Your Email Address:

First Name:

50th Birthday and Depressed

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HopefulOne
Advanced

50th Birthday and Depressed

Post by HopefulOne »

I can barely write this through my tears. It's my 50th birthday and I'm soooo depressed. I can still pass for my 30's but what difference does it make because I still STINK. My breath smells worst right now than it ever has....why? Because I have been taking every supplement recommended for bad breath. Right now I have a terrible head and tummy ache because I took massive dosages of vitamin B6 and zinc in a final attempt to be fresh for my 50th. I GIVE UP!! I have done all I can do. I am tired of getting my hopes up for a cure only to fail. I have spent soooo much money over the past few months for nothing. Some things worked for a few days and then my breath took over again. I'm starting to realize my hospital cure came from a blood transfusion. I was fresh until my own system took over the donated blood. I probably have some unknown bloodbourne disease and therefore no cure.

Since waking up this morning I have been replaying in my head all of the negative comments ever said about my breath. Even recently we had friends over and my boyfriend had too much to drink. He started loudly singing a song adding his own words....which ended with "hopefulone" needs LISTERINE. Needless to say, I was mortified. This was the first time he has ever mentioned anything about my breath. He apologized profusely the next morning, but I will never forget and soon he will be HISTORY. I am giving my engagement ring back to him real soon because our sex life stinks thanks to my breath. What good is sex with no kissing?? I think I need to be alone in my misery.

Well Happy Birthday to me and my wish is for all of you young people to find a cure. I don't want you to go through years of this hell with missed opportunities and no happiness.

aues
Master

Post by aues »

I was fresh until my own system took over the donated blood. I probably have some unknown bloodbourne disease and therefore no cure.
Don't focus on this idea. It's very likely bullshit and has nothing to do with your bad breath.

Do something proper like visiting dentists and doctors.

Look at the success stories on this board. Wish you all the best.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Omg! Hope, I'm so sorry to hear that.... I can't even imagine how embarrassing that must have been in front of everyone. What an a**hole! I think the majority of us on this thread have perfect oral hygiene. Most of us are at a lost bc we have been to dentist and told everything orally is fine, most of us are here bc we exhausted every effort and still have bb. Don't discredit bloodbourne halitosis because that's just like discrediting TMAU, it's all related. There's a cure out there we just have to keep trying. Sorry to hear about your day....but Happy Birthday anyways!
aues
Master

Post by aues »

hali_grl wrote:think the majority of us on this thread have perfect oral hygiene. Most of us are at a lost bc we have been to dentist and told everything orally is fine, most of us are here bc we exhausted every effort and still have bb.
Yeah. For example because the most dentists are to ****ing stupid to consider wisdom teeth as possible cause.
hali_grl wrote:Don't discredit bloodbourne halitosis because that's just like discrediting TMAU, it's all related.
Of course I believe in TMAU. And I believe that there are conditions that are unknown today which might also trigger bad breath.
But I don't buy into the thinking that most of us would have something that's medically unknown. Most of the people in the board can be treated quite easily - the problem is that it's hard to find the cause.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

im only 16. lol. My life has already turned to shit. Cant wait to get to 50 and be even more depressed. Im thinking of joining the Artillery Core in the Australian army soon. Hopefully I will die there.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

HO: This is just heartbreaking! I'm sorry you're going through this, especially on your BD. No one should have to go through this. This bb thing is just too frustrating; it's a mystery. No matter what we do it always comes back. Why can't these know-it-all doctors out there find at least the cause. It's obvious it's a real problem for us; we're not just crazy and it's not just "in our heads" as many of them want us to believe...sighhh
Better days will come HO
aues
Master

Post by aues »

DanielPine wrote:im only 16. lol. My life has already turned to shit. Cant wait to get to 50 and be even more depressed. Im thinking of joining the Artillery Core in the Australian army soon. Hopefully I will die there.
Go see doctors. Your life could start some weeks from now in case you would do this.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

aues wrote: Go see doctors. Your life could start some weeks from now in case you would do this.
Aues, have you seen doctors and are you cured?? I've seen many different doctors and had more ops and procedures you could imagine and I STILL stink.

Daniel, that doesn't mean I say give up. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who can be cured easily.

Hopefulone, have you heard of the prayer of relinquishment? I'm at that stage of my life. I just gave up, surrendered the fight and for the first time in decades I experience peace. Maybe I'll feel like fighting again later on! But for now, I need rest. I was destroying myself, body and mind, with emotional pain and stress.

I would like to mention here that Corsodyl mouthwash gives me lots of relief, but it stains your teeth something horrible. I use it on and off.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

jen wrote:
aues wrote: Go see doctors. Your life could start some weeks from now in case you would do this.
Aues, have you seen doctors and are you cured?? I've seen many different doctors and had more ops and procedures you could imagine and I STILL stink.
I had more than 40 visits to doctors/dentists because of bad breath.
The doctors tested a lot. The always said that I seem to be as healthy as one could be. They couldn't explain what's wrong with me. Some were quite dismissive.

In the end I had done tonsillectomy even though several doctors said that my tonsils would be healthy. My ENT said that they don't look great, but there wouldn't be an urgent need to get them out. Post-operational examination showed that there was a medical necessity to get them out.

Furthermore I took metronidazole and I got my wisdom teeth out. I am cured.

This is my thread.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Hopefulone,
Can you say Lorraina Bobbit? LOL Happy Birthday!!!
Rorsach
Total Newbie

Re: 50th Birthday and Depressed

Post by Rorsach »

HopefulOne wrote:I can barely write this through my tears...
After suffering from chronic fecal malodor for the past 40 years without finding anything to relieve it, having tried the entire tired litany of remedies, I've developed some strategies to keep myself sane and functioning and even enjoying much of what life has to offer.

1. You have a mind, now is the time to explore it. Learn to love reading, creativity in art, crafts and hobbies, exploring nature, etc.

2. You can be a contributing citizen and be engaged in the issues of our day in forums and other online venues. Participation of this sort is armor against the sense of social isolation.

3. You are a sovereign sentient independent human who does not need other people to verify your sense of innate self-worth. Don't let other people and social interaction define who you are and what you can accomplish.

4. Be defiant. When performing normal life interactions, shopping, errands, chores and favors, just pop some gum in your mouth to let people know you are aware of the problem and are doing what you can, bulldoze your way through with a smile on your face in spite of the horror you may feel when people react. I'm often surprised by the respect that can be generated in some people who can empathize with our struggle. The others aren't worth our worry. If I'm in an elevator or bus or other close quarters, I take a line from "Midnight Cowboy" and think "F*** you, I'm walking here..." or "I have to deal with it 24/7, you can freaking deal with it for 2 minutes".

5. Did I already mention- you have a mind? This is really important, people. You have this marvelous instrument that has put man on the Moon and is capable of infinite self-amplification. Not feeding our heads what they need is what is wrong with the world. The world is a mess because we keep ourselves stupid. Needlessly. When is the last time you spend an entire Winter Saturday chasing down links in Wikipedia just for the fun of it? I'll tell you straight up that my best friends are literary or historic people that I've read about and admire. I have lots of close friends and interact socially on a regular basis because I'm well versed in topical issues, care about fixing a broken society, know a bit about art and literature and hang out with other people who read and think about things other than club hopping singles bars or finding a partner or living a life defined by the pages of Vogue or Playboy.

6. Dating is not impossible. There are lots of venues where you can meet other handicapped people (yes, we are handicapped like anyone in a wheelchair or missing limbs) and lots of people who can tolerate bad breath in others are out there.

I'm sure other members of the forum can add to this list of coping mechanisms.
deebo

rorsach

Post by deebo »

Rorsach , that is a great and very helpful post .
When you post , you really seem to make it count !

Thanks for that .
aues
Master

Post by aues »

@Rorsach: I appreciate your post. While I do think that it's all correct what you have written I want to urge everyone not to think of themselves as being incurable. Go down every possible road. Don't even start to think about things like TMAU when you still have got wisdom teeth, tonsils or haven't done a CT of your sinuses.
Why we shouldn't eat eggs or egg-products for ethical reasons.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Great post Rorsach.
BB is like a monster to the sufferer, but in reality and to those around the sufferer, it's "only a smell".
It's a monster that tries to take over our minds, and it does so with ease.

There was a time in my life where I began to learn to live and accept my BB and started giving BB less and and less thought. I did this purely because I accepted BB as something I was born to have like the rest of my defects. There are other parts of us that stink, but we accept those because it applies to us all. BB is different because to the ignorant, it's associated with lack of personal hygiene and laziness and stupidity - all things which decent people strive hard to show they are NOT.

But putting effort into thinking more about the blessings we do have, the monster becomes less and less significant, that's for sure.
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

halitosisux wrote:Great post Rorsach.
BB is like a monster to the sufferer, but in reality and to those around the sufferer, it's "only a smell".
It's a monster that tries to take over our minds, and it does so with ease.

There was a time in my life where I began to learn to live and accept my BB and started giving BB less and and less thought. I did this purely because I accepted BB as something I was born to have like the rest of my defects. There are other parts of us that stink, but we accept those because it applies to us all. BB is different because to the ignorant, it's associated with lack of personal hygiene and laziness and stupidity - all things which decent people strive hard to show they are NOT.

But putting effort into thinking more about the blessings we do have, the monster becomes less and less significant, that's for sure.
Nice Post Man. I needed a morale boost like that. Saved it in a notepad file.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic