenoids.
Coeric, you must have a TMAU test. I had nasal surgery as well in an effort to reduce my bb but it turned out to be TMAU and I had no body odour at all to my knowledge. People just reacted to my breath. Very occasionally I can smell some BO in my left armpit only but I never suspected TMAU (throughout the 13 years I had it unknowingly) until I saw this site. Try the test before the ENT; you don't want to waste time/money doing the wrong thing.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi malory. I'm very interested to know the things you do to keep your TMAU under control, whether you manage to do so through diet etc.

Are you aware that ozone and hydrogen peroxide will both oxidize TMA into its odourless form?

Since TMA is secreted in saliva and mucus, I wondered whether this has any affect on your BB if you use it as a mouthwash, when your breath is particularly bad.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@jc & aldrin

i'm from the philippines too. my bb is the type that lingers where people can't stop rubbing their noses, or turn their head sideways so they can breath. it's unfortunate that there's no tmau test in our country. can we check the neighboring countries?

jc, i feel you when you said that you wanted closure. like you i also need to know what caused us to suffer this much.

sad but i accepted the fact that it's ok for me to die alone :(

btw, can you guys pm your ym handles?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic