Your Email Address:

First Name:

advice on discussing bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

advice on discussing bb

Post by waitingforrelief »

hi all,

i am just beginning a new relationship and i could really use some bb-related advice for it. here's the situation:

i had my wisdom tooth removed about 3 weeks ago. i was put on peridex as a rinse after the extraction. and in those 3 weeks my breath has gradually been improving to the point that i totally thought that the tooth extraction had gotten to the root of my problem.

until a couple days ago i started to feel the same "diseased mouth" feeling. the thick saliva, hot breath, salty taste, really dry and slimey mouth... etc.. so i am beginning to realize that it was perhaps only the peridex that had temporarily helped my problem and perhaps it is starting to not work anymore.

so during the about 2 weeks of my experiencing much less breath odor and a much more clean-feeling mouth, i lived it up. just really enjoyed life. i don't have to tell everyone how heartbroken i am to realize that it was not the answer. i basically spent the day having little panic attacks about this. but i'm trying to not dwell on that at this point.

so i started going out with someone while the peridex was still working. we did a lot of kissing, which i was not able to do before the peridex without making my partner's breath smell as well. so you can imagine how happy i was to be able to kiss freely, and a lot. we had gone on a few dates already in this time range, and we really like each other.

now, the problem is, the last time i saw him was yesterday. and my breath was noticeably worse at the time. after we kissed, his breath smelled as well-it did not happen when i felt that my breath was better on previous dates. which means that my kissing days are over, yet again.

even though we've only met for a short period of time - if there's a guy that i can imagine talking about this problem with, it'd be with this guy. he's been moving WAY too fast for me and also by conventional standard. already calling me his girlfriend by the 3rd time i saw him, planning trips with me 6 months from now on our 2nd date. stuff like that .i can tell he really really likes me a lot, and that he has a sensitive soul. and before i got the bb back, i felt a comfort level with him like no others. (although there are still some incompatibilities.)

anyway, so with past relationships taht i simply didn't even kiss so much to begin with, there was no explaination needed. now after i had seemed like such an eager kisser, i don't know how to just stop kissing without telling him what's wrong. and also, i'd like to be honest with him and talk about it anyway. because i could feel myself shutting down on our last date. and i know that if i want a relationship to work in my life, i need to "come clean" about this so i don't have to "hide". especially honesty is a big trait about this person i'm dating now, and i just have a feeling that perhaps being honest with him about this is the way to go.

do you guys have any positive advice? i'm not looking for the "why me, poor me" spiel. i have gone through enough of that. i want to be encouraged. i need to feel more positive about this.

so if anyone has advice on how to broach the subject in a less awkward way where i can still hold on to my dignity, or just encourgaement in general, id' love to hear it. i guess for me the bottom line is, i need to let him know that kissing would be a problem for me, that it may make his breath smell as well. a really difficult subject, i think, but one that i may need to finally bring up.

i hope to get some feedbacks, thanks!

josef5111

Post by josef5111 »

i think if kissing is making his breath same as yours its just temporary and it will go away after a while, as long as he happy with your kissing dont worry, telling him about your problem may push him away from you just make sure you are not ruining his life i mean if you think he is getting chronic bad breath then tell him what ever you want.
josef5111

Post by josef5111 »

i think if kissing is making his breath same as yours its just temporary and it will go away after a while, as long as he happy with your kissing dont worry, telling him about your problem may push him away from you just make sure you are not ruining his life i mean if you think he is getting chronic bad breath then tell him what ever you want.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

a few years ago, i dated a guy with really bad breath that never went away with just brushing (sounds familiar to all of us, i'm sure!). anyway, i liked him so it didn't bother me as much, except when it was really bad. sometimes, you wouldn't notice the breath so much when kissing.

if i know i am going to be kissing someone, right before i see them, i make sure i clean my mouth really well - brush, floss, scrape tongue, use hydrogen peroxide solution in my hydrofloss machine (there are some threads here about this working for some people), chlorhexidine or chlorine dioxide rinse. sure, this is just a temporary fix but it works for a short time - enough time to feel more confident with my breath when i do see them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic