Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB free for 8 weeks and now its come back

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halisux
Total Newbie

Post by halisux »

How is the treatment going? no BB back yet?

lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

I misjudged when this course finished, I had the last tab yesterday morning but no nothing yet. Thank you for asking. I'm just waiting for it to come back so feel a bit tense. On the bright side if it does re-emerge before next week I have the ent doctor on 26th so I can update him with the recent going ons.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Just an update really. Been of the meds for 8 days and still bb free. I daren't hope to much tho! I have noticed since the I started the tabs again that I have less of an urge to snort which prior to this was constant. I am assuming that the need to snort is the post nasal drip which was feeding the bacteria? I am of to see the ENT later on today where I will get the results of my scan.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Well I had the ENT as noted and he said there was nothing they could do to make a difference. He said that at my first appointment I had inflamed sinuses which was cleared up with the meds. I'm still odour free so far after 4 weeks and am enjoying being carefree at the minute. I'm pretty sure it will come back at some point but for now I've put it to the back of my mind.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Just thought I would look in on this website as I feel it helped me so much when I was at my lowest point. Its now been 9/10 weeks since I exprienced my odour but still not convinced it won't be back. I just hope the same meds will help others :-)
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

lisa thanks for the updates. I will be asking for those same medications from my doctor.

Please keep us updated and i hope your bb never comes back.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

I went to the doctor and got amoxicillin and Matranodizole ... will update if it helps me.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

if you use this antibiotic, you must use a rinse daily (morning and night) to maintain the fresh mouth afterwards or your bb will eventually come back once the bacteria repopulate. this is when rinses like smartmouth and chlorine dioxide work. just use a zinc or chlorine dioxide rinse 5 days a week, and chlorhexidine 2 days a week. probiotics at this time is a good idea too.

it's about getting rid of the anaerobic bacteria and then maintaining the low count through rinses in order to keep them from repopulating. this is if you have type 1 bb (oral problem).
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Good luck bbsux with the meds. I'm still bb free and its been nearly 5 months. Starting to hope that it will never be back. Apart from the normal brushing and flossing I rince with diluted tea tree oil daily and will continue to do so as I feel it helps.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

wow, that is great news, lisa! keep us posted if it keeps up.
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

I just left a message with a doctor that is (trying to) help me asking for the same Rx, Metronazole and Augmentin. I hope this works for me too.
fighter
Advanced

Post by fighter »

FYI: It's a good idea to not only take probiotics but natural antifungals during antibiotic use because destroying all bacteria can cause a candida albican overgrowth. Natural antifungals like garlic tablets, cocout oil, pau d'arco tea, castor bean oil, apple cider vinegar, carrot juice, etc. are good to help keep over growth at bay during treatment because candida overgrowth can cause bb as well. This is especially essential if you have or suspect you have candida.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

compor wrote:I used lansoprazole, amoxicillin and clarithromycin for 14 days, my bb was completely gone. Damn it felt so good. At first I was still covering my mouth and avoiding conversation, a few days later I was talking freely among friends and colleagues. But I knew it was just a temporary relief. Have you seen the movie "Awakenings" (Robin Williams, Robert de Niro)? I was awake for 10 days. Tried to get social with people, especially with the ones that I've deliberately avoided because of my bb. Now it's time to get back to my anti-social life.
Compor, did you ever mention to your doctor u had the relief for 10 days? I just wonder if this means you clearly have some kind of infection. I read on another board that someone else who took the prevpac (which is what the three Rx you took is called combined) took it with Prilosec and this cured him completely.

Also is your bb the fecal kind, rotten egg or rotten fish, or like the dirty sock sulfur kind??
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

lisa1983 wrote:Good luck bbsux with the meds. I'm still bb free and its been nearly 5 months. Starting to hope that it will never be back. Apart from the normal brushing and flossing I rince with diluted tea tree oil daily and will continue to do so as I feel it helps.
That is so promising! 5 months is great, I think you are cured. I remember your symtoms were similar to mine, allergies and sinus problems...I had been on antibiotics last year, different types and my bb came back a few days after finishing them... But I have not tried these 2.
I am so afraid of trying antibiotics because I had already spent lots of effort on probiotics and fixing yeast overgrowth in my body, I dont want to reverse it back, ..just confused. :-k
butterfly_24
Total Newbie

ANY UPDATE?

Post by butterfly_24 »

any update lisa1983, are you still bb free? and by the way may i ask how many times did you take those meds? is it twice a day? dd you also take those meds simultaneouly, or at the same time? or dd you take one meds at a time and then after that a couple of hours you will take the second med? which one must take first?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic