Your Email Address:

First Name:

ASKING TO HELP YOU AGAIN..Ok? or not?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

2nd post

I recently looked up a disorder called achalasia which affects the ability of the esophagus to move food toward the stomach it is because a certain valve does not relax and contract as normal. In this disorder botox injections are one of the treatments used because it relaxes the valves muscle.

In saying this I came up with the theory as to how serontonin may work for bb. It may be relaxing the ileocecal valve causing it to close. I'm not saying go out and get presciptions for serontonin rx's because as u can tell from my post i prefer all natural and homeopathic avenues. But serontonin supplements are something im looking into trying such as 5htp (trying to be proactive). Just a theory..... :idea:

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Does anyone else have trouble with having to pee often?

I drink lots of water, but when I have to pee, I feel like I'm going to piss my pants if I can't get to a toilet in time!

Lately it's felt really bad, but that might be because I've been doing exercises to strengthen that muscle. I'll be fine, but as soon as I feel the urge, I dance around like a maniac, and have to get to a toilet.. Sometimes I can get the feeling to pass for a few minutes, but it's like once I get the feeling, there's no stopping it. I can't seem to control it.

I wonder if this could be related to an ileocecal valve condition, at least as far as not having the right nerve reaction to maintain involuntary effectiveness, as you were talking about along with the serotonin idea.

I think I'll take some serotonin anyway, give it a shot.

So seanlee says the liquid form is more effective?
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

mike

why don't u try taking cranberry supplements like Azo or drinking lots of cranberry juice? I do have urinary issues but cranberry works well with the urinary system for women I find that natural unsweetend yogurt helps when its due to vaginal infections I got these tips from my gyno awhile back. works great!
Also, do u plan on taking prescribed or natural liquid serotonin?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Well I really have no access to prescribed serotonin... Fat chance I'll be able to lie to a doc like Ahmad did to get his... Not only can I not get myself to lie to a doctor, I'm somewhat concerned on the safety of taking antidepressants. I don't want to get man boobs or have permanent sexual dysfunction...

If it's true serotonin supplements work as well, even just a bit, it's where I should start.

Now I'm just going to have to find a place that'll ship them into Japan.

Can anyone recommend a good product? Seanlee, what do you know about the liquid form that makes it better than others, and which serotonin product comes in liquid form?

Anyone else ever try it?

I could use a mood boost anyway, so it'd be good for me.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I tried the liquid extract supplements at first and I noticed a big improvement but it's about $7 for a small amount. It comes in little bottles with a dropper. So, I tried a few different kinds of serotonin supplement that comes in pill form. They were ineffective. I even tried 5htp pills, but that doesn't help. Now, I'm back to liquid extract and it seems like it's not working as effective as when I first took the liquid extract.

That valve theory makes sense to me. We all know stress, anxiety and mood can cause physical reactions. More stressed I am, the worst my breath gets. When I'm at work or in tense situations, my breath gets really bad.
CNS

Post by CNS »

mike987 wrote:Does anyone else have trouble with having to pee often?

I drink lots of water, but when I have to pee, I feel like I'm going to piss my pants if I can't get to a toilet in time!

Lately it's felt really bad, but that might be because I've been doing exercises to strengthen that muscle. I'll be fine, but as soon as I feel the urge, I dance around like a maniac, and have to get to a toilet.. Sometimes I can get the feeling to pass for a few minutes, but it's like once I get the feeling, there's no stopping it. I can't seem to control it.

I wonder if this could be related to an ileocecal valve condition, at least as far as not having the right nerve reaction to maintain involuntary effectiveness, as you were talking about along with the serotonin idea.

I think I'll take some serotonin anyway, give it a shot.

So seanlee says the liquid form is more effective?
I understand how you feel because I have this problem too :shock: It only happens when I've drunk lots of water and then when the urge to pee comes, it's like you said, I'll have to go to the toilet or else it gets really unbearable like I might just pee in my pants anytime. Sometimes right after peeing, like 15mins later I might have to go again.

This started a few years ago when one day I just had this sudden urgent need to pee (it really shocked me at that time because normally it's possible to hold on for quite some time), and this urge kept coming back regardless of whether I drank little or a lot of water. I eventually went to see a doc and while he didn't know what's the exact problem, I think he gave me some medicine for UTI even though I don't think it's UTI because there isn't any pain or blood when peeing. As time went on I got better but till this day i don't think I'm fully cured but I try to control the amount of water I drink (if at home, I'll drink as much as I like but if I'm outside, I only drink small sips of water).

On a side note, I feel weird typing this here since it's a BB forum, haha.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hali_grl, I just want to say that if the post you are referring to that got deleted was the one about how the serotonin meds might affect the ileo-cecal valve, that it's a shame it got deleted because I thought it made perfect sense and it was a good theory.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

yes thats the one im talking about..... i reposted it.....i wouldn't say try meds unless thats what someone prefers......i would prefer the supplements personally.
Renato
Junior

IVS-SIBO

Post by Renato »

halitosisux wrote:Hi Renato, did you ever take the supplements and if so did they eventually help your situation?

Before been prescribed with the serotonin supplement, Dr. did not tell me exactly how it supposed to work, so I just tried it for one day since it was so drowsy.

But now, Im making sure my SIBO is because the IVS, so I will get an colonoscopy en the next few weeks and perhaps a colon enema, which will show accurately the pass of materials from large to small intestine and dysfunction of the IV.

Then, once diagnosed with IVS, I will take whatever can fix it.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

Serotonin level in the cells of the gut regulates motility. I.e. low serotonin will cause a "slow" gut and probably some constipation. I know I and others here suffer from this. The ICV may also be affected but the gut alone being slowed down would certainly cause issues that may lead to BB. Bowel obstructions are a known cause of BB. In such cases, Renato's barium enema and/or colonoscopy is still the way to go.
They are next on my GI doc's list for me after my gastroscopy (looking for reflux or diverticulum).
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I wonder if this is why so many people try things and get improvements? Like the placebo effect which always seems to improve the breath for a while no matter what gets tried, but always wears off. Could it be that such placebo effects are the result of serotonin levels which increase temporarily as a result of optimism and reduced stress etc which then acts on the gut giving a temporary reprieve of bad breath? When the digestive system is working as it should, it will also improve many factors associated with BB, such as the immune system.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

that is interesting sux. when you guys get your results pls keep us updated. Thanks!
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

sux, i like your theory, but wouldn't that increased serotonin just continue once we feel that those around us no longer notice a smell? So the breath would get even better?
I guess it's possible that after a while though, we may eat something that slows the gut down again by itself... thus returning the smell and the serotonin lowers again. :-k
I'm not sure if there's anything to the serotonin theory, but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. I will certainly mention it to my GI doc and ask as much as I can about serotonin's role in the gut.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It might be that serotonin levels get boosted during these placebo events. The situation would not sustain itself because the underlying reason for the low levels would still be there and things will gradually revert back to their previous state.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Ahmed, you going to help me out? I sent you an email.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic