Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone have any experiences with probiotics??????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Susie
Sheriff

Anyone have any experiences with probiotics??????

Post by Susie »

The reason I ask this is b/c in the past I have tried several different brands of probiotics and no changes except with a few that gave me an extreme stomach ache(not a good change). The other day I started my 3 y/o son on probiotics b/c he is always constipated and I read that would help. So I decided I would also take them. They are a children's brand called Budddy Bear and they are chewable and instead of chewing them I decided I was going to suck on them. After just a few days I'm noticing my mouth tastes cleaner. And when I drink water the water taste different. Does this mean my breath is fresher??? I couldn't tell you cause I have no reliable soure, but it does taste better. Awhile back I took another chewable probiotic but didn't suck on it just chewed it and swallowed and got zero results. This probiotic had the following ingredients: L. acidophilu, L. rhamnosus, L.salivarius, L lactis ssp. lactis, Lhelveticus, S. thermophilus, B. bifidum The buddy bear probiotic has the following ingredients: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidus, Bifdobacterium infantis

I'm not sure if this is helping me or not, but I would love to hear anyone's story about probiotics.

badbrath

Post by badbrath »

First time i ever took probiotics was way back 2009 i guess. well i had two side effects one was stomach ache/cramps and i had two bowel movements per day. I dont remember if it has helped to make my breath fresher. this probiotic i took was enteric coated,consists of 8 strains of probiotic and CFU counts was 10billion something like that. very expensive in my country almost 1dollar per pill! then 2nd time i bought this PB8now probiotic via online,dont noticed any effects with this probiotic probably cause it wasnt enteric coated. 8strains and 14billion.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

One probiotic that I take now is vsl#3. I've been taking them regularly for a litle over a year now and I find that they help decreasing the bb. At first i had health coverage and i was able to get the double strength dose through my insurance. Since i lost my coverage i've been buying the regular strength one online. It's not cheap, but in my opinion it's worth taking for my bb.
I've tried different types of probiotics in the past; none of them with the same effect as the vsl#3.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

One bag contains 450 billion so it is probably good, strong stuff. Maybe I should take and try it out but it is as you say Jess, they are not cheap =(
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

I take them on and off. I first began taking them back in January, I think.
Didn't experience a difference in my bb, but I did experience a difference in my digestive system. My stools were more frequent and more healthy looking. I began to double them up, back in March, and I'd take both of them in the morning when I'd first wake up, before eating anything. They gave me quite a bit of gas too. Gas that smelled like boiled eggs. I stopped taking them, but I'm gonna start back today, I guess. I take the
"Sundown" kind.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

MissPretty wrote:One bag contains 450 billion so it is probably good, strong stuff. Maybe I should take and try it out but it is as you say Jess, they are not cheap =(
That's right. And the double strength one which is available through prescription only (I believe) contain 900 billion bacteria per sachet.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Lately I was thinking about probiotics... Are they not a scam? Do they really do ANYTHING?? Has anyone ever truly gotten benefit from them or has it always just been a vague positive notion?

Why is it there aren't probiotics available that are strong enough to give me all the abcteria non BB people have?? Why doesn't it work?? Why does it have a slight effect of somekind, but only while it's in your system? It's not colonizing in the least, and I'm curious as to why that is.
VICKSTER
Advanced

VSL# 3

Post by VICKSTER »

Hey, Mike,
I spent $100.00 on VSL# 3, a medical grade probiotic. I have taken it for one month everyday..... NOTHING Happened !!! Probitics do not help ,, sorry to say. The best one I tried was from the drug store and I paid 22.00 for it and it came recommened highly from Consumer Labs was" Advantage" ( pretty sure that was the name ). Then there is a form of Probiotics on Mercola's web site that he contends is better for colonization. I would check out his website.
I heard this on Doctor Oz, if you have parasites eat papya seeds and a tablespoon of honey every days for 10 days to get rid of the parasites. So you can check that out at doctor web site.
Take care Mike, you are in my prayers.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I tried the VSL #3 as well.. I feel like Probiotics should do something and be something worth taking, but they really don't, and aren't, are they?

Amongst us here, we've probably spent tens of thousands of dollars on Probiotics... And has it helped any of us??

Thanks Vickster. About the Closys, I'm not so sure it would make the breath even worse, but I wonder if it's doing much of anything other than the old placebo effect.

I would give so much to have that good smelling breath some people do.. Where is the research?? Where's the real BB studies? Surely for a few thousand dollars some pretty solid research and examination could be done on at least one patient with chronic bad breath. Find out WHY that guy has bad breath. Discover, very specifically, the reason why. Is it in the mouth.. is it really bacteria.. Is the gut involved. How much does the tongue, or a tongue coating change this individuals breath, if at all. If this person stopped brushing his tongue, does his breath get better? If they increase his saliva flow, does the bad breath cease?

have you guys heard of Kickstarter?? That's what we need. A BB study kickstarter powered by donation dollars. If we were promised real results as far as examination goes and learning more about BB of specific types of people, we could stop wasting money on on these dumb cures and figure out the god damn problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic