Your Email Address:

First Name:

What did I miss? Anyone cured recently?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

What did I miss? Anyone cured recently?

Post by mike987 »

Traffic on the site seemed pretty slow for the last month, and things were feeling rather hopeless....
I've had some vacation time from work and have had the pleasure of spending time away from the stress of the job and other people's faces.. didn't want to think about BB at all...

Also wanted to keep thinking that Betaine HCL was doing something. I've been taking that 3 or 4 times a day for most of the last month, results are inconclusive thus far... Don't seem to be BB free, and haven't had enough interactions lately to make any proper observations.

I was feeling a little positive about it... but some reactions persisted.. Not a lot that were concrete though... I wanted to keep taking it to be sure...
Anyway, I'm still taking it.. I haven't been in a class environment for the last two weeks,though we've been training this week in the mornings.

Today, I smelled something horrid... Upset stomach kind of shit fart smell.
I seriously thought it was my co-worker friend farting.. I even asked him. He said it's not his 'brand' of smell...
I smelled this a few times today.... Thing is, my mouth was so ****ing clean.. I had something in my mouth all day stimulating saliva as well as dosing my mouth in a powerful mint, along with some probiotic effect from the same lozenge... I don't understand. It didn't linger like a fart.. and the times I did smell it, people were speaking or breathing close to me, while I was talking.

I want to see a real ****ing doctor. I want to be diagnosed.. This shit is UNREAL.

BTW, halitosisux, last time I was on the site, I remember you asking if I was tested for heliobacter pylori. I was, through a blood test at a local clinic, and it came out negative. I don't think they tested for anything else though other than taking a standard blood test.

Oh, so guys. Is anything new?
I see some crap about candida.. but that seems to happen every month or so... No sincere cures ever appear.

I'd love to be proven wrong. If there was any important information passed around that seems to carry potential for cures, I'd really appreciate someone updating me :)

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, hope you enjoyed your break. Well, at least helicobacter can now be ruled out for you.

I agree with you about candida, but you just never know. Lufeneuron sounds like it's helping some members. Maybe it's only because it's able to reduce the amount of tongue coating (of which fungi are a known consituent), which as we all know can be a cause of bad breath, not because of the coating itself, but because of the bacterial shielding effect a coating has. Harmless to humans, so certainly worth trying, especially if the sinuses are involved.

I remember quite a few people got initial improvements while they took certain antifungal drugs.
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

I feel your pain :/
There is light at the end of the tunnel!

What are the usual symptoms for H.pylori?
Also, how would I go about requesting/getting a test for it?

Thanks in advance
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Mike, welcome back. Missed you. Especially your funny comments. Sadgirlbb got good results from candida treatment. I haven;t ordered it yet, but I am so very much inclined to order it. I looked online and somewhere read that one can get resistant to Lufeneuron. And at some places I read that Nystain or other anti fungual medicine along with Lufeneuron has shown better results than any of the one alone.

And yes, what kind of blood test do I need to request my physician to get tested for h. pylori bacteria?
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

How is Helicobacter pylori diagnosed?

Various tests can detect H. pylori:

1. A breath test can confirm that you have a current H. pylori infection. A sample of your breath is analysed after you take a special drink. Note: prior to this test you should not have taken any antibiotics for at least four weeks. Also, you should not have taken a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) or H2-receptor antagonist medicine for at least two weeks. (These are acid-suppressing medicines.) Also, you should not eat anything for six hours before the test. The reason for these rules is because they can affect the test result.
2. An alternative test is the stool antigen test. In this test you give a pea-sized sample of your faeces (stools) which is tested for H. pylori. Note: prior to this test you should not have taken any antibiotics for at least four weeks. Also, you should not have taken a PPI or H2-receptor antagonist acid-suppressing medicine for at least two weeks.
3. A blood test can detect antibodies to H. pylori. This is sometimes used to confirm that you are, or have been, infected with H. pylori. However, it can take up to a year for this test to become negative once the infection has cleared. So, it is no use to confirm whether treatment has cleared the infection (if this needs to be known). If needed, the breath test or stool antigen test is usually used to check if an infection has cleared following treatment.
4. Sometimes a biopsy (small sample) of the lining of the stomach is taken if you have a gastroscopy (endoscopy). The sample can be tested for H. pylori.

source : http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Helicob ... h-Pain.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 4 different types of H. pylori tests

Blood antibody test
A blood test does not 'measure' the bacteria itself - instead it is a check to see whether your body has made antibodies to the H. pylori bacteria. If you have antibodies to H. pylori in your blood, this means that you were definitely been infected in the past.

Blood Tests are only accurate if you have never been on medication for H. pylori. The reason for this is that it is impossible to eradicate H. pylori from your digestive system without any from of treatment.

It is safe to say that if your Blood Test is positive, and you have never been treated, then you are currently infected as well.

However, it is important to know that as soon as you have completed any form of treatment, the results of a Blood test are rendered useless.

--- WARNING ---

A Blood Test does not provide a definitive result
on the actual status of H. pylori.

This is because antibodies remain in the blood
for between 12 to 18 months after the H. pylori
bacterium has been successfully eradicated.

DO NOT USE the results of Blood tests
AFTER you have been treated!

Urea breath test
A urea breath test checks to see if you have H. pylori bacteria in your stomach. It involves using a radioactive carbon atom to detect H. pylori bacteria.

The breath test is not always available and the results are often inconsistent. This a very expensive test, and our research has shown that this is not the best H. pylori test to go for. The inconsistency of the breath test has been proved when running a breath test concurrently with a H. pylori Stool Antigen test on the same patient.

Stomach biopsy test
A small sample (biopsy) is taken from the lining of your stomach and small intestine during an endoscopy. Several different tests may be done on the biopsy sample. Most of these test produce inconsistent results, and depend on the testing facility or laboratory used. This has been proved when running these tests concurrently with a benchmark HPSA test on the same patient.

Stool antigen test
Also known as the HPSA test, this test provides the most conclusive evidence of the presence of H. pylori bacteria. The stool antigen test checks to see if substances that trigger the immune system to fight a H. pylori infection (H. pylori antigens) are present in your feces (stool).

Stool antigen testing may be done to help support a diagnosis of a current H. pylori infection or to determine whether treatment for a H. pylori infection has been successful. We recommend this test after you have been treated - it produces a very accurate result of your H. pylori status.

Clearly the HPSA test is the safest and most accurate of all H. pylori tests.

source : http://www.ulcer-cure.com/H_Pylori/h-pylori-test.php
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Thanks newbie. This is very helpful when I talk to my physician. They are always in such a rush that if I take a set questions directed towards my problem, this might help her understand my point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic