Your Email Address:

First Name:

Laryngopharyngeal reflux

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
rikki

Laryngopharyngeal reflux

Post by rikki »

I've been doing some research and I think that my PND may be caused by Laryngopharyngeal reflux. This is the technical name that I found online but I believe it is similar if not almost the same as GERD. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this or if they knew anyway to fix it? I believe that many more of us have his condition then is beleieved because symptoms can often be quite mild and unnoticeable. So if anyone has any info or thoughts on this Please let me know. And of course have tried all regular and prescribed antacids so I know that there is no hope in those.

George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

From "Sinus Relief Now":
"In patients with GERD the stomache contents backs up into the ephagus, causing heartburn or indigestion.
In patients with LPRD the stomache acid does not stay in the esophagus long enough to cause heartburn, but instead travels to the larynx and pharynx and nose and sinuses. The acids in the larynx can cause laryngospasm or can aspirate into the lungs. Some people suffer from both GERD and LPRD."
Get yourself a gastroscopy, you can even do it consious, although it is quite uncomfortable. Had it myself this way. Then you can have a 24h measurement of stomache acids. Acid blockers have be applied at the right time, otherwise they do not deliver any effect. I think it was half an hour before the last meal of the day or something. I took half a pack or something over a whole day without any remarkable effect on my PND (don't try this anyway).
rikki

Post by rikki »

Thank you for your reply. I have an appointment with a gastroenterilogist at the end of the month. Do you know of anything that I should say or specifically ask? I have been waiting for this appointment for months so I want to make the most of it. May i ask what some of your symptoms are and Also, what different things did you find that offer some relief? Thank you so much for your response. Much appreciated.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

rikki,

do some search on this forum, there are plenty of posts here on that topic
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

pretty sure i have this type of problem. my bb often either tastes like vomit in the back of my throat, or kind of a weird fermented smell.. which leads me to believe it is coming from food coming back up.
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

I am curious how you all acquired the reflux ? Is it came from overeating & drinking like my case ?
Thanks for sharing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic