Your Email Address:

First Name:

Visited Oral Surgeon today re wisdom teeth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
duffpaddy
Total Newbie

Post by duffpaddy »

@halitosisux

I've just had two of my wisdom teeth removed to help cure my bb once I realised they were they the cause.

It's been two days since I've had them removed and my mouth stinks! I've been doing the salt water mouth rinses 4 times a day to prevent infection but it's not helping.

Do you have any tips for making it smell better whilst recovering?

I'm still getting a small amount of blood loss but much less than I did yesterday. And I dare not clean my teeth to close to the extraction zone.

Do you have a recommended toothpaste?
And should I start using a tongue scraper as I think the blood is causing the smell?
Can I also use a non-alcohol based mouth rinse like Dentyl PH?

danger
Master

Post by danger »

duffpaddy wrote:@halitosisux

I've just had two of my wisdom teeth removed to help cure my bb once I realised they were they the cause.

It's been two days since I've had them removed and my mouth stinks! I've been doing the salt water mouth rinses 4 times a day to prevent infection but it's not helping.

Do you have any tips for making it smell better whilst recovering?

I'm still getting a small amount of blood loss but much less than I did yesterday. And I dare not clean my teeth to close to the extraction zone.

Do you have a recommended toothpaste?
And should I start using a tongue scraper as I think the blood is causing the smell?
Can I also use a non-alcohol based mouth rinse like Dentyl PH?

was it bottom or top?

just to say when i got a wisdom tooth out that was causing a smell, i was still getting that particular smell for a bit after getting it pulled. it is only when it had healed over that the smell disappeared. i dont know if it cured my BB because i still notice an odour most of the time on a particular part of my tongue when wipe my finger on it

the amount of time and money i have used on tongue scrapers i would never recommend them. completely pointless
duffpaddy
Total Newbie

Post by duffpaddy »

I had top and bottom wisdom teeth done on my left side. I'm having the right ones done in a month's time.

I'm supposed to be meeting some friends tomorrow so I'm a bit paranoid that my breath is going to smell much worse than it did!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

duffpaddy, hi. Try not to disturb anything because the important for now is to let things heal as quickly as possible without risking any complications. Occasional warm salt-water rinses are probabaly all you should be doing. You could try a small amount of hydrogen peroxide or chlorine dioxide on your tongue which will help to neutralize any foul buildups if you really need to. Ensure you are getting adquate vitamin C and zinc.

Good luck with your outcome.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few weeks. Will let you all know if its my cure! Iv tried almost everything else including tonsillectomy. So i keep you posted :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic