Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone tried this.......

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Libby

Has anyone tried this.......

Post by Libby »

Hi All

I remember reading this on an internet thread some time ago and saved it to my desktop, however as yet i've not got around to trying it. Just wondered if anyone else had......

Okay I may have written on this subject before but I am going to give you all some real practical help that your possibly not going to get from your dentist but you'll see it will make commonsense and it should really help if not clear the bad breath completely as it did with mine. Bad breath of course is due to over growth bacteria, right and chances are you maybe suffering from teeth bleeding during brushing.

Well we know that the back of the tongue accumulates a lot of bacteria. So now follow me on what we can do to save money and embarrassment and possibly your teeth. You'll need an egg timer. A tongue scrapper. Orabrush as well, manual toothbrush and a good electric toothbrush. floss tape,interdental sticks The most important thing is an oral irrigator plus either second and third generation mouthwashes. Also two mouth guards you can buy from any sports shop I'll explain shortly Now egg timer you need to keep track on how long you spend following what I am about to suggest to you.

Steps are as follows set you timer for 12 minutes 2 minutes to clean manually, 1 minute to floss 1 minute tongue scrape and orabrush 1 minute electric toothbrush 1 minute with interdental stick 1 minute manual tothbrush. Fill tank of oral irrigator with warm water flush out any remaining food particles out from beneeth gum line it should take half tank of water with the other half place some chlohexidine change the head of waterjet to get into any pockets in your gums. Why that sounds extreme I here you say bacteria enjoy thriving in these areas They love to eat bits of food which toothbrushing will miss. So they eat and defecate in your mouth and they encourage more bacteria to come join the party.Lastly how do we keep them out The mouth guard if you mix 2:1 salt and bicarbondated soda with water into a thick paste and ensuring you make the mouth guard tight for your upper and lower teeth spread this mixture in the guards and sit with them for 8 - 10 minutes then remove you'll feel you gums tighten and appear white don't be alarmed they'll return to much healthy colour not too long after removing this mixture. just know that when your gums become inflamend they swell and pull away from your teeth allowing these harmful bacteria in, hence why conventional cleaning and mouthwash will never be enough to get on top of bad breath. You need to kill the bacteria above and below the gum line and the entire mouth region, hence why it is so time consuming.

I hope this makes commonsense to anyone reading. So if you can't measure how do we know if it's working, hence egg timer. also spit on clean bit of cloth and smell when wet and after hour smell it again each time giving it a smell rating out of 10. Do this once a week. You'll notice as you get the bacteria well under control you won't be able to smell it and the same will be true of anyone smelling your breath.This may take a few weeks but I feel sure it will eventually work. Remember its the bacteria and their need to eat and live in all our mouths that causes the vast majority of bad breath.

Tangonegro
Re: Has anyone tried this.......

Post by Tangonegro »

Libby wrote:Hi All

I remember reading this on an internet thread some time ago and saved it to my desktop, however as yet i've not got around to trying it. Just wondered if anyone else had......

Okay I may have written on this subject before but I am going to give you all some real practical help that your possibly not going to get from your dentist but you'll see it will make commonsense and it should really help if not clear the bad breath completely as it did with mine. Bad breath of course is due to over growth bacteria, right and chances are you maybe suffering from teeth bleeding during brushing.

Well we know that the back of the tongue accumulates a lot of bacteria. So now follow me on what we can do to save money and embarrassment and possibly your teeth. You'll need an egg timer. A tongue scrapper. Orabrush as well, manual toothbrush and a good electric toothbrush. floss tape,interdental sticks The most important thing is an oral irrigator plus either second and third generation mouthwashes. Also two mouth guards you can buy from any sports shop I'll explain shortly Now egg timer you need to keep track on how long you spend following what I am about to suggest to you.

Steps are as follows set you timer for 12 minutes 2 minutes to clean manually, 1 minute to floss 1 minute tongue scrape and orabrush 1 minute electric toothbrush 1 minute with interdental stick 1 minute manual tothbrush. Fill tank of oral irrigator with warm water flush out any remaining food particles out from beneeth gum line it should take half tank of water with the other half place some chlohexidine change the head of waterjet to get into any pockets in your gums. Why that sounds extreme I here you say bacteria enjoy thriving in these areas They love to eat bits of food which toothbrushing will miss. So they eat and defecate in your mouth and they encourage more bacteria to come join the party.Lastly how do we keep them out The mouth guard if you mix 2:1 salt and bicarbondated soda with water into a thick paste and ensuring you make the mouth guard tight for your upper and lower teeth spread this mixture in the guards and sit with them for 8 - 10 minutes then remove you'll feel you gums tighten and appear white don't be alarmed they'll return to much healthy colour not too long after removing this mixture. just know that when your gums become inflamend they swell and pull away from your teeth allowing these harmful bacteria in, hence why conventional cleaning and mouthwash will never be enough to get on top of bad breath. You need to kill the bacteria above and below the gum line and the entire mouth region, hence why it is so time consuming.

I hope this makes commonsense to anyone reading. So if you can't measure how do we know if it's working, hence egg timer. also spit on clean bit of cloth and smell when wet and after hour smell it again each time giving it a smell rating out of 10. Do this once a week. You'll notice as you get the bacteria well under control you won't be able to smell it and the same will be true of anyone smelling your breath.This may take a few weeks but I feel sure it will eventually work. Remember its the bacteria and their need to eat and live in all our mouths that causes the vast majority of bad breath.
Yeah, another stupid "teacher". :evil: :evil:
Libby

Post by Libby »

lol I guess that's a no then?

I still think it's worth a shot :?
Tangonegro
Post by Tangonegro »

Libby wrote:lol I guess that's a no then?

Do you really think we never tried what you're describing ?
This is the minimum we are doing for years now.
Sorry for my over reaction, and thanks for advising. :)
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Tangonegro wrote:
Libby wrote:lol I guess that's a no then?

Do you really think we never tried what you're describing ?
This is the minimum we are doing for years now.
Sorry for my over reaction, and thanks for advising. :)
I don't know about you, but I've never used a mouth guard in my cleaning procedures..

I think Tangonegro's reaction is due to use already obsessing so much over brushing, flossing, tongue cleaning, rinsing, etc.. If we did it to the third extreme like this, would that then be enough to save us from BB?
Probably wouldn't make a difference for us who already obsess.

Still, the mouth guard thing and letting a kind of rinse sit in your mouth for 10 minutes sounds refreshing.... But it's not all that far from what I do already.. rinsing, swishing, gargling, for a long time, sometimes while I do other things, like browse the net.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

If stomach is the problem, this method may not cure bb. It may work for people with periodontal /gum disease.
BTW, I got a clean sign from my dentist that I have perfectly healthy gums. She was impressed that I have been maintaining it so well. I massage my gums with Ultimate gum solution once in a while, but also that I had laser gum cleaning after my baby was born.
I do not have severe gum pockets, but for people with bb due to periodontal /gum, give ultimate gum solution a try. I have been satisfied because though I have healthy gums, using this gives my gums a fresh feeling. I think, most of the members in this forum are facing bb due to some other reason, and not periodontal/gum disease.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Gum-Solu ... B004GGK3R4
I use it because I ordered it long back when I thought gum disease was my bb cause.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Thanks Mike and Tibya

I've tried everything and over obsessed myself with cleaning. Same as you Tibya, my dentist says I have perfectly healthy gums.

I just wondered if anyone else had tried the irrigator and mouth guard incase this was the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Maybe not then :(
2ndbanana
Junior

Post by 2ndbanana »

i think i have gingivitis too because my gum is receding due to not brushing when i was really young. now where can i buy this chlorhexidine and also that gum solution does that really gonna help you? how do you use that thing?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

2ndbanana wrote:i think i have gingivitis too because my gum is receding due to not brushing when i was really young. now where can i buy this chlorhexidine and also that gum solution does that really gonna help you? how do you use that thing?
This is happening to me too... I don't know why, as I take great care of my teeth. It could be genetics, as my father has the same issue I think, and my grandfather had very 'long' teeth. My Dad always thought it was because of the way he brushed though.

Sometimes my Dad has normal bad breath, but it's nothing like my fart breath... So I'm wondering if, even though my gums seem to be deteriorating, it's not at all my problem..... I mean, I assume that's the case... Though I'm starting to become worried about the gums more and more... I had deep pockets... Dentists just keep saying the same damn thing though... Brush and floss, etc.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

2ndbanana wrote:i think i have gingivitis too because my gum is receding due to not brushing when i was really young. now where can i buy this chlorhexidine and also that gum solution does that really gonna help you? how do you use that thing?
Gingivitis is curable. Its a very early stage of periodontal /gum disease.
Chlorenxdine is a prescription mouthwash, so you need to ask your dentist for the prescription. Though i doubt they prescribe this for gingivitis . its usually given for perio, but no harm in trying.
Receding gums come with age and also if gums are not healthy.
I think, its more imp. to massage your gums even with plain water/baking soda. As for ultra gum solution, I take few drops on finger tip and gently massage my gums (key is to massage all around and everywhere in the gum). You can use few drops on toothbrush too. Regular maintenance is the key. Do not expect results in few weeks. It may help with gingivits, but may not with receding gums.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic