Your Email Address:

First Name:

Let's vent.... what's ur story today?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
glamourgirl05
Junior

Let's vent.... what's ur story today?

Post by glamourgirl05 »

So today I got ready brushed my teeth extra good and decided what the hec its saturday and I want to do something, I went out shopping for an outfit to maybe have more confidence since I'm low right now, so as I'm leaving I check the mail, as I get off their is a woman standing there with her daughter, I didn't say a word to them, as im getting back in the car I hear her tell her daughter something making a face and checking her shoe, maybe they stepped on dogged pooped? Nope it was me! Soo many moments I had @ the store, the lady behind me at the register, says it smells like crap! Soo humiliating! Lord help us all!

coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

Ugh, I have to do an oral presentation in front of the class Wednesday. The class is so full. There are like 45 people in this class, and there's this podium in front and it's so close to the front row. I'd say it's about a foot and a half (18 inches) away from the front row. I know for sure I will wipe out the entire front row with my breath. I'm so nervous that everyone will smell my breath. Last Wednesday there was a class discussion talking about bad breath. Everyone was just stitting there talking about their encounters with people who had bad breath. I was so uncomfortable. Even my teacher joined in on the discussion. It lasted for a good 15 minutes, but it seemed like forever. The thing is that no one in that class knows I have bad breath, because I NEVER talk. I sit in the back and observe. Imagine how embarassing it's gonna be when they find out that I'm the "stinky breath person" in the class. All I can do is pray and brush my teeth like I've never brushed before. I'm gonna load up on gum that day.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

A class discussion about bad breath encounters? What? And now this?This does not sound like it will end well.

You could come into the class extra early and adjust the seats back 6 inches or so. Pull the podium further back too, fora combined 1 foot or so.

I do this kind of stuff before I teach my classes. can't believe that sometimes the desks of the front row are literally touching the teacher's desk before I make my adjustments. Haha.. yeah right! How does anyone get away with that? I think, how can a human being talk that close to someone and not bother them?? And I'm reminded I'm not like them.

Coconut head, I've taught a class before, then the student ran outside to her mom and said 'stinky!' ... Drives me crazy, because I pretty much can't smell a god damn thing. Makes you feel insane.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

ICocunuthead good luck on ur presentation this monday, at least you haven't givem up on going to college, that's one of my fears..
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

mike987 wrote:A class discussion about bad breath encounters? What? And now this?This does not sound like it will end well.

You could come into the class extra early and adjust the seats back 6 inches or so. Pull the podium further back too, fora combined 1 foot or so.

I do this kind of stuff before I teach my classes. can't believe that sometimes the desks of the front row are literally touching the teacher's desk before I make my adjustments. Haha.. yeah right! How does anyone get away with that? I think, how can a human being talk that close to someone and not bother them?? And I'm reminded I'm not like them.

Coconut head, I've taught a class before, then the student ran outside to her mom and said 'stinky!' ... Drives me crazy, because I pretty much can't smell a god damn thing. Makes you feel insane.

Yes, it's a psychology class. You can imagine how uncomfortable it was. They were first talking about domestic violence and for some reason they went from that to bad breath. WTH? I wish I could push the desk and podium back, but there's always a couple of people in class before I am. How weird would that look? This class is right after my Calculus class. I get out of Calculus at 9:50 and the psychology class starts at 10. I have to walk 5 minutes to the other building to get to class. AAAAHH I'm going crazy. This has been on my mind all weekend. I'll just have to tough it out, and just hope no one smells a thing.

By the way, I love your personailty. I'm not sure if you're like that in person or just on here, but you make me laugh.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

You can wake up early, go there before anyone shows up, fix the classroom then move to your calculus class.

You still have 2 days. I try to eat mostly green vegetables and drink lots of water a few days prior to such big events, it helps a lot. Also bring water with you, take a sip every time you feel your mouth is dry. Good luck mate. You can make it :)
john_bb
Advanced

One shot solution to BB

Post by john_bb »

I have exactly the same prob.. adding to that I am a Teaching Assistant (hahaaha)... for a class of 45 undergrad students...

I use this ...
http://www.amazon.com/Masklean-Sanitary ... B00405GVJ0

Initially ppl were curious why I use this...but later on their curiosity levels came down. I am trying to forget about my BB using it...
Just like many people use spectacles to see properly, I use this to speak properly....

What do you guys think??
mike987
Super Angel

Re: One shot solution to BB

Post by mike987 »

john_bb wrote:I have exactly the same prob.. adding to that I am a Teaching Assistant (hahaaha)... for a class of 45 undergrad students...

I use this ...

Initially ppl were curious why I use this...but later on their curiosity levels came down. I am trying to forget about my BB using it...
Just like many people use spectacles to see properly, I use this to speak properly....

What do you guys think??
Oh my god, you actually went through with it!
I don't think I could handle it... It's dehumanizing...

Although I can certainly see why you would use it, and it's certainly justifiable, in the same way that someone with broken legs uses crutches, or someone who can't hear uses a hearing aid, or the reason babies wear diapers.

coconuthead, you should definitely try to get in there and adjust the seats..
If not, it seriously might be a good idea to speak (or email) the professor about it, being perfectly honest about your problem.... Certainly no one would want to put you through what sounds to be an embarrassing moment of a lifetime.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I was getting ready to enter the trains Saturday, these 2 girls stopped me to ask for some direction because the trains were running a weekend maintenance schedule. As soon as I opened my mouth they both froze, with these ghastly looks of disgust on their faces, I went ahead to try and help them anyway, their eyes lit up, and they turned to ask someone else after I spoke as if I was lying to them.

I understand they they were in shock but I did want to take my hand and slap them both in one good swipe.

This was after I has sworn I was on one of my good days.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Elliot I know what you mean but really who can blame them for their reactions, I guess its only human, and about "having a good day" it hurts to think and feel coinfident about having a good bb day and them have it all blown away from someones reaction...
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

mike987 wrote:
If not, it seriously might be a good idea to speak (or email) the professor about it, being perfectly honest about your problem.... Certainly no one would want to put you through what sounds to be an embarrassing moment of a lifetime.
At my last job, which I incidentally lost because they couldn't take it anymore... I had noticed that my co workers were going absolutely crazy, putting up barriers, and holding their hair over their noses everytime I even considered getting up.

I decided to tell my boss in private that if I were a problem, just let me know, and I would quit, and I did not want to offend anyone with my problem. Essentially I wanted to let her know that I was aware of my problem, and they it was health related, not hygienic. She proceeded to tell me that I was paranoid and crazy, and no one thought anything bad of me, she did not notice anything, all the time pinching her nose and backing her chair up.

That evening, she had everyone stay late, while telling me to leave early, apparently to discuss this with the co workers. The next day, they all treated me like an animal.

At the end of the day it all ended up in my boss making it appear that I was not doing my job well, blaming me for everything, anything she could do to get me out of there. So instead of being honest with me during our discussion, she railroaded me, in a way to avoid having to ever have this awkward discussion with me ever again. It worked, she ended up successfully having the entire company believe I was a failure and incompetent worker, and they were able to come up with a reason to get rid of me.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Elliot,

This is an absolute horror story. In all of my working life I have never experienced anything as bad. This woman was the lowest of the low! At least she could have been honest and talked to you like a normal person. I usually don't wish anything bad upon people, but I hope she gets hers.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

The story ended well, potentially. A day after fighting in court to avoid an eviction scheduled for the 17th, I suddenly rcv'd 2 job offers, one the pays better than that ridiculous place. The last few weeks have been the most traumatizing, as I had begun packing bags of the last belongings I would need, not knowing where I'd end up.

I don't believe I'll be sitting right next to 4 people in a small office, it's a one seat position. Just have to hope that be in a situation where I'm not perceived offensive to others and have a chance to do a good job and hopefully get my life back.

I did a great job at that place, while they were struggling to keep the company afloat, so it is her lost, so in a sense. The company will not last. I win. She will be getting hers.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

elliott wrote:
mike987 wrote:
At my last job, which I incidentally lost because they couldn't take it anymore... I had noticed that my co workers were going absolutely crazy, putting up barriers, and holding their hair over their noses everytime I even considered getting up.

I decided to tell my boss in private that if I were a problem, just let me know, and I would quit, and I did not want to offend anyone with my problem. Essentially I wanted to let her know that I was aware of my problem, and they it was health related, not hygienic. She proceeded to tell me that I was paranoid and crazy, and no one thought anything bad of me, she did not notice anything, all the time pinching her nose and backing her chair up.

That evening, she had everyone stay late, while telling me to leave early, apparently to discuss this with the co workers. The next day, they all treated me like an animal.

At the end of the day it all ended up in my boss making it appear that I was not doing my job well, blaming me for everything, anything she could do to get me out of there. So instead of being honest with me during our discussion, she railroaded me, in a way to avoid having to ever have this awkward discussion with me ever again. It worked, she ended up successfully having the entire company believe I was a failure and incompetent worker, and they were able to come up with a reason to get rid of me.
You're living a nightmare.. I hope your BB infected them and that they have to deal with it themselves, so they can experience all the horrors you go through daily.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

mike987 wrote:
john_bb wrote:I have exactly the same prob.. adding to that I am a Teaching Assistant (hahaaha)... for a class of 45 undergrad students...

I use this ...

What do you guys think??
Oh my god, you actually went through with it!
I don't think I could handle it... It's dehumanizing...

Although I can certainly see why you would use it, and it's certainly justifiable, in the same way that someone with broken legs uses crutches, or someone who can't hear uses a hearing aid, or the reason babies wear diapers.

coconuthead, you should definitely try to get in there and adjust the seats..
Thanks Mike, but after reading Elliot's response I'm afraid my teacher will think I'm lying and saying anything just to get out of doing the presentation. OMG it's tommorrow too. The closer it comes the more nervous I get. I'll just have to toughen it out. I'm gonna seriously brush my teeth, and gargle with peroxide like no other.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic