Your Email Address:

First Name:

why does the scent and intensity of bb fluctuate?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff

why does the scent and intensity of bb fluctuate?

Post by ruch »

does this happen to others as well?

my bb changes every so often throughout the month. on some days, it is worse and on other days, it is a bit better. the worse days are when nothing helps at all and at other times, it is a bit better and some rinses will help a little bit. sometimes it changes every few days, sometimes every few weeks.

why is this and what is it connected to?

btw, i am female so i wonder if it is related to changing hormones n my body throughout my menstrual cycle... but sometimes i find that the changes are not always consistent.

about 2 weeks ago, my bb was not as bad and using products like chlorophyll helped. starting from a few days ago, it got extremely bad and fecal.. and absolutely nothing helps whatsoever. usually it will get better for like 5 min to 30 min after i brush, floss, irrigate, use neti pot, use rinses, etc.. basically, whatever routine i am doing at the time. right now, even doing these things doesn't help at all, not even for 5 min. my breath also changed in scent and got fecal. at other times, it has tasted/smelled different.. e.g. sour, stale, etc.

also, strangely, my breath gets worse throughout the day.. it's bad in the morning but after i brush, eat, use a rinse, it gets a bit better. then it just gets worse throughout the day, even though i brush and use a rinse after all meals, etc. it is also sometimes worse after i eat and after chewing gum (the gum helps mask it at first, but after i spit the gum out, it's worse).

anyone know why this is?
Last edited by ruch on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

yes, what you have listed, I experience the same.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

tibya, are you male or female?
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Female
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

same over here...male

doesn´t fluctuate that much any more, cause my breath isn´t that bad, as it has been.

but i always wondered too, how this could be. my experience was, that my breath strongly depends on the things I eat. since than i started to eat food that ensured a better breath (mainly based on raw vegetables, potatoes, no sugar, less meat, less protein in general...) after months in doing so the breath got much better and the fluctuations don´t hit out that much anymore.
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

Male or Female doesn´t matter. But yeah I am a male and I have fluctuations too. That explains why 2 people with BB can´t smell eachother sometimes.

And I think it´s the stomach that is trolling with us, not the tongue.
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

ThisSucks wrote: And I think it´s the stomach that is trolling with us, not the tongue.
I used to think that also. But now I know the tongue is where the bad breath odor is coming from. The odor may originate from the stomach, but the bad breath smell is more affected by the tongue. Anyone can prove this to themselves by performing the following test.

Take the backside of a spoon and touch the very back of your tongue with it for 10 seconds. Then take the spoon out of your mouth and let it sit for 30 seconds. Now smell the spoon. It smells like toe jam for most people who do this test.

It is a very shocking test. Only do the test if you can handle the results. It may make you depressed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic