Your Email Address:

First Name:

My story and cure

Tell us your story with bad breath
skylarroxxs
Total Newbie

My story and cure

Post by skylarroxxs »

First of all I am 24 years old, I became self aware of my BB when I was about 9 years old, since then I have chewed gum or mints and have bought lots of products that always failed to work. I was embarrassed to speak specially when I was in a Car or an elevator, I was depressed and had suicidal thoughts. I always thought I would not be able to get married or have kids because they wouldn't bare my breath. in 2010 I came across this site and read about metronidazole, I drove to Tijuana Mexico and I bought two boxes. I started taking 3 metronidazole a day for a few months, I thought it cured my problem but it didn't my BB would come back when I stopped taking the metronidazole. I started reading more on this website and I read about H.Pylori and I set up an appointment with the gastroentoroligist and I made him aware I was abusing metronidazole, he wanted to perform an endoscopy and did a biopsy, I was positive for H.Pylori he prescribed me prevpac, after my treatment was done I was embarrassed to ask anyone if my bb was gone, a few months passed and I went to the dr again and I lied to him I told him I was told in Mexico I still had H.Pylori so he prescribed Pylera I didn't complete the treatment by like 3 days. I thought my bb would not be gone just because of the H.Pylori. In September 2011 I had all my wisdom teeth removed and had a dental crown put in. January of 2012 I got my braces removed and I started wearing my retainers, everytime I would take the retainers off I noticed they didn't smell bad like they used too (I had braces back in middle school) I didn't think much of it. A few days ago I started reading about closys and decided to buy it. When I first tried it I asked my brother to see if my breath smelled and he said it didn't smell bad that it smelled like normal breath I didn't believe him it was around 11 pm at night. I wanted to know if it really worked or not so I drove 10 miles to my sisters house since I was desperate I asked her to smell my breath and she didn't want to because she thought it would smell bad , at the end she smelled it and said it smelled like normal breath I was in shock. That same night I told my girlfriend about why I had to have a mint in my mouth everytime, that's when she told she never smelled any bb on me, I don't think it was the closys that cured me but it was the actual h.pylori causing my bb and my wisdom teeth, but I can say that the closys does help to freshen my breath, I am still in shock that I don't have bb I never thought it would go away. I was always taunted by people talking behind my back or rubbing their noses or making comments about how something smelled bad. I would recommend people getting the H.Pylori test, I think sometimes its overlooked.

222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

Congratulations on finding a cure. I have thought about H. Pylori, but I have not looked into it too much. I tested for the first time on someone yesterday and they could not smell I thing. I still have my doubts though. *Sigh*
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Congrats on finding your cure. If you don't mind me asking, how did your breath smell like? Did you have PND and a coated tongue as well? Because if you don't then we might have the same cause of BB. And if that's the case, then i'll research more on H. Pylori.
solider
Total Newbie

Post by solider »

Congrats on finding your cure skylarroxxs
I'm right now in the process of self medicating with omeprazole, cipro, amoxicyclin, and fluconazole on top of lufenuron. I hope this works for me as well i also believe my bb is related to hpylori & candida. Can u tell me if u had any reactions after your hpylori treatment? Because im wondering what made you intially not think it was working.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic