Your Email Address:

First Name:

kissing?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

mike987 wrote: but i'm wondering.. if bad breath bacteria can be contagious, i wonder if fresh breath bacteria might be contageous as well.. maybe if we gargle the saliva of someone with really fresh breath every day for a week, we'll be cured! :-k
Indeed 8)
I think that is the theory behind the BLIS K12 products, as they try to populate the mouth with Streptococcus salivarius, which is found in non-bad breath mouths. That's only one type of bacteria though, and it doesn't seem to help most of us (I used K12 for 6 months with negative results, even worse breath actually). If they can come up with a more potent cocktail based on flora from 'healthy' mouths we may be onto something [-o<

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

Larc400 wrote:
mike987 wrote: but i'm wondering.. if bad breath bacteria can be contagious, i wonder if fresh breath bacteria might be contageous as well.. maybe if we gargle the saliva of someone with really fresh breath every day for a week, we'll be cured! :-k
Indeed 8)
I think that is the theory behind the BLIS K12 products, as they try to populate the mouth with Streptococcus salivarius, which is found in non-bad breath mouths. That's only one type of bacteria though, and it doesn't seem to help most of us (I used K12 for 6 months with negative results, even worse breath actually). If they can come up with a more potent cocktail based on flora from 'healthy' mouths we may be onto something [-o<
that's interesting that your breath got worse after using K12. mine got worse after using L Salivarius (a probiotic). I wonder if after defeating the good bacteria, our bad bacteria became EVEN stronger. my breath had never bene this bad before i started taking A LOT of salivarius. another member had said the same thing about using salivarius - but her bb leveled out back to her old level of bb, rather than to have become worse, like me. i don't think i ever recovered from that.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

mike987 wrote:Maybe if we gargle the saliva of someone with really fresh breath every day for a week, we'll be cured! :-k
Haha good one, but that's pretty nasty actually. Image I would never do that. Unless it was like a mouthwash that contained these bacteria that can be found in the mouth of fresh breath people.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

How do you guys like.. get women? I don't like to go to bars or anything, I don't even like drinking really and unfortunately I have very little social life; only person I know from this town is my room mate. Aren't they disgusted of your breath or you? Seems kinda hopeless haha :(
missy

Post by missy »

My husband of 30 years tries to kiss me every now and then but I just give him a peck with a closed mouth. No way do I want to let him taste my rotten saliva. Smelling me all these years is bad enough. We just have sex without kissing...no big deal. I suppose I am missing out on a lot of tender foreplay but that's the way it goes.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

succ wrote:How do you guys like.. get women? I don't like to go to bars or anything, I don't even like drinking really and unfortunately I have very little social life; only person I know from this town is my room mate. Aren't they disgusted of your breath or you? Seems kinda hopeless haha :(
How...how do they do it? No idea, HOW THE HELL DO THEY DO IT? How do they manage to not attack someone with their breath? Oh wait maybe they do, but it can't kill them. So maybe it isn't such a big deal for them? It's only a big deal for us? Nah you just have to be lucky with finding a person that is willing to accept you despite the fact you have chronic halitosis.

Serious wfr, have you found that someone would love you less, because of your bad breath?

Plz say no [-o<
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

succ wrote:How do you guys like.. get women? I don't like to go to bars or anything, I don't even like drinking really and unfortunately I have very little social life; only person I know from this town is my room mate. Aren't they disgusted of your breath or you? Seems kinda hopeless haha :(
I dont really know how bad is your breath but mine's pretty horrible and going through my routine everytime i go out gives me relief for a few hours (not 100% though).

1. Brush well
2. Floss
3. Scrape all the white shit from the tongue with TUNG brush and TUNG gel
4. Listerine (yes I use listerine, sounds crazy but its the most effective for me, i also like the taste)
5. Chew gun all the time (they say if you chew the same gum for a long time it starts stinking so get a pack of gum and change after a while)
6. Drink water all the time
7. Another crazy thing, alcohol doesnt make my breath bad but instead it seems that it masks the bb so when I go to bars clubs or whatever I just slowly drink my beer or whatever and it seems to be working . no joke
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

How do they do it?

Having bad breath doesnt make you a monster if you are a good person.

I know and have met lots of people with bb and i've been thinking lately how others interacted with these individuals so we can see some examples.

My 1st longterm boyfriend had it pritty bad, wasnt constant but would say 50% of the time and it was fecal, you could smell it from a meter about. He however had lots of good friends, he was social, loved going out and dancing and no one ever misstreated him.

Another friend of mine had it so bad, that when i picked him up in my car and he opened the car door from outside the smell hit me so bad that i wanted to kill him. That was from his mouth, nose, probably from hes ears too, terrible. He is very hadsome and the girls love him. He was a barman in a holiday resort and everyday some girl went crazy about him. He kept getting offers to come to work in the Uk from costumers of the bar and the last time i talked to him he was a manager of and italian restaurant in the same beautiful place making 3000 euros a month.

I have a pupil, she has bb, sometimes quite sitty, other times nothing, but shes a great girl and her bb will not stop me from wanting to be her friend. She also has a boyfriend for 4 years.

And i could tell more but i dont want you to fall asleep on this post.

I hope this will give you some positive thoughts, its all a question of point of wiew.
KL
Junior

Post by KL »

noptical

The bacterias get drunk with the beer (or alcohol), they stop working (relax) and do not produce any volatile compound, you see. They are good pals with you.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

KL wrote:noptical

The bacterias get drunk with the beer (or alcohol), they stop working (relax) and do not produce any volatile compound, you see. They are good pals with you.
hahaha if thats true I see myself becoming an alcoholic :lol:
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i have two friends with halitosis and it doesnt stop any of us going out and having a good time. I always tell one of them his breath is ****ing bad but he doesnt believe me. When he talks to chicks they know to turn their head or move back but he still gets laid. Its a lot more common than i thought.

The fact is you just gotta kind of let it go and realise it doesnt make you an ogre.

you know brad pitt has a body odor problem? He stinks like garbage everyday, and look at him.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

Busted wrote:
How...how do they do it? No idea, HOW THE HELL DO THEY DO IT? How do they manage to not attack someone with their breath? Oh wait maybe they do, but it can't kill them. So maybe it isn't such a big deal for them? It's only a big deal for us? Nah you just have to be lucky with finding a person that is willing to accept you despite the fact you have chronic halitosis.

Serious wfr, have you found that someone would love you less, because of your bad breath?

Plz say no [-o<
i guess i can't say that anybody who truly cares about me or even likes me do it less because i have bb. it's more like people who don't really know me might stay away because they either feel awkward talking to me (and probably also sensing my awkwardness in some cases), or doesn't want to talk to me because of what they smell.

so i guess the answer is no, busted. but sometimes i do feel like i should minimize talking even with those who love me so that they won't get fed up with the odor.

and it's more like how my bb has affected my personality and my view of life that makes me feel would make people not want to deal with me. it's less about the odor itself. but how i tense up when i'm not alone because of the bb, and how i feel bad about myself - thus making me feel like i'm a negative presence in other people's lives.

so i just try to pretend to be happy all the time. but then i can't get too close to others emotionally like that, because i'm constantly hiding. i do that even with my partner to a certain extent because i feel like i can't talk about something so disgusting all the time. i know i hate thinking about it, so the logic is that who wouldn't? and that creates fear in talking about it.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Haviing bad breath doesnt make you a monster if you are a good person.
It is true, I also have friends who really enjoy stay with me despite of my BB. Maybe they just like the way I am. By nature, I am very calm and smiling person. I just like to be nice with people. I remember once my husband and I went to buy furniture to our house, we were attended by an employee who was rude and with BB. My husband said that a person with BB and rude at the same time is very difficult to tolerate. I have to admit that is true. I remember when I was child, my classmates used to figth in order to have me sinting close to them. In my adolescence, a lot of boys wanted to date with me. After starting dating, since them, I have never stayed single for more than four months despite of my shyness. Yes, I am really shy, but not only because of BB, but by nature like my sisters. But I try to compensate my shyness being kind and nice with people. So, having BB does not make me a terrible person. People still wanting to hang out with tough. I beg it is the same for many of you guys. This is what make us move on to battle for some relief. After many years trying so many things and doctors without sucess, I would be very satisfy if at least I could get some relief.[/list][/list]
BeauTiful Woman

I Know What You Mean...

Post by BeauTiful Woman »

WFR, I completely feel where you are coming from... It's like no matter how nice you are to people, and how happy you pretend to be, people can see the pain and anxiety in your eyes, and they are turned off by it. They simply can't understand where it is coming from; it's like they can see your spirit; even though you are smiling and all polished in appearence. They look into your eyes and see that your spirit is broken, and they can't figure out why, so they can't connect with you and somehow are offended by it... possibly perceiving it as rejection! It's just that we are inwardly paralyzed by fear of their rejection, but we just can't tell anyone... People are turned off by you long before they ever smell your breath...

BTW, my bad breath was passed to me from a boyfriend I had as a teen. Also, I have had men love me with my bad breath, but I just can't get comfortable around people knowing I have digustingly offensive breath... I even broke a couple of hearts when I broke up with them...(so they say.)

I don't see myself as this person, so I just can't relax and be myself... I feel like if I relax and blow my breath all over the place and accept the torment the comes along with it, then I accept this as my destiny I accept this person... as me. I simply refuse to own this problem... The real me is trapped inside, and I am determined to be set free. By Jesus' Stripes I am Healed!!

BW O:)
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i'm a pretty fun guy, and i think that's why i have several good friends..

however, ever since i've noticed my BB, i can't help but keep more to myself.. I don't say half the things i would like to say or have humorous outbursts like i used to..

i used to be a guy who would have loud reactions around my friends.. everyone likes me..
but because i know i have BB, i just can't bring myself to open my mouth, scream in a friends face.. or be silly like i used to.. it's hard, and because my discovery of BB has been in the last year, i haven't yet been beaten into a new person.. I want to be loud, crazy, funny, charming, and flirty .. I know what BB smells like, and I can't bear the thought of throwing that into a friends face.. and nothing kills a happy mood like getting subtle reactions..

i wanna be in there, arms around friends, kisssing girls on the cheek, entertaining the crowd..

chronic bad breath didn't seem real until i discovered my own problem and found this site.. before that, if someone had bad breath i figured they must be neglecting their oral hygeine.. hah.. little did i know those people are living in a nightmare everyday ..

nothing is more confidence crushing.. :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic