Your Email Address:

First Name:

Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) Works!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If salt rubbing is helping then it might be worth trying a Waterpik.
I dissolve a tablespoon of salt into warm water and use it in mine. My teeth and gums have always been in excellent condition, but yet I still get flossing odours every day on certain teeth, but not since I started using an irrigator. Flossing odours have completely disappeared.

Massaging the gums is supposed to help them heal if you suffer with gum disease, so the help from salt-rubbing may only be because of the massaging effect and not much to do with the salt.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry, my point is, if these products help and you suspect your gums might not be perfect, it might be a good idea to try adding them to the water in a waterpik type device so that it gets into the gums. No mouthrinsing or brushing or flossing is as effective or deep cleaning as a waterpik.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Do you use sea salt? Or regular table salt? Or does it matter?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you mean me, yes, I use ordinary regular table salt dissolved in the warm water tank of my waterpik. Salt is salt, chemically they are the same thing (except for the iodine which is added to table salt). Sea salt hasn't been refined so that it still retains certain flavours and texture.

For the purposes of using salt for rinsing the mouth or rubbing the gums, I doubt it will make any difference which type is used.
Cauterize
Junior

Re: Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) Works!!

Post by Cauterize »

HopefulOne wrote:I urge all of you who feel your bad breath is bacteria/candida related to try this miracle liquid.

As you all know I was 100% fresh when I left the hospital in January. However almost three weeks later 30% of my bad breath had returned. Like sadgirl, I belive my problem is related to hormones and bacteria. My breath was 100% fresh because I had been given strong antibiotics for my surgery. Later the bacteria returned and so did 30% of my BB. So I decided to use the same formula as when I was in the hospital. I know I can't take antibiotics everyday, so I searched for a natural potent antibiotic and came up with GSE and oil of oregano. GSE was cheaper and had good reviews from other BB sufferers so I bought some.

The first 3 days I only put some on my toothpaste and brushed with it. I also put 3 or four drops in a little water and swished and gargled. My breath improved and I had hardly any morning breath. I decided to take the next step and swallow some. The first day I swallowed four drops. The second day I swallowed ten drops. One hour later I had a slight headache and felt really tired. I also started coughing up alot of clear mucous. My breath became really terrible for about an housr and then it became fresh. The next day I swallowed ten more drops and had no more die off reactions. Today is my fourth day of swallowing ten drops and my tongue is pink and my breath is 97% fresh!!! I still brush and swish two or three times per day. I also try to eat yogurt every day for the good cultures.

Really I'm doing the same treatment as sadgirl except I refuse to swallow tea tree oil. GSE is bitter, but you can hide it in orange juice. My next step is to alternate with oil of oregano, so the bacteria won't become immune to GSE. Try it people, it may work for you. Others have found success with GSE. I myself read about it a long time ago, but I was tired of being disappointed.
Yai you got candida .... go on lufenuron and then swallow some gse only everyday time your brush your teeth and you are done forever with it.Gse will help, so it will never come back after lufenuron treatment
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

sadgirlbb wrote:Yay Hope4now you are seeing some improvement! My gums are evil. If I don't get them cleaned by the dentist every 3 or 4 months, I'm in trouble. And boy can gums make your bb horrid! That's just one of my contributors but I have that in check now. Thanks for the suggestion of just brushing with the GSE. I'm going to try that. Even though I get my teeth cleaned like clockwork, my gums still hurt quite frequently.
I've decided to go back to brushing with salt and water. I'm not sure of the safety of using GSE on a daily basis. Today I felt a bit sick. And I noticed some bb coming back after two days using GSE instead of salt.
Last edited by hope4now on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

halitosisux wrote:Sorry, my point is, if these products help and you suspect your gums might not be perfect, it might be a good idea to try adding them to the water in a waterpik type device so that it gets into the gums. No mouthrinsing or brushing or flossing is as effective or deep cleaning as a waterpik.
The problem with that idea is that it would be difficult to get the salt solution concentrated enough in a water pik. I've been using a water pik daily for years, sometimes with additives like iodine, GSE or salt, and it did not prevent or cure my bb. It wasn't until I started brushing with concentrated salt solution, that I noticed a difference. Also salt tends to clog the water pik in my experience.
hopefulguy

Post by hopefulguy »

I ordered the Lufenron last week so hopefully it gets here soon and I can tell you guys my results.

So with the Lufenron do you guys recommend taking the GSE just for the 2 weeks that it is supposedly working in your system?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for that information hopefornow.
Some people may have minor areas where certain actions with antimicrobials may help minor gum problems and get rid of the BB, but this is not likely to apply to many people on this site. It may help a few though.

I'm not all that certain about the properties of ordinary salt regarding it's antibacterial properties and how it can ultimately help reduce bad breath. Like most antibacterials, it's probably only effective against certain types of microoganisms.

And like most antibacterials, there may be initial improvements, but it doesn't take long for unaffected bacteria to take over the role of producing stench.

I think the cause of type-1 BB is some kind of chemical trigger. I think bacteria somehow sense when there is an infection nearby (like in the gum or in the sinuses), a weakness in the body, and it causes the bacteria to go into a frenzy of activity on the tongue.
Cauterize
Junior

Post by Cauterize »

hopefulguy wrote:I ordered the Lufenron last week so hopefully it gets here soon and I can tell you guys my results.

So with the Lufenron do you guys recommend taking the GSE just for the 2 weeks that it is supposedly working in your system?
Hello there since lufenron will f u ck and get rid of the candida from your body.But you must prevent it from coming back again.I reccomend swallowing gse everytime you brush your teeth to keep you fresh and keep your intestinal track safe.I've ordered mine today and I'm so happy
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

halitosisux wrote:Thanks for that information hopefornow.
Some people may have minor areas where certain actions with antimicrobials may help minor gum problems and get rid of the BB, but this is not likely to apply to many people on this site. It may help a few though.

I'm not all that certain about the properties of ordinary salt regarding it's antibacterial properties and how it can ultimately help reduce bad breath. Like most antibacterials, it's probably only effective against certain types of microoganisms.

And like most antibacterials, there may be initial improvements, but it doesn't take long for unaffected bacteria to take over the role of producing stench.

I think the cause of type-1 BB is some kind of chemical trigger. I think bacteria somehow sense when there is an infection nearby (like in the gum or in the sinuses), a weakness in the body, and it causes the bacteria to go into a frenzy of activity on the tongue.
I believe salt will kill all microorganisms if it is concentrated enough. It works by osmosis, pulling the water from the inside of the cell, rupturing the cell's membrane. Sprinkling sea salt on a damp toothbrush seems to work well as a dentifrice. I think this treatment could be the solution for people whose bb is from gum disease.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This is what I thought too. But you can only dissolve so much salt before water becomes so saturated that it can't dissolve any more. This is not far off the concentration I am using in my waterpik. The concentration feels about the same concentration as sea water, but yet the sea is full of bacteria.

Maybe salt-rubbing is able to achieve something that salty water can never achieve.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Here is a reply from Nutribiotics concerning the safety of their product:

thank you for your interest in GSE. Newsgroups, email groups, and web
sites have received postings to the effect that GSE contains triclosan,
benzelthonium chloride, or methyl paraben. The reason is that GSE is very
similar in molecular weight to both benzelthonium chloride and triclosan,
both of which are effective disinfectants, but are toxic to human and animal
life. Some tests for BC, triclosan, and methyl paraben come up positive
(which is more correctly called a "false positive") and the same is
happening for triclosan.

Meanwhile, Citricidal (the brand of GSE NutriBiotic uses) has been tested
for the presence of these toxins by independent labs, and has been proven
clean. (Ex: Weston Gulf Coast Laboratories, Inc., University Park, IL, test
completed in March of 1992. Tested for heavy metals, Cyanides, Pesticides
and PCBs and Benzalkonium Chloride. Results: None Detected.) In fact, the
accusations about triclosan (used in many dish and hand soaps in the US)
became so frequent a few years ago, that Citricidal began specifically
testing each batch of GSE for its absence, and providing a Certificate of
Analysis to that effect.

The truth is, Citricidal is not only effective, it has been in use for many
years (20+). If these allegations had any validity, there certainly would be
a history of complaints and judgments against the product, and it would have
been removed from the market many years ago. The US FDA made inspections of
the Nutribiotic manufacturing facility back in the 1990's and found no
chemical preservatives; and the formula is the same today. Such rumors are
false, and are not a threat to those armed with accurate information. The
reports are certainly bothersome, but they have produced "false positives",
not accurate profiles. The vast body of evidence from many years of use by
thousands of satisfied consumers, doctors, manufacturers, and veterinarians,
speaks most loudly against such reports. Citricidal and NutriBiotic GSE are
proven, safe, and effective products.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions. Thank
you.

Post Office Box 238, 865 Parallel Drive, Lakeport, CA 95453
Toll Free: (800) 225-4345, Phone: (707) 263-0411, Fax: (707) 263-7844
www.nutribiotic.com
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Here is a reply from Nutribiotics concerning the safety of their product:

thank you for your interest in GSE. Newsgroups, email groups, and web
sites have received postings to the effect that GSE contains triclosan,
benzelthonium chloride, or methyl paraben. The reason is that GSE is very
similar in molecular weight to both benzelthonium chloride and triclosan,
both of which are effective disinfectants, but are toxic to human and animal
life. Some tests for BC, triclosan, and methyl paraben come up positive
(which is more correctly called a "false positive") and the same is
happening for triclosan.

Meanwhile, Citricidal (the brand of GSE NutriBiotic uses) has been tested
for the presence of these toxins by independent labs, and has been proven
clean. (Ex: Weston Gulf Coast Laboratories, Inc., University Park, IL, test
completed in March of 1992. Tested for heavy metals, Cyanides, Pesticides
and PCBs and Benzalkonium Chloride. Results: None Detected.) In fact, the
accusations about triclosan (used in many dish and hand soaps in the US)
became so frequent a few years ago, that Citricidal began specifically
testing each batch of GSE for its absence, and providing a Certificate of
Analysis to that effect.

The truth is, Citricidal is not only effective, it has been in use for many
years (20+). If these allegations had any validity, there certainly would be
a history of complaints and judgments against the product, and it would have
been removed from the market many years ago. The US FDA made inspections of
the Nutribiotic manufacturing facility back in the 1990's and found no
chemical preservatives; and the formula is the same today. Such rumors are
false, and are not a threat to those armed with accurate information. The
reports are certainly bothersome, but they have produced "false positives",
not accurate profiles. The vast body of evidence from many years of use by
thousands of satisfied consumers, doctors, manufacturers, and veterinarians,
speaks most loudly against such reports. Citricidal and NutriBiotic GSE are
proven, safe, and effective products.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have further questions. Thank
you.

Post Office Box 238, 865 Parallel Drive, Lakeport, CA 95453
Toll Free: (800) 225-4345, Phone: (707) 263-0411, Fax: (707) 263-7844
www.nutribiotic.com
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Omg, what it tastes bad and yet I mix it in juice. Unable to take more than one drop at a time :idea:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic