Your Email Address:

First Name:

Re-cap on MY CURE

Tell us your story with bad breath
AliD

Post by AliD »

jen wrote:When I was on the anti-candida diet, I cut out all wheat, dairy, sugar, etc. For 7 weeks. It didn't help for the bb. So, I guess it's not my problem or should I try it for longer?
The candida diet gives off bad breath because of KETOSIS, my boyfriends Mum who is a marathon runner has it when she goes on carb-free or the dukon diet. Naturally occuring carbs and grains are generally good. I spoke to a private doctor once who believes the candida diet it a scam, a very clever one. It only occurs in aids patients, new born babies, very sick elderly patients and in the form of topical and oral thrush. It's likely that the candida diet made your breath worse because of the ketones.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

halitosisux wrote:Mike, do your stools improve or worsen when you eat more "normally"?
It's been a long time. I was under the impression when I first dropped gluten that it was helping my stool, but I think it didn't really make a difference. I might start eating a little more freely... But I do know that not having gluten in my diet keeps me from being as gassy as I once was... I think that's the nature of gluten though, it's tough for the stomach to digest I suppose..?

All I know is that I started recognizing about 5 or 6 years ago that my stool was a mess... I don't know, but I feel like it started when, out of convenience, I was eating breakfast cereals 4 or more times a day, in addition to sandwiches. I wonder if that triggered something in me... The BB existed before that though, so I don't know.

I had an allergy test, and gluten/wheat showed a mild allergy, but so did rice.. This wasn't a food intolerance test, I don't believe.. A blood test. As expected, plants and molds were off the charts, and cats were up there too.

Two weeks ago I ate a cookie that someone offered me. For the next two days I was extra gassy, but I can't say for sure that it was that cookie.. Sometimes I feel like a hypochondriac with these symptoms all over the place, but the thing is they are very real. I could easily have BB from 4 or 5 different sources,but surely it's one problem ruling them all.
AliD

Post by AliD »

mike987 wrote:I've been eating gluten free for more than half a year.

I think it helps lessen gassiness, but hasn't saved me from my breath... I might end up going back to eating anything I want, which would still be incredibly healthy compared to a typical diet.
Is your BB source from your oral cavity? Do you have a tongue coating/sore gums? or do you think it may be nasal or internal?
AliD

Post by AliD »

Phantasist wrote:By all means, Mike, go back to eating anything you want and forget about the gluten. It's in everything we eat. Just don't eat anything that might irritate your colon - you have enough trouble in that area.
You're right Phantasist, gluten is added to almost all foods, which is why it can be difficult to fully recover without ever knowing the problem.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

AliD wrote:

I think it helps lessen gassiness, but hasn't saved me from my breath... I might end up going back to eating anything I want, which would still be incredibly healthy compared to a typical diet.
Is your BB source from your oral cavity? Do you have a tongue coating/sore gums? or do you think it may be nasal or internal?
I have everything. I have PND, dry mouth, sore gums (but occasionally, and they don't seem to produce odor), had tonsil stones, muddy stool, a mild case of acid reflux, allergies, "mild gastritis" as described by a doc but his shitty pills didn't do a damn thing for me...

I don't know where the ***k it's coming from. I tend to believe it's not the oral cavity because the BB can occur so quickly after brushing flossing, water pik-ing, rinsing... I used to think it was nasal polyps because a doctor a long time ago said they were forming, but last year I went to a doc and he said there weren't any.......

The breath smells like farts... You would think it had to be digestive related, no? Particularly when I exhibit digestive related symptoms.. Thing is, while I have a lot of single hiccups, burps.. I don't feel like I'm ejecting acid into my throat. It doesn't burn. Maybe a tiny bit on occasion, but other people have heart burn and no BB, so what's the deal?

I need to be a lab rat.. I need a room of scientists to study me closely and figure out just what the hell is wrong.
AliD

Post by AliD »

mike987 wrote:
AliD wrote:

I have everything. I have PND, dry mouth, sore gums (but occasionally, and they don't seem to produce odor), had tonsil stones, muddy stool, a mild case of acid reflux, allergies, "mild gastritis" as described by a doc but his shitty pills didn't do a damn thing for me...

I don't know where the ***k it's coming from. I tend to believe it's not the oral cavity because the BB can occur so quickly after brushing flossing, water pik-ing, rinsing... I used to think it was nasal polyps because a doctor a long time ago said they were forming, but last year I went to a doc and he said there weren't any.......

The breath smells like farts... You would think it had to be digestive related, no? Particularly when I exhibit digestive related symptoms.. Thing is, while I have a lot of single hiccups, burps.. I don't feel like I'm ejecting acid into my throat. It doesn't burn. Maybe a tiny bit on occasion, but other people have heart burn and no BB, so what's the deal?

I need to be a lab rat.. I need a room of scientists to study me closely and figure out just what the hell is wrong.
Before GF diet, my heartburn was so bad I had to take small sips of water between every bite of food. But the smell was the tongue coating, fortunately before I could get rid of it and would be okay for a few hours at least, does your breath ever cease at all?
Did you ever have an allergy test? or ibs?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic