Your Email Address:

First Name:

I could smell my BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Renato
Junior

I could smell my BB

Post by Renato »

Interestingly, I can smell the bad breath coming from my nose when in a room with more people or when I smell the normal breath of other person who talks close to my face. I just breath normally without opening my mouth and still smell that odor. Initially I believed it was that person or somebody in the room, then I was close to somebody else and smell it again, and same thing with everybody, so I knew it was my nose odor. I specially can smell my nasal odor when I smell the normal body odor of others or a leather bag or somebody's sweat, but not when smelling my family's odor.

This odor is repugnant (my nasal odor), as putrefactive mucus, some times comes in waves depending of the odor I smell. When in my house, I can not smell anything or when I talk to my family or when they talk to me (they also can not smell my BB, but the outside world can smell my BB), somehow we get used to our odors.

Has somebody have experienced this before?.

I took metronidazol, which got rid of my tongue coat and I think 50% of the BB coming from my mouth, but I can still smell the bad odor coming from my nose when
in room with other people. Now I know that this repugnant odor is with me all the time no matter what, since I always have reactions without opening my mouse.

Neti pot washes do not work, but I just recently saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAD_qA-rQNY

It claims to get rid of infected mucus which other techniques do not do it.

Before trying it myself, I would like to ask if somebody has tried it.

Please somebody let me know if you are able to smell your nasal odor when in a crowded room or if you have tried the above technique.

Thanks.

perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

I have been in large rooms and have indeed smelled bad breath on some instances, but I wasn't always sure if it was me or someone else.

For example:

A person(or people) would be close by and be talking straight at me, I can smell something unpleasant at times but only when they are talking directly at me, or someone is breathing directly towards me. I try not to get paranoid, and maintain my cool. Believing that the smell is coming from me only accelerates my paranoia/depression.

I am absolutely fed up with this issue. It's ridiculous that modern medicine, doctors, and research can't tackle the issue of halitosis/bad breath.

***k this.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

Renato, your story is identical to mine... except it has progressed beyond this now to even work mates wanting to avoid contact...

i was in a lift with 2 people for about 10 secs and they walked off. i was behind them and I could hear them say, that guy smelt really bad...

life sux
Renato
Junior

Post by Renato »

Last week I took metronidazol and oxitetracyclin beacuse I went to a meeting. Although my mouth was so fresh and no stinky saliva and no tongue coat, my BB was not reduced 100%. Shockingly I notice the BB from my nose for the first time ( I suspected long time about it since people reactions without opening my mouth) when interacting with new people and new odors. As I described before I noticed my BB from nose when standing next to people or inside old rooms, not in my home.

No Im trying to wash-rinse my sinuses with saline and bicarbonate but not using the netipot, instead Im putting the solution in a bowel and aspirating the solution (300ml) in each nostril while closing the other one with my finger and opening my mouth. This is better recommended to clean the nostrils and sinuses deeper then just passing the solution with syringe or bottle.

I noticed a little improvement just because mucus in throat is reduced.

I will keep this routine for a month, twice per day and see if this BB is from sinuses. If not major improvement is seen, than I will look for
cheeking my lungs closely.

I was diagnosed SIBO, which also cause a lot of mucus production because the gases produced., but just because I killed all bacteria in gut during the antibiotic treatment and noticed this BB from nose during the treatment, I do not believe this BB from nose came from blood-lungs, since not too much bad gases in gut were generated during this antibiotic treatment.

Main issue, is to solve this BB from nose which I certainly know now it exist in me.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Renato good luck. I hope you eventually discover what causes your SIBO and find a way to deal with that and that your nightmare will be finally over.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Let us know how the new nasal irrigation goes.. I'm interested in your method and would like you to clarify the process and what all you use for it, when you get the time.

I take allergy medicine twice a day AND use a nasal steroid spray.. I still wake up every day with a nasty taste in my throat and some mucus, occasionally it's tinted yellow . It's like the longer clear mucus stays in my throat, the more likely it will become lightly yellow/green.

There was a period of time a month or so ago when I was waking up without that PND, and my tongue was very clear, even in the morning.. I wonder if changing my protein shake from Whey to Soy would help with PND...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic