Your Email Address:

First Name:

How do you have Lunch??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
focused

How do you have Lunch??

Post by focused »

Having breakfast and dinner is pretty easy. I Have it at home. But the most challenging part of my day is to have Lunch :oops: . What do you do??

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Don't eat or drink anything that contains sugar. And if you can't brush your teeth after lunch, rinse with plain water to get rid of any food particles.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
CNS

Post by CNS »

I was thinking about it too. If I brush my teeth and scrap my tongue after eating, I'll feel that my breath is ok, but that becomes a problem when you're outside and unable to brush your teeth. For me, my problem is more of the taste from the tongue, so sometimes I hide inside a toilet cubicle and scrap my tongue then wrap the tongue scrapper with tissue and then quickly wash it by the sink when no one else is around :oops: I find that rinsing your mouth with salt water also helps, so maybe stand by a bottle of salt water for that purpose?

Actually for those of you who are working, is it common to brush your teeth after lunch, in the office toilet? I think for the customer service line it is more common, but very rarely do I see other colleagues brushing their teeth after lunch, so I was wondering if other people will view those who brush their teeth after lunch as "weird"?
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

For me brushing & flossing do nothing, when I have bb if I brush & floss 10 times , bb is still there and sometimes it becomes even worse because of dryness caused by brushing.
And when I don't have bb, even if I wash my mouth with simple water my b is OK...So I am 100% sure that the cause is not in the mouth.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

CNS wrote:
Actually for those of you who are working, is it common to brush your teeth after lunch, in the office toilet? I think for the customer service line it is more common, but very rarely do I see other colleagues brushing their teeth after lunch, so I was wondering if other people will view those who brush their teeth after lunch as "weird"?
Some of the people that are more "obsessed" about your bad breath mat start brushing their teeth after lunch in the workplace. Weird folks who worry more about my BB than me, and somehow think that they are getting it. I've seen it many times.

Anyway, brushing after eating does nothing for me as well. If it were as easy as rinsing the BB away with some minty paste, or covering it up to a comfort level, this site... would not exist.

This isn't to say that brushing gives YOU a better (false) perception of your odor. When you can cover the taste/sensation of your own odor, you may tend to think it's better than it is. If that makes ya feel better, go for it. Try talking to someone afterwards if you want the reality.
CNS

Post by CNS »

elliott wrote: Some of the people that are more "obsessed" about your bad breath mat start brushing their teeth after lunch in the workplace. Weird folks who worry more about my BB than me, and somehow think that they are getting it. I've seen it many times.

Anyway, brushing after eating does nothing for me as well. If it were as easy as rinsing the BB away with some minty paste, or covering it up to a comfort level, this site... would not exist.

This isn't to say that brushing gives YOU a better (false) perception of your odor. When you can cover the taste/sensation of your own odor, you may tend to think it's better than it is. If that makes ya feel better, go for it. Try talking to someone afterwards if you want the reality.
Brushing usually helps in making me feel that my breath is much fresher, because for me the taste of food seems to linger in my mouth after eating. I know for most of you it doesn't help but in my case I really do feel a lot more confident after brushing, but only thing I'm worried about is colleagues who see you brushing your teeth might give weird looks because most people don't brush their teeth outside of home.
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

I have seen co-workers brushing their teeth after eating and yes it does seem weird (honestly.) I buy mini disposable toothbrushes and use them in the bathroom stall. It's sad.
SonicBoy

Post by SonicBoy »

faithful1 wrote:I have seen co-workers brushing their teeth after eating and yes it does seem weird (honestly.) I buy mini disposable toothbrushes and use them in the bathroom stall. It's sad.

Same
CNS

Post by CNS »

faithful1 wrote:I have seen co-workers brushing their teeth after eating and yes it does seem weird (honestly.) I buy mini disposable toothbrushes and use them in the bathroom stall. It's sad.
Sorry I'm not too familiar with the term bathroom stall. Is it the same as a normal toilet cubicle? Or is it more like those handicap toilets that has the toilet bowl + sink inside?

Sometimes I try to brush really quickly by the sink then get out of the toilet before more people come in, but the toughest part is tongue scrapping because honestly I think it's disgusting to do it in front of others so I have to hang around until no one's around then do it :| If more colleagues were to brush their teeth after lunch, I wouldn't feel so ashamed though.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I knew a young fellow at work who brushed his teeth every day after lunch. He was never embarassed, and I didn't see anything weird about it. I saw him all the time in the men's room because he finished his lunch about the same time I did. I used to just rinse my teeth, but I didn't think brushing at work was strange at all. It's just that most people don't do it.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i brush my teeth in public all the time and don't care what people think. i have seen others do it (though rare). just do what you need to do. at least you are practicing good hygiene.. if people think they are weird, so be it.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

People do it.. It's not weird. You just FEEL weird, because you're the one with BB, and you're really self concious about it.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

i'm in a country where it's normal for employees to brush after lunch. heck some might even tease you if they notice that you don't brush right after.

anyway, i rarely go out with my colleagues to have lunch (of course). i also mkae sure that almost everyone are out so there's no chance of them enganging me in a chit-chat in the elevator. sad
my3rdmolars
Junior

Post by my3rdmolars »

dick.karma wrote:anyway, i rarely go out with my colleagues to have lunch (of course). i also mkae sure that almost everyone are out so there's no chance of them enganging me in a chit-chat in the elevator. sad
me too. :(
TM: 0906-6778910
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@my3rdmolars
kabayan, how are you and what are you currently taking or next steps?

i might try 5-htp and that alove vera crap lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic