Your Email Address:

First Name:

Who got cured after turbinates and/or septum surgery

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nicc
Junior

Who got cured after turbinates and/or septum surgery

Post by nicc »

I'm trying to figure out where my problem relies and at the moment I only see two possibilities: PND (deviated septum, swollen turbinates) or dietary (candida, ....).

Dr. Aydimmur suggests Nasal Concha (Turbinates) problems as the cause for type 2 halitosis.
Now I'd like to give more details about my situation as I'm also going to take a TC in order to have a complete map of my turbinates condition.

I often experience the necessity to swallow mucus just like described in the PND condition. the mucus is just transparent, not thick and if it comes out of my nose it doesn't smell bad.
I'm pretty sure the air coming out of my nose doesn't small bad either.
Besides I've a deviated seputm, swollen turbinated as welll (I'll post complete diagnosis once the TC is done).

So, since a surgical intervetion at the nose is a very annoying operation I'd like to know if there's actually anyone cured after this big step.

Thanks in advance.

George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

What is a TC? Do you mean a CT? I have pretty much the same symptoms: Clear or whitish PND on just one side (the other side is perfect). In general no sinusitis related colds etc. No conventional therapy works.
I suffer from this condition for about 5 years, and it's getting worse, meaning more mucus.
My diagnosis of the Scan was: swollen turbinates, slightly deviated septum, stuck ostium, Sinusitis of ethmoids and maxillaris. Ironically the mucus comes down, where there is more space due to the deviated septum.
Check if sprays, like Nasonex, to reduce the swelling of the turbinates. You have to use those sprays more then 3-4 weeks until they work. Led to more mucus in my case.
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

Yup sorry I meant CT.
By the way by now I'm more convinced that my problem is due to my diet (candida, ... ) than turbinates problems.
I'll keep you informed.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

Tried candida cure myself. It actually went away in my bowels, according to the stool sample. PND was the same anyway. Candida is common among 75% of the people. And a doc told me that only really ill people get a candida infection.
I tried Nasonex for 5-6 weeks now. To my suprise the PND became worse. And sometimes I had a taste of something chemical or something burned in my mouth.
PND is meanwhile at a peak, it's permanent. I will have another CT and eventually probably a surgery still this year.
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

I'ce change my mind about the canida-food story, it just can't be the cause...
I've good reasons to hold lingual tonsils responsible for my bb, I'll undergo a surgery to solve the issue.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

I had my next CT scan. And it got better!? huh? Yes, my turbinates are still swollen, but the sinuses are free and can breathe. This is really strange, my PND got worse over time. Unstopable so to say.
VICKSTER
Advanced

Post by VICKSTER »

George80,
I had that surgery, but also had concha removed, things are much better. Next month Iam having a test that will confirm my progressbecause I had the same chromography last summer so we will be able to tell then if I had a cure. My reaction from others has been confusing , so I am waiting .... I do not want to give anyone false hope. But I gotta say , I think its much, much better. Good Luck.By the way Iam 3 weeks out of the surgery I still get PND.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Vickster, what sort of BB did you have? Was it only from your nose or did your tongue ever smell badly too?
VICKSTER
Advanced

Post by VICKSTER »

Hey H,
I had tongue & nose, fecal odor. This is why Iam going to have the chromotography done so I will know for sure if I have all bases covered. I am million times better, by peoples reactions to me, I filled rooms, but no longer.
My researcher that I go to thinks I will still have to work on the tongue issues... I can not tell you who he is , he has asked me not to. What I can tell you is he has no cures just diagnosis. Bascially we need to change the flora in our mouths some how, that is when we will see success. I will post when I have the chromotography done .
Thanks, everyone for your support. VICKSTER
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck with your chromatography test Vickster. The fact you arent filling rooms out anymore is most significant. Perhaps you've always had multiple causes of BB, but with what is clearly the most important one seemingly having been dealt with, you now stand a much higher chance of isolating any further BB causes that might be remaining.

By remaining tongue issues, do you mean tongue coating or tongue odour, or both? If you mean tongue odours, has this improved since your surgery?
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

what is a chromotography? how is it perfomerd in your case and is it supposed to help? thanks in advance
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

any update?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

nicc wrote:what is a chromotography?
Hi nicc,

Chromatography is a method used to determine the composition of a vapor, gas, or sufficiently-volatile, liquid sample.

A sample enters a chromatographic instrument and the instrument has the ability to group & concentrate the individual components of a mixture so that a detector can determine what each material species is.

Bad breath samples that undergo chromatographic analysis typically show the presence of hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan and/or dimethyl sulfide.
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

Hi searching,
Thanks for the info, I wonder if this examination can be of any help...

as for me I'm really at the point where I've no clue what can cause my bb... the more I read the more I got confused.
I'm doing ok with the waterpik but just as long as I combine its use with antibacterical products like Listerine.
nicc
Junior

Post by nicc »

so any news vickster?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic