Your Email Address:

First Name:

Failed salt water gargle. Initial success with SmartMouth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Enuf
Total Newbie

Failed salt water gargle. Initial success with SmartMouth

Post by Enuf »

In the latest of my trials to be rid of this bb forever (15+yrs), i have failed with the salt water gargle. While my breath seemed fresher it was somehow messing up my digestion, giving me worse reflux. Now, I have tried a few successful days with Smart mouth, i.e. no reactions. Will let you know how long this good result lasts....The biggest contributor to my bb is PND

Enuf
Total Newbie

Smart Mouth - had to give up. New trial w/ red tea....

Post by Enuf »

I had to give up with Smart Mouth. It did seem to help drain my sinuses for a while but eventually it gave me all sorts of digestive troubles. Also gave me an awful sore throat. My new current regimen: i have found some bb relief drinking red (rooibos) tea. It is an herbal tea, tastes good, and there is no caffeine. Full of antioxidants and great for the skin. Whole foods in one place i find it (Whole foods brand, Rooibos, orange vanilla creme). Anytime I try other teas, such as green tea etc. the smell seems to come back worse after a few days. Has not happened yet.

I drink one before bed, and am already waking up with fresher breath. Another cup before I start my day. Flossing every night with mint waxed floss and using a new floss action toothbrush with my electric toothbrush. Eating more kefir and yogurt to help establish flora that i must have messed up with the SmartMouth. Also take a couple sudafed a day to help drain sinuses.....Sudafed works so so for me...

This is all helping. As always, I'll keep you updated. Here's wishing all of us an answer to this soon! I have had enough embarrassment to last me a lifetime by now. [/list]
deebo

Post by deebo »

have you even tried sinus rinse with salt water ? keep us posted.
Enuf
Total Newbie

Post by Enuf »

Yes, it seems to upset the balance of the sinuses. I can not explain it. Maybe mucous just don't flow correctly up there...I start getting even weirder odors....Last ENT MD told me everything looked fine.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Enuf wrote:Yes, it seems to upset the balance of the sinuses. I can not explain it. Maybe mucous just don't flow correctly up there...I start getting even weirder odors....Last ENT MD told me everything looked fine.
I get that odd smells for 1/2 hour after i sinus rinse too . but i swear by rinsing . I try to let the saline run out of my mouth by putting my tongue out while rinsing. After all ,that what PND is doing. It helps me clear tonsil stones also. i take a nasal spray after that. I dont know that it helps yet tho.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic