Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diet suggestions for my week off from work..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I am, and I didn't go on a diet #-o ... From the advice of everyone here, it didn't sound like a special diet would even do anything.. I was hoping for a good suggestion and some evidence to support doing such a thing, but if I went 'all apple' or all something else, it just feels like it'd be a crapshoot...

deebo, I think your advice has been the most helpful, and I'll probably go raw the moment I get a good blender. Cauterize has good advice about finding the cause of your BB, but I've been on a quest for the cause for years and can't find shit.. Argh!

I've been very irritable the last few days.. I don't know why. .. But right now I can tell you how pissed off I am about the juicer that I bought last year...

I thought, "this bad boy is a couple hundred dollars.. this thing is perfect and will juice all the food down to a juicy pulp which I can then consume.. i could eat anything quickly and easily and make digestion easier!"

.. It wasn't till I ran the thing that I realized a JUICER was not what I want... I just needed a blender.. I was under the impression that a juicer was just a high quality blender!... Mother fucker. Man I don't know why I'm so angry these days... Anyway, I forced myself to make use of it for several occasions, but it makes such a pain in the ass mess that takes 10 minutes to clean up (washing all the parts, etc). See, it separates the juice from the pulp.. I don't want that. I just want to eat everything ground down. So I spent hundreds of dollars on a premium device that couldn't even do the simple thing I expected from it.

In the world of blenders, can you tell me what I need to buy? All I want is something with a powerful motor and sharp cutters.. Ground it down. I don't want the juice separated from the pulp.. what a waste, and what an unbelievable hassle that is for cleanup!

Anyway, thanks for your concern, and I'm sorry for my bad attitude.
Point me in the right direction for a blender and I'll buy one right now.. I'm so sick of shopping and wasting my money.

I bought an awesome expensive tshirt yesterday, I very rarely (come to think of it, never) do this, and it comes out of the wash completely covered in fabric softener stains.... It's ****ing madness.. Why does fabric softener stain clothes?? What's the point if it's going to ruin your clothing???? Anyway, the stains aren't coming out... I'm so angry about everything right now. ](*,) ](*,)

edit:

Nevermind. I couldn't wait. Found an expensive, but highly rated blender that should be more than powerful enough, and Amazon can have it delivered by tomorrow. Now I can just buy veggies by the crate and grind them into a smoothie..

Question... Where do you get your protein if you're doing a raw diet?
My digestion is ridiculous, and I have to eat constantly to keep weight on.. one thing that prevents me from trying a raw diet is that I'll turn into a skeleton and my breath might still stink just the same :(

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

mike987 wrote: My digestion is ridiculous, and I have to eat constantly to keep weight on..
Difficulty to gain weight is the classic hyperthyroid symptom. The increased metabolic rate caused by excessive thyroid hormone means the body burns more calories than it does normally.

Of all the hormonal problems that a person can have, my symptoms match hyperthyroid symptoms the closest.

I still know very little about hormones and hyperthyroid so I don't have any suggestions as to what we should do. I found a BB sufferer on "Yahoo Answers" who was diagnosed with hyperthyroid. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 339AA518mq
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I have eaten one to two large servings of icecream with chocolate almost every day for the last 4 days. I haven't gained a pound!
deebo

Post by deebo »

mike987 wrote:I have eaten one to two large servings of icecream with chocolate almost every day for the last 4 days. I haven't gained a pound!
Hey there Mike . I use to body build train with a young kid who would always say the same thing "i can't gain weight no matter what i eat!" . We started monitoring and changed what and when he ate , lo and behold he started gaining lbs . My younger brother would say the same for years until he came to visit me for a few months . When I quit the raw diet earlier this year , i was at least about 20 lbs under what i normally walk around at. It takes a few months but I'm surely putting quality size back . Some tricks are :
Lift Heavy weights. If you can do more than 10 reps, go heavier.
Drink beer , not light beer .
Lay off the cardio workouts .
Cut the number of meals in half , double the size of each meal .
Smaller breakfast , Bigger dinners .
Dont be afraid of naps after eating -_- . (Now ,none of that above advice has anything to do with odor reduction you know or heart health for that matter.)

The Japanese actually have weight gain down to a science of course with the Sumo .

sorry i replied so late re: the blender man , I could have clued in you . There are 2 main blenders that smoothie lovers stand by . VitaMix and Blendtec . THey are both High powered and well crafted . I have the blendtec with the extra large container . Surprisingly both "blades" are actually "dull" unlike blenders you might get at Sears or walmart or what ever. THis is only possible with a strong and fast motor .

You are actually really fortunate to have a hi end juicer Mike . Juicing is really great as well and it has a few benefits that blending does not and vise versa . Juicing removes most of the pulp as you say (fiber) and this really give the gut a break . To avoid cleaning you juicer 20 times a week , just make huge batches of juice , add some citric acid(lemon/lime juice) to help preserve it fresh . Now if you have a centrifuge style juicer ,its harder to do leafy greens like baby spinach ,kale..wutever. An Auger style juicer works well for leafy stuff, but i just use a blender and a paint strainer .Its Way faster and you get more of the juice by sqeezing by hand.

If you ask me , I say protein Shmotein . Many raw foodist say you really only need amino acids to build protein . I was skeptical so i tried raw , with No overt "proteins" for 7 months . ANyway all fruits and veg have protein , but amino acids /enzymes and the building blocks of protien . i must have posted that like 20 times on here . there are plenty of fruitarian world class athletes .

About you shirt . i'd email the fabric softener company with a pic of the shirt saying how much you love their softener but it has ruined you brand new lovely shirt . I'd also for good measure email the shirt company about how great you love your new shirt but why it cant resist the fab softener stain . insert the pic too . Who knows you culd end up with 2 more shirt and some free softener. :shock:

what kind o blender did you get Mike ? did you use Jimis amazon link ?? i got my blender at bed,bath&beyond cuz they have a 100% return policy

jo hanson on hopemovo & FB
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Thanks for the advice.

I'm worried I'll lose all my mass (which isn't really that much, but I'm all muscle, no fat) if I go raw.. Why did you quit the raw diet? Was it doing anything for you? Did you get the protein you needed? You mention being underweight after doing it, so I'm a little concerned.

Is protein from nuts and soy the same as animal protein? By that I mean, can I include it in a raw diet to fight against BB, or would it just give me the same problems (assuming going raw would help my problem)?

As for the shirt, I washed it about 6 times and used a toothbrush to scrub soap and baking soda into every spot. It was still stained after this and several washes, so I busted out the stain removing bleach pen.. This seemed to do the trick.. I was worried about damaging the colored designs across the shirt, but I avoided them best I could, washed it again, and it seems to be all out! So, I should be happy about that. Looking forward to wearing it. :)

The blender I got was a Cuisinart SPB-7BCH 7-Speed Blender. Just received it in the mail this morning. Less than 1 days shipping is a beautiful thing... That's Amazon Prime in Japan, for you!

So no, I didn't use Jimmy's link because I bought it from Amazon Japan.

In the last 20min, I opened up, cleaned, and assembled the blender (rather hastily because I was anxious to get started using it!)

This isn't the raw diet mind you...
I started with Soy Milk.. Added three spoons of chocolate protein powder; Cut up and tossed in 3 Bananas; Threw in a handful of Almonds, then dried blueberries.

I should have added a bit of water, or maybe more soymilk, because it's quite creamy!... But it's delicious! I've very happy about it.

I'm going to go shopping for fruits and veggies today.. I'm looking forward to stocking up and blending down!.. But still worried about the protein.

So I know it's probably been published here a million times before, but what exactly is and is not included in a raw diet? Are nuts a no no? What about rice/potatoes ? I suppose eggs is a no no...

I've finally found some brown rice and have been eating that in place of my usual white rice. I don't know if it's doing anything for me.. probably not, but it definitely feels healthier :p
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Remember to get kale, Mike. Nothing beats it, trust me. Let me know if your blender can blend Kale properly, mine can't, i have to strain the pulp. Imagine Kale as liquid chlorophyllin but 100 times more potent. Blend kale everyday, don't get lazy. [-X

If you have to eat protein, go with nuts. If you have to eat out, go with sushi. Stay away from cured meat at all cost.

Don't become addicted to banana smoothies, bacterias seem to feast on starchy food.

Did I mention Kale?
deebo

Post by deebo »

Raw Protein : when I was raw , I DId Not Need Overt Protein .
I Did not eat many seeds or nuts . I did not have any protein powders or soys .

To Archi : most nuts are Not raw , they can be hard to find raw 1st of all . 2nd , they are far more a source of Fat than protein . THey cause me odor . Kale does have 'protein' so do all greens and fruits .,But people dont even know what they are really talking about when they mention "protein" . WHat do you think it does ? How much do you think you require ? Where we get this information from ??? Probably the meat and dairy industry . where do cows get protein ? GOrilas ? Elephants ......? From nuts ? LOL . http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mwk4#t=10s

I hate making promises or making blanket statments about diets because we are all different But you WIll Not become protein deficient on a raw diet if your get enough raw calories . I promise .

RIce can be soaked and sprouted and even eaten raw or blended . Potatoes ? I say not a good choice for raw do to some enzyme inhibitors .

Before went raw i was unemployed for a long time and gained some lbs. When i decided to go raw i purposely put on about 5 more lbs because i expected to lose some while adjusting to the new diet . Within a short time i started a job which required being on my feel for 8 hours . In the first few months raw there was a fine tuning period where i was learning what my body wanted and having my digestion adjust. After that thinks leveled off and ,Yes, I actually gained some size back . I quit because i felt after 4 months maybe the bacteria adjusted and my BB returned but i was raw mostly for 8 months . with Zero body odor , just breath . Now I know for Sure that a normal diet make my breath worse than even when i was raw .

There are a few ways raw fooders say you can hold mass , 2 are lifting and eating fruits . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjoxPj2XZco

jo hanson on FB & hopemovo
john_bb
Advanced

here is a way..

Post by john_bb »

Hi Mike,
I did the following diet and achieved 50% reduction in my bb (this is forever reduction).

Wake up early in the morning (5 AM)
drink 1 lit of water at 5 AM within 5-10 mins(do not brush ur teeth, just scrape your tongue before taking water)
you will have an immediate urge for a bowel movement (If you dont have one..you should do a warm water enema)
drink another liter of water at 6 AM within 5 mins and once again concentrate on your bowels
You will have another bowel movement
Now you have to start drinking water and Honey Lime Juice in alternate hours.
the procedure is as follows
at 9AM have 300 ml of water mixed with 4-8 teaspoons of honey and 2-3 teaspoons of freshly made lime juice.
repeat this every alternate hour..your goal is to consume 250 grams of honey (calories-800-900) per day. do this until 6 PM (otherwise you will hav to visit rest room all throughout the night)
so u take honey @9,11,1,3,5,7
take 400 ml of water @8 am,10,12,2pm,4,6pm
that makes 4 limes a day, 250 grams of honey and 5 lits of pure water and 1.8 lits of honey lime water
****rest all the 7 days
**** the 800 calories u take need no digestion...they will protect ur brain cells from dying
****2-3 bowel movements is a must...Honey lime water fasting is a waste if ur bowels are full
****ur body will get ample time to clean itself in these 7 days
****if u do this atleast 30 % of ur bb will be gone (am pretty sure)
deebo

water /honey Fasting ?

Post by deebo »

Hey there John BB
Do you have bb from the nose and mouth ?
SO you saying just doing the fast 1 time for 1 week reduced your BB by 50% since you did it ?
How long ago ?
How can you tell ?
Do you practice squatting during bowel movements ?

Did you consider Manuka honey ? Maybe there was an antibiotic affect going on for the 7 days with honey . SO how about probiotics afterwards ?
I've been thinking to incorp some enemas too . cant hurt =)(no pun:)

'Jo hanson' on Hopemovo.com and FB
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

Hi Deebo,
I am a vegan. I eat 50% raw. I made this transition 3 months ago.
Apart from that I drink 4-5 lits of water every day.
I eat my dinner before 7 PM every day. That is I let it digest before I go to bed.
I have 2-3 normal bowel movements in the morning as I drink 2 lits of water in 2 intervals in the early morning.
These days I am not using any mouth wash. I am brushing 1ce and flossing twice.
With all this exercise I understood that there is nothing wrong with my mouth. The smell comes from the stomach in my case.
The fasting thing really works great..If somebody wants to come to this life style..they can just simply fast for 2-3 days and start eating 50% raw and the other 50% cooked (brown rice, boiled veggies etc).
Now, I can skip a day's brushing and there is no change in my BB. It has been around 100 days...I hope one day my bb will be almost gone with this kind of approach...
John
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Thanks for the advice guys...

I'm not so sure about the raw diet... I can see adding more veggies into my diet, and maybe eating chicken less, but I just can't stop eating protein...

About the cows, those cows don't move.. They have very little physical activity.. They also eat nonstop.. And you must consider their biology is quite a bit different than ours.

So, it's just like Japan to not carry the products I need to try to fight BB... Kale is apparently not available in stores, though I've found something somebody posted with links to where you can purchase it on the internet..

Vegetables and fruits are expensive in this country... I spent about 40 dollars on vegetables yesterday and blended half of them.

Just grabbed whatever I could find. Here's what I blended yesterday:

- A few Cucumbers
- A few Eggplants
- Half a small pumpkin
- A Lemon
- Some sliced pineapple
- Several Green Peppers
- A bunch of leafy things that I don't really know the identity of
- I also poured in some apple vinegar (it's not Apple Cider Vinegar though.., but it's something I found I might start buying)

Anyway, the leafy things wouldn't blend until I added some liquid in there first to bring them down into the blades... It mixed everything up rather well.. Into an apple sauce like concoction. I've drank it a couple times now, still have some left over..

My bowel movement this morning was actually more like a liquid than ever.. I don't know if I can digest these veggies very well... I just don't know... Maybe it's because I also ate a couple prunes..

This isn't that unusual, but my eczema was pretty bad, and I noticed all these little red dots on my body, but those might have been there for a few days... In the past 3 or 4 months, I've gotten back acne again for the first time in 4 or 5 years.. My body is .. struggling. I don't understand..

Just now I ate a raw eggplant in my fist... I wish I could just eat the way everyone else does.. I wouldn't have to worry about becoming a skeleton if I wasn't so worried about eating healthy... I lost 5 kg since December.. I wish I could put on 15 more kg... Guh...

John, that sounds kind of scary.... So that's just a week's diet and fasting, and then you recommend switching to a vegetarian/raw diet?
deebo

protein

Post by deebo »

Mike , sorry, my point about other veggie animals like cows ,elephant, gorillas,elk ..wut have you is that they are made of protein . Just like you . But how do they build it ? It does not take meat to make meat . this is a misnomer . but i understand how hard it is to stop eating it ,especially if youre not sure it will help BB.And I understand it hard to unlearn what we 'know' about protein . Personally I think cutting down meat meat protein and meat fats helps bb of all sorts.

Yep , wen i 1st went 100% raw i was getting liquid poops big time . the gut just wasnt soaking up the stuff yet. just came right out .Within a month the poops were more solid and my ibs was gone too to my surprise . I think starting simple helps . Lots of ingredients (even fruits and veg) can be a bit confusing to the got. My mainstay was tons of Ripe bananas . Avoid starch by waiting til it turns to ripe sugar . The riper the better i say . THis way i could often get discount fruit and veg .Or even free.

my skin was doing loops too for a bit. Lots of people say they get bb at 1st too (non-bb people) . This could be due to a flushing affect. Pushing things from the body . But it should pass(no pun:)

Mike ,Id say keep doing what youre doing as far s eating chickens and rice and such , just ad more calories with ripe fruit and veg for now . I found eating more raw greens and green juices charged up my digestion .
As for fasting , ive only done this once for a day .

John bb . i think it makes perfect sense that you can go for a day without brushing since you dont have intraoral bb and your mouth isnt to blame anyway. I'll bet 75%+ members of extraoral sources of odor ,coming from blood (alveolar,lungs , gut, throat ,sinus..etc)

hopemovo.com bb & bo support/dating network
deebo

digestion transit time ?

Post by deebo »

Mike , have you testing you digestion transit time ?
To see how long it takes a meal to be excreted ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu5CZJUeaok&feature=plcp
mine seems to be just about 18 hours i think

hopemovo.com bb & bo support/dating network
john_bb
Advanced

Sources

Post by john_bb »

Hey Mike and Deebo,

here are the sources for the life style I adopted.
They were written in poor english...but the author is very reputed. A neighbor of mine went all way to India and got his colon cancer cured.
When he came back he lost 100 pounds and is now like a rock star....
at the end of each pdf there are few success stories
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2589607/bowel-movement
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2589598/health-is-happiness
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2589615/Food-And-Thought
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic