Your Email Address:

First Name:

New diet, what do you think?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
perrymason
Advanced

New diet, what do you think?

Post by perrymason »

Hey guys, since doctors are useless I've decided it is in my own hands to take care of this thing. I start working in an office for the summer in 3 weeks, and I REALLY need to tame this nasal odor.

Diet: Meat, veggies, fruits, and nuts. (The Paleo diet)

Of course, I'll be cutting down on the fruits due to the sugar content. I'm basically cutting almost all sugar, dairy, and processed foods out of my diet.

Breakfast: Veggie shake with pea protein powder, eggs, maybe some fruit

Lunch and dinner would include a combo of veggies, and meat (chicken/beef).

Snacks: Nuts, fruits, plain greek yogurt (no sugar, little lactose).

Taking probiotics, and various other supplements.

What do you guys think? I can't put myself through the entire candida diet because 1) I do not want to lose my physique that has taken years to build, and 2) I'm already at my ideal weight. Is this good enough to begin fighting candida?

jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Pervy, speaking from my own experience, this very low-carb diet can be responsible for outrageously bad breath. Remember that ketosis has its own bad odour and if you have digestive issues your odour may become much worse. However, I've found that taking digestive enzymes with every meal and taking psyllium husk helped my own digestion along which got rid of my nasal odour (which came from my stomach) and provided some overall relief.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

When it comes to working in an office, you'd better just hope that your co workers accept you for what you can do in lieu of your problem. You can try everything for the next 3 weeks and feel great about it. The 1st or 2nd person you meet will likely expose you and it starts there. After everything, it's the same BB. So then you have to work on your ability to cope in a workplace with people who have just realized that someone in here stinks bad. Forget about the breath, your mental strength is what it's all about now.

We can worry about our BB all day and night, but whatever, it will be there tomorrow and next week. If you want to keep your job and sanity, you will HAVE to be able to deal with this...

AND IT IS HARD.

I am not afraid to admit that I need to go to t he bathroom, not to rinse my mouth, but just for a few minutes to allow myself to break down and let some emotion out, pout, cry, whatever. You cannot just hold it in all day everyday, you have to try to be yourself. Your success will all depend on the particular individuals you work with and how sensitive/insensitive to odors and feelings, as every person will be different ... and they will be different everyday.

Sure, watch the diet, but understand that in a workplace, the fight is more than just avoiding carbs. Once you recognize your breath is here to stay, you have to figure out how to survive with it. If not it will do your head in good.

Sorry to be realistic. There are enough internet point seeking "youll be cured soon, take this and that substance, read this science article, pray, etc." Real life here. So far for me, dealing with people and not letting my problem turn me into a miserable jerk is working. I get a bit of sympathy, and now that I can feel sort of comfortable at my desk, I can now resume 'some' focus on my odor problem... but AGAIN, priority is your head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic