Your Email Address:

First Name:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bbc

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Post by Bbc »

Hi, I have deliberately used upper case letters to draw your attention to what may be the cure that many of you would have been looking for over the years. If it upsets anyone, please accept my apologies.

I had posted earlier under "the answer to your problem!!!" and I would strongly encourage you to read that thread, in conjunction with the article linked below. I have been cured with Zantac, which is not a PPI, but works towards the same end, ie controlling excess acid flow to unwanted areas. The article connects all the dots and I am convinced that it will help a large number of forum members. Do let me know.

http://www.grandtimes.com/GERD.html[/b]

dolittle

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Post by dolittle »

Bbc wrote:Hi, I have deliberately used upper case letters to draw your attention to what may be the cure that many of you would have been looking for over the years. If it upsets anyone, please accept my apologies.

I had posted earlier under "the answer to your problem!!!" and I would strongly encourage you to read that thread, in conjunction with the article linked below. I have been cured with Zantac, which is not a PPI, but works towards the same end, ie controlling excess acid flow to unwanted areas. The article connects all the dots and I am convinced that it will help a large number of forum members. Do let me know.

alternatively it could help less than 1% of people, if the cases on this forum are representitive of the general population (probably a sightly higher prevalence of rarer cause)

I think we need to be careful before promising people a cure by taking a drug that they may not need. Just because it has worked for you doesn't mean that it will for others. Please read my response to your orignial post
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

^ I understand your concern, but I don't think you fully understand the extents many will go to in order to solve this. I welcome any and ALL theories/ideas/solutions as long as they seem rational, and have seemed to work for others.

If many of the symptoms fit the bill, why not give it a shot? What do we have to lose?

It seems as if the side effects are minimal (that's if they are noticeable at all!).

I support people coming on here and posting their success stories, for it may work for others. It's up to others to decide whether or not they shall follow the same course. This seems quite rational, so I don't see why not.

I remember a couple years back there was some idiot telling people to wash their mouths with dove soap. ](*,)
dolittle

Post by dolittle »

pervy19 wrote:^ I understand your concern, but I don't think you fully understand the extents many will go to in order to solve this. I welcome any and ALL theories/ideas/solutions as long as they seem rational, and have seemed to work for others.

If many of the symptoms fit the bill, why not give it a shot? What do we have to lose?

It seems as if the side effects are minimal (that's if they are noticeable at all!).

I support people coming on here and posting their success stories, for it may work for others. It's up to others to decide whether or not they shall follow the same course. This seems quite rational, so I don't see why not.

I remember a couple years back there was some idiot telling people to wash their mouths with dove soap. ](*,)
It is logical that if something has worked for one person, and they had similar symptom profile, then it may work for a different person

However, it would be more logical to rule out each cause in the order that they have been shown to account for halitosis cases, i.e.

intraoral cause 87%
ENT cause 8%
cause elsewhere, including unknown cause 5%

In this manner, the more common causes can be ruled out in turn (or more likely, one of the common causes will be identified) This is a more efficient method of getting to a diagnosis and appropriate treatment, and it takes less time than randomly attempting causes and waiting to see if there are any results. This is treating disease blindly (empirical therapy).

I want to post something that will help people get to their diagnosis in a systematic fashion

Anyway, I really do hope this method works for anyone who decides to try it, despite how unlikely I feel that scenario might be for the majority of cases. Like I said to the original poster, you just might be one of those rare cases...

Take care
mike987
Super Angel

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Post by mike987 »

Bbc wrote:Hi, I have deliberately used upper case letters to draw your attention to what may be the cure that many of you would have been looking for over the years. If it upsets anyone, please accept my apologies.

I read the article, and I definitely am a victim to many of the symptoms.
I've also considered it in the past... but it could also be that I don't have enough stomach acid, as considered in other threads.

Regardless, I have nothing to lose for trying the product. I've already ordered some at your previous suggestion.

Often I wake up with stomach aches, and within moments of standing, I usually have to get to the toilet to evacuate loose stool. I also have almost continuous sinus infections (it's actually fairly clear right now, after about 3 weeks of colored mucus), allergies, single 'hiccups' and the feeling that I can't keep a burp down or something. Surely my issue is digestive related, no? I've been in circles so many times .. I'm looking forward to trying this, and all the other meds I've ordered recently.
username123
Total Newbie

Post by username123 »

I bought zantac 150mg, i take one in the morning and one before bed.

been three days and, dont know if iam imagining this but my saliva feels watery apposed to slimy.
my teeth arent as slippery when i touch them with my tounge (might be from dry mouth) but dont think so. my breath is still bad.

even if this doesent work, thanks to bbc for trying to help others.
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

Thanks Bbc! I read the article and it was very interesting. I truly believe I have GERDS and I will try the Zantac to treat it. I have most of the symptoms, but guess what so does my Dad and my daughter. It says it runs in families, and my daughter had a barium swallow at 6 mos, and it came back up her esophagus immediately! I am the only with bad breath and have a strong feeling this will work. I will start on them today. I will keep you posted! I know you said it took 3 weeks to notice that your bad breath was resolved, but how soon did you notice it improving? If I don't get my bad breath resolved with Zantac at least I resolve alot of the GERD symptoms! I did read though that it is a lifetime treatment. It will resume if you stop the Zantac! So invest in this drug! LOL Thanks again for all your input!
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

I definitely think acid problems can definitely be a cause for bad breath but my problem is too little acid. I would just make sure that before taking acid blockers that you actually have a problem with too much acid because the symptoms of too much or too low can mimic each other and it can be hard to determine. Intially i thought my acid was too high and was considering antacids but im so glad i didnt because my problem wouldve been way worse. I figured my problem by taking hcl and no matter how much i took my stomach didn't "burn".
Bbc

Post by Bbc »

Hello again!

Can I request that anyone wishing to continue with the Zantac solution shift over to my other thread "the answer to your problem!!!"? It would make sense to consolidate he topic so that everyone can benefit. To all those on this thread, I'll respond to your current queries on the other thread, and we can take it on from there.

Cheers!
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

hali_grl wrote:I definitely think acid problems can definitely be a cause for bad breath but my problem is too little acid. I would just make sure that before taking acid blockers that you actually have a problem with too much acid because the symptoms of too much or too low can mimic each other and it can be hard to determine. Intially i thought my acid was too high and was considering antacids but im so glad i didnt because my problem wouldve been way worse. I figured my problem by taking hcl and no matter how much i took my stomach didn't "burn".
hali_grl,
I have been busy getting various tests with a GI doctor, and despite having never felt any "burn" myself, I do in fact have GERD, and a gastric ulcer! Clearly, not everyone feels the acid, but it doesn;t mean you don't have GERD. Mine showed up a little on a barium swallow, but then I had a gastroscopy which found the ulcer. Get checked too!
I am now on a PPI called Pariet (rabeprazole) and will be reviewed after 12 weeks. It doesn't seem to have done much for my breath so far but I've only been on it about 3 weeks.

BBc,
Thanks for sharing. I will certainly ask my GI doctor about trying out Zantac (after the Pariet course) for the breath. It's quite possible that Zantac fixed your breath by it's antihistamine action (stopping over-secretion of mucous which may stagnate in the throat) and not merely by acting against GERD. So even if my ulcer is fixed by a PPI drug, I may need to try a Histamine H2 receptor antagonist (like Zantac) to see the results you did.
Also, I think it's taken as read that most people on here know that bad breath is usually caused by not brushing properly etc. But they are here because they have tried all the normal routes of action. And you never promised that this would cure anyone, just that it was worth trying. :roll:
We thank you for that! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic