Your Email Address:

First Name:

Recovery after wisdom teeth extraction

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

Recovery after wisdom teeth extraction

Post by john_bb »

Hi folks,
I am slowly recovering from the wisdom teeth extraction surgery...I am not sure about how many days it will take....
One of my sockets is still bleeding and has been a source of blood breath from my mouth. These are my observations in the past few days
GOOD ONES
1) No morning breath at all
2) Floss smell nothing
BAD ONES
3) Occasional BB due to bleeding
4) Horribly black and white coated tongue (may be due to antibiotics...I even suspect this tongue for the leftover BB).

Can some one tell me about when will this bleeding stop?? and when shall I start living a new life??

paul

Post by paul »

i had all four out, lower 2 impacted, made no difference at all...
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

paul wrote:i had all four out, lower 2 impacted, made no difference at all...
Hey Paul...
How many days did it bleed for you...Did you not observe a single benefit??
Do you have PND or any other Gastrointes... prob?? How does your breath smell??
John
paul

Post by paul »

It took many days for bleeding to stop all together, then lightly brushing around the sockets made them bleed more. The loser dentist forgot to give me antibiotics so may of taken a few weeks before my mouth functioned again. I m sure i have slight PND but I think that my tongue harbors most of the bacteria that make the smell, if food/drink, or mucus from PND go on my tongue its only a matter of time before BB is back. heavy tongue scraping and biotene enzyme spray are my best results to date, I have spent thousands on this and a $5 tongue scraper and $12 spray works the best.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I had my 4 wisdom teeth out last year. Didn't help my breath. I don't remember how long it took to recover, but I think it was months before the sockets filled in. Had to keep irrigating them every night with a syringe to get food particles out. The pain was gone after a week or two. Be careful not to drink with a straw as a vacuum can reopen the blood clot that forms over the socket.

My recently removed tonsils seem to be the primary bb cause for me. Have to wait until they fully heal to be sure, but so far it looks promising. My tongue is a lot pinker than before even after drinking coffee.
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Congrats hfn. I hope this is the answer for u:)
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

I am still recovering and the results have been positive until now. But it is too premature to conclude anything right now... It is my 12th day after surgery and will try to update you folks after 10 more days. I am still bleeding during nights and bleeding is certainly causing BB. But the smell of this is different from the smell of my old BB. I was on antibiotics for the first 10 days so I need few more days to confirm weather my BB is gone or not.

[-o< I am really anxious and praying hard
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Wishful thinking is the best you can do. Just stay positive I guess.

I really hope this did it for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic