Your Email Address:

First Name:

IM SO AFRAID

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

i read all these posts ad couldnt help but cry. i started school today and luckily i didnt have to talk much! i still have a few friends but i have never been confident enough to just reach out and make new ones unless i drink.....a lot. i had to sit in a desk next to one of the girls in my group and when i spoke she didnt look long, she just turned away. i felt like she smelled my breath but she never said anything. once i was at a bar and i was speaking close to my best friend and she started to clear her throat like my bad breath smell got in her mouth or something. mean girls are the worst, they will pick on me so bad in class.

hopefully things will get better. i am hoping to buy nexium when i get some more money. i hope that will help me.

deebo

Post by deebo »

..."What does your BF say about your bb? Start there . if he doesnt know what you are worried about ,he can't make an informed recommendation ."
Free2breath911 wrote: I for the first time in 3 years told my bf out right I suffer with BB.....
Well I guess its true when they say “the truth will set you free” because my bf now said he is going to buy me some insurance ASAP.....
Awesome Free2 . Jobs come and go of course . The benefits of someone to Trust and rely on are unfathomable .

Malory is working on this exact thing . The stigma of BB & tmau , to the point that it Should be recognized as a disability for many of us. It easily causes us to shun the world and vise versa if we don't have a good Support system . BB may or may never be gone completely but we can deal with life with people we can trust helping us . Your story is very heartfelt . I know it well .
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

deebo wrote:
You paint quite a black and white picture with either being an "animal " or a "good person.Period " . The vast majority of us bb and people in general fall in the grey area . Great that youre a "good person " though. Cheers
Take it as you wish. BB makes us ugly people with exaggerated emotions. I'm dealing with mine, by just letting people see "me", and not just smelling me.

Makes a huge difference in my entire life.

I can't say that people don't talk shit when I leave the room, but they have garnered enough respect for me not to make me feel like crap in my face. A year ago, the same people would look at me like a walking log of crap. I've learned the very hard way, From now on, I'm back to my normal old self ... the choice was all mine.

And do we need to go back to trying to judge each other's breath over the internet? I thought the site was past that, guess not. I don't have to prove anything, I know exactly what I go through every day of my life, I know that the quality of my life has gone from 10 to 1, regardless of whether or not my level 8 breath is as bad as your 9. Not interested in BB contests.
deebo

Post by deebo »

elliott wrote:
deebo wrote:
You paint quite a black and white picture with either being an "animal " or a "good person.Period " . The vast majority of us bb and people in general fall in the grey area . Great that youre a "good person " though. Cheers
Take it as you wish. BB makes us ugly people with exaggerated emotions. I'm dealing with mine, by just letting people see "me", and not just smelling me.

Makes a huge difference in my entire life.

I can't say that people don't talk shit when I leave the room, but they have garnered enough respect for me not to make me feel like crap in my face. A year ago, the same people would look at me like a walking log of crap. I've learned the very hard way, From now on, I'm back to my normal old self ... the choice was all mine.

And do we need to go back to trying to judge each other's breath over the internet? I thought the site was past that, guess not. I don't have to prove anything, I know exactly what I go through every day of my life, I know that the quality of my life has gone from 10 to 1, regardless of whether or not my level 8 breath is as bad as your 9. Not interested in BB contests.
no contest here buddy . Your choice to nix your anxiety is a good one indeed . It would be great If we all could just choose to not be anxious about bb anymore. Like before we knew we had it . This is very hard you know.

Maybe the next step is "outing" ourself . Informing those involved of our bb plight in some way .This way ,they are invested ,not separate . They can purge themselves of all the "fixes" they think will work (brushing,flossing....)and get the rumors and sh!t-talk out of their systems . Maybe once they know we have already tried everything they would possible think of plus tons more ,it could soon squash the rumor mill and drama show.

I've been trying to do this more and more lately . If someone asks why i'm high raw foods, I say its for sinuses ,BB and health . What can they think then? I try to be welcoming and prepared for any comments .The idea being to meet them head on ,forcing honesty , rather than behind-the back rumours that would Never stop otherwise . Also I've done my part. The monkey on my back is Much lighter at least .Its up to them to do the same with their monkeys . So far ,I've told a co-worker, best friend, parents ,sibling , store clerk ,counselor all to mixed responses .
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

deebo,

I'm curious, what did the store clerk say?
deebo

Post by deebo »

mike987 wrote:deebo,

I'm curious, what did the store clerk say?
she seemed a little awkward when I mentioned bb but didn't seems to be repulsed by any smell . The guy in back of me asked "are you trying to live forever or something?" the clerk was like in my defense saying "wow, super healthy ". i quickly mentioned that i'm trying to clear up an ongoing sinus problem ,causing bb ,infections .... . We are both always a bit shy anyway so it would have been really weird to say "how is my breath now ?" 8) . Also ,I know people always say " i can't smell anything" .. . Its a terrible gauge to ask most folks around here. :^o The best i can do is notify
Free2breath911
Junior

Post by Free2breath911 »

thanks all....keep on pushing..thats our only way to find a cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic