Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB free for 8 weeks and now its come back

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Faithful..... Did u ever get the meds and did it work??

ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

hi all,,this thread has been so inspirational! lisa1983,, what kind of bb did you have? i am seriously considering using the antibiotics augmentin and metronizole because i have really bad fecal breath that comes from the throat. i don't have nose odor. did you have nose odor? i will even consider using them long term if they will cure me. i am so desperate at this point.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

lisa and others-

It may be possible you have Ileocecal Valve Syndrome. You may have killed off all bacteria- getting rid of bb. But it comes back if you have an issue with this valve not functioning.
Worth looking into for those that have been temporarily cured by antibiotics.
viewtopic.php?p=36993
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Just another update really as I had a couple of inbox messages. I have been bb free for well over a year so there is hope. I'm still paranoid from time to time but am leading a normal life like I couldn't have imagined. I even started a new job last year as my cure has brought a new found confidence!
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Lisa, you mentioned the smell doesn't eminate from your nose, but I think you also said when you you have a cold or you happen to cry the smell gets stronger.

I have the same issue but when that happens the smell eminates quite strongly from my nose and mouth.

Also can I ask had you tried any other antibiotics before or just the Metronizadol and Augmentin those last two times?
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

lisa1983 wrote:Just another update really as I had a couple of inbox messages. I have been bb free for well over a year so there is hope. I'm still paranoid from time to time but am leading a normal life like I couldn't have imagined. I even started a new job last year as my cure has brought a new found confidence!
Hi Lisa1983, Along with these antibiotics have you made any lifestyle changes? Like eating at regular time, eating fresh fruits and vegs , exercise etc.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Lisa this is very motivaiting to hear you found a cure! What symptoms, and how bad was your breath.. Whenn u decided to see an ENT?
butterfly_24
Total Newbie

how did you take the med???

Post by butterfly_24 »

lisa,

how did you take the med? did you take both of the meds at the same time? or is there an hour or 30 mins gap before you take the other meds?
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

It was a nasal type bad breath which I felt smelt like poo that came on and off for no reason I can explain. Thankfully I was aware when I had it so could try and stay away from people. I'd been to the doctors a few times about the odour and after joining this forum decided I needed to see an ENT to get checked for problems with my sinuses. They found nothng but some swelling and the ENT happened to give me the two meds which cured it. I took them 3 times a day together. When it came back 8 weeks later (brought back by a serious bout of flu) I returned to the doctor and asked for the same meds.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

I tried the same antibiotics and posted about it, but I can't find my posts right now. Just an update: I experienced a great reduction of bb for about two weeks, but bb has come back. It was a valuable experience though, because it confirmed that (among other things) I have a sinus problem, which I previously didn't consider, because I used nasal spray, saline rinse and anti histamines which didn't help at all.

After the antibiotics my mouth and nose felt wonderfully moist and very fresh. The dark circles around my eyes were gone. I still had pnd though and the pain above my eyes was still there, although greatly reduced.

Two days ago, I felt a feeling of rather intense pressure in my head and I knew the sinus infection was returning. Then overnight the extreme dryness in my mouth and throat returned. There are smudges around my eyes again at the moment which will probably become as dark as before.

Antibiotics didn't cure my infection permanently, so I have to find the underlying cause of my sinus, which may be an allergy, structural abnormality or goodness knows what else.

In addition, I have IBS and other issues (possibly LPR) which I am also working on. At this stage I no longer hope for a 100% cure, but I'll be happy if the bb can be managed.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

I guess i should update this

The two medications did nothing for me. I actually had to stop taking them because they were not helping my bb but were making me feel very weak/bad after one week.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I had my tonsils removed two years ago. Today im getting my wisdom teeth removed. If this does not cure my BB I will try this Metronizole.
If I still have BB after these attempts, I will be seeing dentists privately to extract each tooth one by one, starting with the molars \:D/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic