Your Email Address:

First Name:

What reactions do YOU get?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

My biggest reaction has been touching of the nose or hand under the nose. Crazy thing is i have seen these things where i was 20-30 feet away or in classrooms where i was in the hall peeking through the door's window.

Still, even after seeing all those so called reactions where it was impossible that i was the one casing them...every time someone touches their nose or has their hands under the nose while being next to me or talking to me i instantly think that i have bb.

Its almsot clear to me that people naturally touch their nose yet i still believe that is a bb reaction. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.

222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I never really think too much into the nose touching thing. I have found myself touching my nose sometimes for no reason as well as the rest of my face.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I still have the habit of sometimes putting my hand near my nose as an excuse to "steer" the breath from my mouth when I'm talking very close to someone.

Even though most of us would never think it, but a lot of people chew gum and eat mints because it is perceived to freshen the breath. So it's not that unreasonable to assume that many people are conscious of their breath and may therefore try to avoid breathing onto other people if possible, and will therefore fidget and do things which can immediately make those of us who are acutely paranoid about their breath to assume it must be because we stink.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

The only time nose touching bothers me is when only the people very close to me are doing it... and it'snot just nose touching, but nose 'smashing'.

So I'm back in classes after a break, and this happened last night, when I was forced to teach in a small area of the class room... My fears of all this shit I've been doing lately to treat the BB not doing a ****ing thing is revealing itself as truth.

Also, I'm sick of these ****ing mints. Why do mints destroy your mouth?
I put mints in my mouth and hold them in place so I can speak during the lesson.. but they destroy the sides of my mouth.. under my tongue.. my gums!! I was wondering why the top left and right of my upper gums were sore... it's actually the exposed tooth that hurts like a son of a bitch, and I've noticed it after Ive been using a lot of lozenges and stuff.. What the hell??

Is there no refuge for me, even in products meant to be a psychological comfort more than anything??

I've been taking that bentaine hydrochloric acid for well over a month now... I wonder if it's damaging my body... I do it out of desperation.. I'm starting to wonder if it is that stupid candida as my problem, because when I temporarily switched to a weaker bentaine hcl pill, my eczema came back and my shit seemed to go worse (though it never really got better).

***k. Does anyone know a doctor? Hah.. I need a doctor.. I just want some comfort and a diagnosis from someone who isn't going to try to throw pills at me...
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

Mike, they've been talkin about you, wondering where you have been..

Anything new?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Hey, yeah, I took a break from the site since I had time off.. Didn't need to be in the classroom, so didn't even want to think about BB.

Anyway, these days here's what I'm doing:

- Bentaine HCL after every meal

- Started taking digestive enzymes before meal

- I always like to keep something in my mouth to summon saliva, a mint, a lozenge, a barely chewed piece of gum.. anything that can give me saliva should I need it on the spot. I've realized lately though that many lozenges and mints are wearing away the gum and drying out my mouth in the areas I like to 'store' them.

- 5 HTP (serotonin supplement), but I take these for my mood now.. originally took them to fix digestion, but that didn't really help.. I found the mood lifting ability almost crucial to my continued existence.. hah.. Well I'm no so depressed as much if I regularly take it.

- Got some M18 KBLIS oral probiotic that I've been sucking on the last few days.. I don't have too many of them, just wanted to see if they help... I like them, if just for the psychological comfort. and they work well to keep saliva in my mouth, though they don't really last long... I was worried it was giving me a different kind of bad bread, but I could have sworn it was the teacher I was working with that day and not me.. It had to have been her. .. Hate that the smell got stuck in my nose though.. Later that day I got little whiffs, tastes, of it.. Probably because the smell got stuck in my PND, but I'd be stupid to assume it was me... So yeah, I've only taken them for the last couple days, but I like them.. don't know if they're effective at all though..

- Started putting a drop of grape fruit seed extract on my tooth brush.. Have only done this twice so far.. It doesn't seem to do much of anything, and strangely, it doesn't taste nasty like you guys are saying, but I haven't been consuming it.. just brushing with it along with my regular toothpastes.

- Of course I continue to use my waterpik twice a day, with a cap of hydrogen peroxide and some non alcohol mouthwash.

The sour taste in my mouth that I often wake up with in the morning is from mucus in my throat.. I'm pretty sure of it... I don't know if that's where my BB is coming from, though... It doesn't smell like farts, .. if I hack it up and spit onto my wrist, it's just that typical vinegary sour smell....

Though I hate the war on candida (it's a bullshit war, right?), I'm curious about trying that new med every has been giving a shot....

Also guys, I know it's been talked about around here.. what do you guys think about constant stress as the reason our bodies are so messed up??

http://lifehacker.com/5900570/constant- ... e-you-sick
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, does the BlisM18 make any difference to the odour buildup on your tongue or any difference to the coating if you have any?

By odour on your tongue, I mean after hours of allowing odours to build up there, and when you rub a finger right at the back and sniff it.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I've only used it a couple times.. I can't say.. Though I was getting nose smashes the first day I was giving it a shot.

Didn't go out today so I didn't use it.. Don't want to waste it if it is working.

I've found the cause for consistent tongue coating to be difficult to determine. I don't have a thick coating right now, but it's definitely whiter than a couple months ago, where for a period of time I had a rather clean tongue... Still had BB though, so I don't know.

I never felt tongue coating had a strong relation to BB.
I actually feel it's more related to the way I clean my tongue. For example, if I do a long of brushing, it seems to become more white than if I don't.. Maybe using a lot of strong mints also dries the tongue out.. I think using hydrogen peroxide in the brush and brushing the tongue results in even more whiteness.

I guess I'm saying I think the whiteness if more like damaged skin that may collect more material than smoother papillae.

Right now, and probably always, the back of my tongue doesn't smell like my BB (as I can sense it in back draft).. .. But it smells like the sour vinegary smell that the rest of my saliva stinks of, that most of us are familiar with.

I really feel this sour taste is related to PND... even if I clean my tongue, any mucus in the back of my throat will collect bacteria right?.. Ugh. I don't know. I'll be sucking on it tomorrow since I have to work, so I'll let you know if it does anything for the sour smell I'm talking about.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I've been thinking about tongue coatings lately too. I have always had what I consider to be normal tongue coating. I once used to brush my tongue with a toothbrush, but then after an episode of illness and abstaining from all oral hygiene for a few days, I realised my tongue actually became cleaner. So from then on I stopped doing anything to it.

I can't say the same thing about tongue odours though. While I still had my stinking wisdom tooth my tongue would absolutely stink, but after that the odour almost completely disappeared.

My latest thinking on tongue coatings is that we're not just dealing with one thing - it's several different things. It's dead cells which continuously grow like finger nails and hair do. It's fungi and other typical microorganisms which attach themselves to this dead skin and thrive in these perfect conditions. And it's also certain types of bacteria which end up producing plaque/biofilm and resultant odour in the same way as bacteria produce odour between the teeth and inside the tonsils when they are trapped there along with other oral debris.

If you use antibacterials/antibiotics against the bacteria you end up with an increase in fungal growth and dead cell buildup. Antifungals will generally reduce the coating because I think most of what we see as coating is actual fungal growth, which is why it's so easy to tip the balance and end up with oral thrush in the mouth while taking antibiotics for example.

This is also, in my opinion, why all of us who have ever had bad breath and tried different remedies which affect the microorganisms in our mouth/body, resulting in bad breath improvement, why this always wears off eventually because all that happens is that we're temporarily upsetting the microbial balance. This may be a grossly simplistic explanation, but maybe not.

So, without finding out the underlying cause (for example chronic mouth dryness, sinus problem, esophegal reflux, localized infection) the problem is impossible to resolve.

And in the meantime, the halitomafia are happy because millions of people out there believe their explanations that we just happen to be the unfortunate few who need their useless intervention.

But anyway, some people go around with teeth that look like an old graveyard and perfect breath and haven't seen a toothbrush for years, so maybe some people do have certain kinds of favourable bacteria in their mouth and they're simply immune from BB.

I'll be very interested to know how you get on with the K18 Mike.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Sour smell still persists.

While sucking on it, I feel a bit of relief, but that just might be psychological.. Though, it certainly saves me of dry mouth if just for a few minutes, which is always a relief.

Is it possible to have gotten a bacterial infection from these probiotics??
I've been sucking on them every day, 2 - 4 of them per day.
As of Sunday, I started to feel a bit queasy. Monday night, I woke up and ran to the sink and vomited everything...

Now I still feel kinda nauseous, but I also have body aches, including head ache, extreme and painful bloating (I don't have fat on my belly at all, but I've looked pregnant today!), BURNING diarrhea, and I was scared to see, just an hour ago, an obvious amount of blood in the stool... Anyway, I picked something up from somewhere.... Guh. Before all this started, I was eating a lot of strawberries.. But this is bad... I wonder if I should go to a doctor..

edit: Also, I wanted to add that while it doesn't exactly smell fecal to me, I can see how that strong sour smell from my saliva could become a really offensive odor, if gone airborne from my hot, dry throat.

On another topic, and this sounds crazy, but has anyone tried eating healthy baby poop?? I mean, as gross as that might be, if it was found to be effective in some cases, I would add it to my daily diet until the problem was solved! Hah.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Mike, have you ever had your thyroid checked? I,m reading quite a lot about it at the moment and some of your symptoms that I can remember, are mentioned with regard to hyperthyroid, such as losing weight , diarrhea, eczema, bb. May be worth your while to look into it.

Oh, and the bloating and the excessive hunger.
And dry mouth (sorry, I'm adding as I remember)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, I've heard of nausea from taking probiotics, or too many. Maybe in excess they can invoke some kind of immunological response which can give you symptoms that can make you feel ill.

There's the possibility of allergic reactions too to the probiotics.

Also, probiotics will have an effect of established bacteria and this could cause some symptoms.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, hope you are feeling better.

I definitely don't advise eating baby's shit just yet! That would be a very shitty idea lol

But this is interesting, because there is fecal transplantation which has been proven to work to restore a messed up intestinal flora.

Whether it could ever be as simple as just eating someone else's shit? I guess if we're meant to believe the Yakult and Actimel adverts then there's no reason why beneficial bacteria from another person's shit can't reach down there after eating some.

I don't think a young baby has many species of microorganisms in it's shit. But that's not the case for very long. So this would be an important factor.

Eating an adult's shit could expose you to catching any diseases they may have, so that might be why it's generally not advisable to do so. Baby's shit might also carry diseases.

We've heard some stories on here that some people have "caught" BB and stories of people who seemed to be cured of BB from kissing.

Would be interesting to hear any views on this.
Last edited by halitosisux on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, could you please detail everything you are doing while you are taking the BlisM18. For instance, your oral hygiene, tongue scraping, antibacterials etc. Whether you are taking any other supplements or medications etc.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Okay, I'll post a new thread, then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic