Your Email Address:

First Name:

had tonsillectomy yesterday

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ihatethebus
Master

had tonsillectomy yesterday

Post by ihatethebus »

its 4am today and i had my T and A done yesterday at 9am. Still in hospital and got pain killers 3ce through iv hole and 1 antibiotic through butt syringe. All can remember during op is gettin iv syringe + anaesthetic on wrist and getting gased then two second later, im waking in a ward with my mum waiting. Puked a lot Yday and stil nauseus. Had strong headache b4 pain killers. Throat hardly hurt at all, Yet. I can talk in my normal bassy voice perfectly without any pain.

chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

is tonsillectomy a major surgery?
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

@chubbygirl. It was in 50s. Im getting pain killers through injection. Im nt in any pain yet 12pm. Later.my nurse just walked in. Needle time
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

just eaten half a large size pizza. 5 slices. No pain at all. Lets see what 2moro brings. Cnt wait to go home and watch cartoon network
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

just wait until they stopped giving you painkillers... you'll starve! :)

i also had this procedure almost 2 years ago.. no more annoying tonsil stones!
bblovesme
Total Newbie

Post by bblovesme »

ihatethebus wrote:just eaten half a large size pizza. 5 slices. No pain at all. Lets see what 2moro brings. Cnt wait to go home and watch cartoon network
I was told you are supposed to avoid citrus and tomato juice for up to two weeks after the surgery as it could irritate the surgery site area.

It was more uncomfortable than painful for me. Felt very awkward when chewing and swallowing. Had to chew every bite very thoroughly before swallowing. Cold drinks helped, like cold apple juice. But sometimes room temperature water felt better, too. I guess it all depends on the person. I didn't experience any pain whatsoever. And to answer the question should it arise, it did not take away my BB.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

so happy for you, ihatethebus. :)

i just came from the hospital to have 2 tonsil stones removed. unfortunately for me, the dr said im not eligible to have my tonsils taken out. boo! :x

my problem is that i can't keep going to the hospital to have the stones removed. and i'm really worried that even though i had them taken out today, the stones are going to be back tomorrow. sh*t.

by the way, my breath smelled bad even after the stones were removed. i could tell by the way my boyfriend refused to kiss me on the mouth. he kept kissing me everywhere but on the mouth haha.

funnily, the doctor who did the procedure did not have a mask on the entire time he was extracting the stones, and that was a good 10 minutes!i really feel sorry for him, his face was in my wide open mouth the entire time. he probably wanted to puke. hahaha! :lol:
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

also avoiding citrus. Taking r.t.p apple juice and water. Better than cold. @'youl starve' Nice choice of words, laughed for bout a minute ther. @chubbygirl. U wont get a tonsillectomy if you dont heavily lie about the antibiotics you have to take 4 times a year for tonsillitis. Dont evn tel the nu doc u go to about the bb. He/she jus doesnt care. 8pm. Havnt had painkiller since 12am. Evrythings not so funny any more.lol. Laterz. Gone to shed sum tears
bblovesme
Total Newbie

Post by bblovesme »

ihatethebus wrote:also avoiding citrus. Taking r.t.p apple juice and water. Better than cold. @'youl starve' Nice choice of words, laughed for bout a minute ther. @chubbygirl. U wont get a tonsillectomy if you dont heavily lie about the antibiotics you have to take 4 times a year for tonsillitis. Dont evn tel the nu doc u go to about the bb. He/she jus doesnt care. 8pm. Havnt had painkiller since 12am. Evrythings not so funny any more.lol. Laterz. Gone to shed sum tears
The reason I posted about the citrus and tomato juice is because you said you had some pizza.. Pizza has tomato sauce.. wouldn't this be considered tomato juice? Just an observation, not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything 8)
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

after T. Most cn eat ice cream but nt milk. Ice cream contains milk but doesnt adhere to surgical site as much. Dont know what kinda pizza has a litre or 500mls of tomato juice floating on top of it. I was even more worried bout a chunk of cheese stickin 2my sides. Different anatomies n-e, way. Il get loads of diclofenac frm pharmacy in the mrning and walk this thing thru. Kip posting, ure nt rustlin any feathers. Tleast am 'talkin' to someone from my lonely ward
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

My horror. Frm my P.O.V. Swallowing is not even half as painfull as idleness--sitting(doing nothing),sleeping(don't even get me started),playing music(nt helping the headache). When i stand and start walking around the blood seems to leave my head and wala, no more pain. 2 bad im tired of standin and really nid some rest. 7:30am day 2. If doc doesnt discharge me 2day im going home. I can c my car in the car park through my 2nd floor window. Im really finding it hard to stay awake in a ward without dstv
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

dick.karma wrote:just wait until they stopped giving you painkillers... you'll starve! :)

i also had this procedure almost 2 years ago.. no more annoying tonsil stones!
How much does tonsillectomy cost in the philippines?
Last edited by angst-ridden on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

wtf. This is what all the fuss has been about?pain?im eating evrything i eat on a normal day. Someone come to africa and get malaria if u wnt 2 c what real pain is. Ive felt the earaches and all that. Boo hoo. Ive had better. Should have plucked them out myself. Jus messing with y'all, tho it rili doesnt hurt much long as im eating my meals and drinkin water. Ive thrown the pain killers away
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

@dick.karma : did your tonsillectomy reduce your bb?
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@anst-ridden
shelled out Php 12k ($250) in a public hospital

@chubbygirl
well it didn't help me. what really pushed me to undergo the procedure is because of those annoying tonsil stones. actually, weeks before that i couldn't pick them out since they weren't stones/solid anymore! just gross liquid oozing from the crevices and it was driving me nuts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic