Your Email Address:

First Name:

Brush with salt and rinsing with salt water mite be the cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Godwilldoit
Total Newbie

Brush with salt and rinsing with salt water mite be the cure

Post by Godwilldoit »

I started brushing with salt and rinsing with salt water two weeks ago..I found out that my bad breath is 90% gone..I used to rinse with therabreath and everytime i do it my breath get worst..whenever I dont rinse with any mouthwash my breath is under control..a friend of mine who used to have a bad breath told me about how he cured is badbreath by rinsing and brush with salt for about two weeks..give it a try people.

Goodluck and God bless.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I tried that a few years back. I was doing it so often that it wrecked my throat. It felt like strep throat for a week, but I got tested by my doctor and he said the results came back negative.

It did help it seems
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

GodWillDoit, What's your technique? Sprinkle salt on a wet toothbrush or dip the toothbrush in a salt solution?

I've been brushing and rinsing with salt solution. Seems to work better and last longer than baking soda.
Enuf
Total Newbie

Post by Enuf »

I continue to try everything known to mankind to battle this problem. I suffer from gingivitis and post nasal drip and weak digestion (i think) which all contribute to bad breath. Oral probiotics, and nasal probiotics (iflora) seem to help for a while, but then odor comes back stronger than before.

Based on this thread, I have tried morning and evening salt water gargle, and daily B12 supplement (1000 mcg once/day). After three days I have seen some improvement.

Could this be the answer? I will keep trying and let you know.....
Enuf
Total Newbie

Post by Enuf »

I forgot to add that when i finally got up the guts to discuss this with my dentist yesterday, she told me the problem is frequently from foods you eat, and recommended I eat parsley. Well who hasn't heard that one. Thanks a lot lady.

Guess what, I bought some anyway to add to my things that help.
Godwilldoit
Total Newbie

Post by Godwilldoit »

hope4now wrote:GodWillDoit, What's your technique? Sprinkle salt on a wet toothbrush or dip the toothbrush in a salt solution?

I've been brushing and rinsing with salt solution. Seems to work better and last longer than baking soda.
yes you put the salt on the brush..dont wet it because if u do the salt ll disolve...it's better to use sea salt
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

I have recently been brushing with Corsodyl toothpaste and using baking soda as a mouthwash. These two products are pretty much salt I believe. Have been getting ok results. Worth a try for anyone in the UK
Enuf
Total Newbie

Post by Enuf »

Day 4 - Lots of mucous draining today, which is good i think. My head is always so congested......for the first time in a long while it is draining. This after the salt water brush, gargle, and B12 today. I am using the salt usually used with a neti pot. It is pharmaceutical grade sodium chloride. Bought it at Whole Foods i believe. Using the neti pot has never worked this well for me....During the neti pot flush, the majority of the fluid seems to get stuck in my sinuses? and breeds more bacteria ???? Not sure what is going on.

For anyone with sinus issues contributing to bad breath, this salt water brush, gargle may be the way to go. Breath improved today too. I will keep you updated. Just to add more variables to this, I did use iflora for a few days last week. Had to stop because of weird odors coming from my nasal area. It did help the congestion while i was using it though.
something
Total Newbie

Post by something »

I've been doing this for 3 days now and it seems to be working. It hasn't got rid of the bad breath fully but it is helping. I'm pretty sure my problem has something to do with post nasal drip, and of course those nasty tonsil stones. Thanks for the tip, keep us posted.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

Enuf wrote:Day 4 - Lots of mucous draining today, which is good i think. My head is always so congested......for the first time in a long while it is draining. This after the salt water brush, gargle, and B12 today. I am using the salt usually used with a neti pot. It is pharmaceutical grade sodium chloride. Bought it at Whole Foods i believe. Using the neti pot has never worked this well for me....During the neti pot flush, the majority of the fluid seems to get stuck in my sinuses? and breeds more bacteria ???? Not sure what is going on.

For anyone with sinus issues contributing to bad breath, this salt water brush, gargle may be the way to go. Breath improved today too. I will keep you updated. Just to add more variables to this, I did use iflora for a few days last week. Had to stop because of weird odors coming from my nasal area. It did help the congestion while i was using it though.
Neti pot at bedtime seems to be keeping my tonsil stones away. I try to tilt my head so some drains out the back of the throat. I do both nostrils.

The first night I used it, the following morning a bunch of stones came out of the left tonsil when I flushed the tonsils with a dental syringe. Since then, nothing has come out that I can see or taste.

I've noticed there is an opening in the tonsils that is connected to the sinuses. If i squirt water in there sometimes it shoots up my nose. So a sinus infection could be causing the stones. I still get bb on my tongue, so the stones aren't the only source of the problem.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

hi! how much salt (and how much water) goes into a saltwater solution? can this gargle be used long term, and on a daily basis?

also,i plan to premix salt and water into a bottle for when i travel out of town. do any of you guys know how long that will keep? will that not get stale? will it lose its effectivity if the salt is kept in water (in a bottle) for a long time?
Godwilldoit
Total Newbie

Post by Godwilldoit »

chubbygirl wrote:hi! how much salt (and how much water) goes into a saltwater solution? can this gargle be used long term, and on a daily basis?

also,i plan to premix salt and water into a bottle for when i travel out of town. do any of you guys know how long that will keep? will that not get stale? will it lose its effectivity if the salt is kept in water (in a bottle) for a long time?
I dont think its a good idea to mix it because it ll disolve. It's best to put the salt in a different container.
kickn

Post by kickn »

i brushed and rinsed with sea salt for about two weeks- unrefined hand harvested so it still has minerals intact. it cleaned my toung really well, but felt like it might be a little harsh on my enamel. teeth were starting to get sensitive. not sure if this is a good long term solution. def scrapes the coating off the tongue though, prob keep using it there just not brushing with it....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic