Your Email Address:

First Name:

extra virgin coconut oil

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Susie
Sheriff

extra virgin coconut oil

Post by Susie »

I received my extra virgin coconut oil. Can't wait to try it. Hope I get good results!

MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Good luck, Susie!
deebo

Re: extra virgin coconut oil

Post by deebo »

Susie wrote:I received my extra virgin coconut oil. Can't wait to try it. Hope I get good results!
how will you use it ?
john_bb
Advanced

Re: extra virgin coconut oil

Post by john_bb »

deebo wrote:
Susie wrote:I received my extra virgin coconut oil. Can't wait to try it. Hope I get good results!
how will you use it ?
What would you do with coconut oil....??? Just let us know abt it..I knew that it can be used as an anti-bacterial solution..so are you going to gargle with it??
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

I also bought it, I wanted to eat it but a member told me it is very high in fat and can be unhealthy to eat everyday and instead recommended coconut milk, Now I don't know what to do with the oil...maybe I try oil-pulling.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

thanks MissPretty!

Deebo, I ate one tsp on a piece of toast this morning. I'm starting out slow. It was actually good.

John, not going to gargle with it. I'm trying to get my digestion under control.

ClaraO, I also heard it has high fat, but I'm still going to try it.

I ordered some chlorella powder today and going to try to detox. I keep getting sinus infections cause I have reflux that keeps coming up and I think that is what is causing the infections. The doctor wants to do sinus surgery but I'll just get the infection back unless I get this reflux under control. Hopefully this stuff will help and my breath will get better also! I ordered my chlorella powder from www.nutsonline.com. It was $16.99 for a 1 pound bag.

I'm trying.....may not get anywhere, but at least I'm still trying!!! I will never give up!!
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

Clara0 and deebo..pls keep us updated....
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

ClaraO,
Found this article talking about fat in coconut oil. It says it actually promotes weight loss. Might be a helpful article.

Coconut oil is the healthiest oil on earth" says Dr. Bruce Fife, a naturopathic doctor and the author of "The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil."

Modern research backs up this bold statement. Once wrongly accused of increasing cholesterol levels, coconut oil is now actually being used by doctors in the treatment of a variety of disorders.

Clinical studies have shown that coconut oil has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, and is now even being used in treating AIDS patients. Studies conducted in the Philippines last year showed that coconut oil does indeed reduce the viral load in AIDS patients.

Once mistakenly thought to be bad because of its saturated fat content, coconut oil is now known to contain a unique form of saturated fat that actually helps prevent heart disease, stroke, and hardening of the arteries.

The saturated fat in coconut oil is unlike the fat found in meat or other vegetable fats. It is identical to a special group of fats found in human breast milk that have been shown to improve digestion, strengthen the immune system, and protect against bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. These fats, derived from coconut oil, are now routinely used in hospital IV formulations and commercial baby formulas. They're also used in sports drinks to boost energy and enhance athletic performance.

Virgin Coconut Oil is a product that can rightly be called a “nutraceutical” because of its ability to help a number of health problems - substantiated by the abundant positive research that has been carried out on it. Jon J. Kabara, Ph.D (Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University) had this to say about the value of lauric oils (contained in virgin coconut oil). "Never before in the history of man is it so important to emphasize the value of Lauric Oils. The medium-chain fats in coconut oil are similar to fats in mother's milk and have similar nutraceutical effects.”

Coconut oil has been used throughout Asia and the Pacific for thousands of years as both a food and a medicine. Even today it holds a highly respected position in the Ayurvedic medicine of India. Only recently has modern medical research confirmed the many health benefits traditionally attributed to this remarkable oil.

Another incredible fact about coconut oil is that even though it is a fat, it actually promotes weight loss! The reason is again because of the healthy medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids do not circulate in the bloodstream like other fats, but are sent directly to the liver where they are immediately converted into energy, just like carbohydrates. So the body uses the fat in coconut oil to produce energy, rather than be stored as body fat.

Medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil also speed up the body’s metabolism, burning more calories and promoting weight loss. The weight-loss effects of coconut oil have been clearly demonstrated by many researchers. They offer wonderful health benefits and are nowhere found more abundantly in nature outside coconut oil. For the hypothyroid sufferer the medium chain fats rev up the body's sluggish metabolism and promote weight loss as well.

So how much coconut oil should one consume? A good therapeutic dosage is 3 to 4 tablespoons a day. This provides enough lauric acid to build the immune system. Also, look for unrefined coconut oil. Stay away from all hydrogenated oils, whether it is coconut oil or vegetable oils. Hydrogenated oils are oils with trans fatty acids, which have been altered from their original chemical composition, and have been shown to raise serum cholesterol levels that can lead to heart disease. Also look for unrefined coconut oils, like Virgin Coconut Oil. Most commercial coconut oils are RBD (refined, bleached, and deodorized). While these RBD oils do in many cases maintain the beneficial chemical structures of the medium chain fatty acids, they also contain chemicals used in processing.

Bio: By Maggie VandenBrekel E-Publishing
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Potential Chlorella Benefits
What are the reasons people consume chlorella?
Chlorella is consumed by many people because of the possible health benefits it provides. Though these benefits are not supported by the FDA, in many studies it has proven to be effective for:

- The prevention of cancer
- Mitigating the side effects of radiation treatment
- Stimulating the immune system
- Increasing white blood cell levels
- Preventing common infections
- Slowing or reversing the aging process
- Treatment of ulcers
- Treatment of constipation
- Ridding one of halitosis
- Reducing high blood pressure
- Reducing high cholesterol
- Treatment of fatigue
- Relieving of PMS
- Reducing the occurrence of asthma attacks
- Possible relief from symptoms fibromyalgia

This is just a small sample of the many conditions that have shown positive signs when consuming Chlorella. It is also a great resource for protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals so it is truly a great food source.
Possible Chlorella Side Effects
Like most dietary substances, Chlorella may cause some unwanted side effects, though it is generally considered safe to use. Additionally, most of the effects shouldn't really be called "side effects", as often they are just symptoms of detox, a natural cleansing of toxins from the body.

It may cause mild symptoms such as gas, nausea, discoloration of bowel movements, cramping of the stomach, and diarrhea. These side effects will often dissipate on their own after a few days or by reducing the amount of Chlorella consumed. It is not known if Chlorella is safe to consume while pregnant or breastfeeding and those who are allergic to iodine should not consume it as it does contain iodine.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Yea . Coconut oil is the Only thing i use on my skin daily and its the only oil i currently use in or on food or smoothies .

i use food grade stuff only . Stores try to sell the "External use only" or "Not for consumption" .. This stuff is toxic and Terrible . Read The Labels folks .
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

if virgin coconut oil is a natural antibiotic, will it not

also inadvertently get rid of the good bacteria in our body???
deebo

Post by deebo »

chubbygirl wrote:if virgin coconut oil is a natural antibiotic, will it not

also inadvertently get rid of the good bacteria in our body???
this is what i was thinking before taking Manuka honey and this came up
interesting ..
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

starting to have an acne break out......ughhhh I never have acne! But I'm gonna keep going with this coconut oil!
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

This is really helping thin down my mucus and keep down my reflux!! If anyone has reflux problems I would give this a try!
deebo

Post by deebo »

Susie wrote:starting to have an acne break out......ughhhh I never have acne! But I'm gonna keep going with this coconut oil!
are you using it on your skin topically ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic