Your Email Address:

First Name:

A good hint to find the source of BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

A good hint to find the source of BB

Post by john_bb »

Hey all,
More than anything else just question yourself at what time did your BB start. What changes happened to you prior to being a BB sufferer.
for example 1) what was your life style (waking and sleeping time) 2) food habits 3) physical changes like puberty, accident or major illness 4) psychological changes 5) puberty/menopause 6) dental hygiene 7) change in weather 8) moving to a different country/ culture.. 9) job change or more stressed out life or increase of responsibilities..10) Unsafe sex (importantly oral) 11) drugs/ smoking/alcohol
Like this I can tell you 100 things...but it is important to understand how these things influenced your BB or initiated your BB....

clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

For me it was only two and I remembered them quite well because I suffered a lot during both:

1) 3 Jaw surgeries following strong antibiotic consumption for more than one month and eating zero solid food, only ice cream, yogurt etc....itching throat, ears started after it....I had also very bad depression at that time, almost crying all the time.
2) Food poisoning by eating a rotten meat sandwich in a restaurant , I stayed in a hospital for a week but never felt OK like before, IBS and hemorrhoid started after it.

I think that is a great idea to find out about risk factors, it will help us to find the reason of bb for those who have similar experiences.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

clara, sorry if I've missed something, but could you explain a bit more about part 1? Why were u on the antibiotics and about being on non-solid food etc.

On part 2, could your food poisoning have been a parasitic infection? Were you given the tests and medications to rule out what this was? Getting food poisoning from meat, particularly pork, could very likely have been a source of parasitic infection.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

clara0 wrote:For me it was only two and I remembered them quite well because I suffered a lot during both:

1) 3 Jaw surgeries following strong antibiotic consumption for more than one month and eating zero solid food, only ice cream, yogurt etc....itching throat, ears started after it....I had also very bad depression at that time, almost crying all the time.
2) Food poisoning by eating a rotten meat sandwich in a restaurant , I stayed in a hospital for a week but never felt OK like before, IBS and hemorrhoid started after it.

I think that is a great idea to find out about risk factors, it will help us to find the reason of bb for those who have similar experiences.
Clara0 ....I too have IBS...these days I am able to manage IBS very efficiently.

Try the following inexpensive ways followed by me to manage your IBS
1) Try gentian root herbal supplement (use twice a day-no side effects)
http://www.amazon.com/Full-Spectrum-Gen ... 669&sr=8-1
2) Use Multi enzyme digestive tabs (found in walmart)
3) Use Chelidonium 30 C(No side effects- very very effective)
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Chel
4) use Arsenicum Album 30 C (No side effects- super effective)
http://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Arsenicum ... 987&sr=1-1
All these products together will cot you less than 25$ but will give you a very robust IBS management system. the last two homeopathy medicines slightly improve your breath too..
good luck
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

John,

The problem with your suggestion is that many of us don't know exactly when the bad breath started. We only know when we first became aware of it, but that is not necessarily when it started.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

Phantasist wrote:John,

The problem with your suggestion is that many of us don't know exactly when the bad breath started. We only know when we first became aware of it, but that is not necessarily when it started.
I completely agree with you Phantasist...
Even I faced the same problem...but I decided to break the silence I asked my mom when she first observed my BB..she said that I was around 12 years..
So ask your parents or siblings...if you have childhood friends try to ask them....If you can find a solution to this problem, you will be glad that you asked them...
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

halitosisux wrote:clara, sorry if I've missed something, but could you explain a bit more about part 1? Why were u on the antibiotics and about being on non-solid food etc.

On part 2, could your food poisoning have been a parasitic infection? Were you given the tests and medications to rule out what this was? Getting food poisoning from meat, particularly pork, could very likely have been a source of parasitic infection.
For part 1 :The story that why I did the surgeries is a bit long, but briefly I needed to extract a bone like stuff growing deep in my jaw near the Facial nerve, I have had a hard time finding a doctor who accepted to do it, I did not have any pain etc before it but I medically needed to do it to avoid any possible future infection there.
As you may probably know, doctors always prescribe antibiotics after the surgeries to prevent any infection...I had been on very strong antibiotics + painkillers for more than 1 month ( I had 2 little and one major surgery) and at the same time I was on my daily asthma medications (2 sprays & antihistamines) .
According to the doctor advise I could only eat cold liquids because of the wounds there I could not put any pressure there and chew any food and it had to be cold because warm food stimulates bleeding from wounds. I was living alone at that time so I did not have anybody to give me food etc , so my main food was ice cream and some dairy....

for part 2: Actually after that food poisoning I never felt OK...I have had IBS , bleeding after bowel movements, hemorrhoid & and severe cramps that was making me taking many painkillers at once...I was so sick that my sister was thinking I had intestine cancer or sth, I went to many doctors doing many tests and all ended up in antibiotics and medications which did not work at all.

Fortunately IBS stopped after like 2 yrs of suffering when I changed my diet and also I took some anti-parasite herbs , I had die off symptoms afterwards but I felt much better and all the problems eventually went away.
After these two events that happened very closely in my life my problems started. Especially after the recovery from the surgery when I went back to my office I noticed people behavior changing...and I got comments from my colleague about how bad my b was .... before it I have had a history of allergy, sinusitis etc but no bb whatsoever. ...
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

john_bb wrote:
clara0 wrote:For me it was only two and I remembered them quite well because I suffered a lot during both:

Clara0 ....I too have IBS...these days I am able to manage IBS very efficiently.

Try the following inexpensive ways followed by me to manage your IBS
1) Try gentian root herbal supplement (use twice a day-no side effects)
http://www.amazon.com/Full-Spectrum-Gen ... 669&sr=8-1
2) Use Multi enzyme digestive tabs (found in walmart)
3) Use Chelidonium 30 C(No side effects- very very effective)
All these products together will cot you less than 25$ but will give you a very robust IBS management system. the last two homeopathy medicines slightly improve your breath too..
good luck
Hey John thank you so much, fortunately It is more than a year that I am cured , I changed the diet and took some anti-parasite stuff and they helped...at least up to now...but I keep the link for my friend`s mother who has IBS, it may help her. :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Clara, could you still be having issues relating to this jaw problem?

On the subject of parasites, if you were infected by parasites when you got food poisoning, then if you only took herbal remedies for it you might still have them. If so, the different diets you try might be affecting them in such a way that results in a lessening of your BB.

Parasites really need to be taken seriously as a cause of bad breath.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

john_bb wrote: ...3) Use Chelidonium 30 C(No side effects- very very effective)
good luck
since we have been talking a lot about quackery, i thought it would be unfair to let homeopathy off the hook:
http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webgli ... homeopathy
They may be cheap, but so they should be since each box could not possibly contain even one active molecule! (30C is a dilution by 10 to the power 60)
However, a placebo can be very effective in some cases.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

halitosisux wrote:Clara, could you still be having issues relating to this jaw problem?

On the subject of parasites, if you were infected by parasites when you got food poisoning, then if you only took herbal remedies for it you might still have them. If so, the different diets you try might be affecting them in such a way that results in a lessening of your BB.

Parasites really need to be taken seriously as a cause of bad breath.
No, Actually I am sure about it. You know a very tiny problem there like an infection will cause huge pain and discomfort, it was at least 5 yrs ago, I also went to several doctors and did X.Rays to assure everything was OK and they told me there is no problem in that area.

By the way, when I get bb, I have very itchy burning throat, ears and red eyes, sth like a bad sinusitis and I am sneezing frequently and shortness of breath occurs, any infection in Jaw area causes constant severe pain, which is totally unrelated to my symptoms...also my bb goes away when I am on a raw vegan diet which totally rejects that probability.

For parasites, I did like 3,4 rounds of herbal treatment, I may still have a little of them but I don't think they are that problematic any longer because I don't have any discomfort in gut etc (knock on wood :)) and during the last rounds I had zero die-off , was like I was taking sugar pills :)
I also read somewhere that normal medical tests only can show 10% of parasites and there are many types that cannot be shown in any tests.
I personally believe my bb is due to a stubborn bacteria/yeast or whatsoever overgrowth in the throat/ears/sinus area.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

clara0 wrote:I personally believe my bb is due to a stubborn bacteria/yeast or whatsoever overgrowth in the throat/ears/sinus area.
This is very likely to be true, but something, somewhere, somehow is allowing it to happen and to persist. That food poisoning event is like a smoking gun.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

potty_mouth, here's some more quakery info:-
http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webgli ... ry=candida
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

halitosisux,
In general I agree that candidiasis is quackery (certainly systemic - which would show up in the blood and have obvious severe symptoms). As far as intestinal (exogenous) overgrowth of yeast goes, I go through phases of accepting the possibility and dismissing it.
I have recently dismissed that I have candida in my mouth and throat (nor sinuses probably). My swabs showed anaerobes and Staph aureus.
But having tested positive for fermentation in my gut I am struggling to find an alternative explanation other than yeast. The problem is that the validity of such tests has not really been proven or disproven (to my knowledge). My next step is to see a gastroenterologist with my test results and see what their explanation is.
But at least candida is present in all of our GI tracts and the concept of it overgrowing after regular or prolonged antibiotics use is in my opinion a bit more plausible than water "having a memory".
I'll continue to read the quackwatch info to make sure I'm better informed on the topic. Thanks :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Potty_mouth, I'm sorry if my post seemed aimed at you. I mentioned you because you pasted the quackwatch homeophathy link. It's a very good site full of important info. I completely agree with what you've said there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic