Your Email Address:

First Name:

How about development of a facial mask, low key

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

I remember watching a prime-time television reality show called the next greatest inventor or something like that last year.

One guy invented filtered sheets that cover the opening of each nostril that would work the same as a mask but you couldn't see the sheets unless you look very closely. This would help keep nasal bad breath sufferers from filling up rooms.

He was using it for allergy sufferers, but it may work for bad breath.

Maybe doing some google searches might help you find more information about this product.

thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Halitosisux - I like your idea about the tongue, you should try for it. I found a site with a product that claims to block halitosis odors, among other odors. Even used for hunting to block outbound breath odor. Link below.
http://www.flat-d.com/maskd.html
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

thissux wrote:Sorry to hit this again, but right now I am on the phone with 3M to see if they carry one that would "keep smells in". Their phone in the states is 1-800-328-1667 option 1 for the masks and environmental stuff. I feel like a jerk calling but I am going to ask. Anyone else that wants to call, feel free to. Maybe this will get something going on a product specific for us.
haha I love you dude. I haven't read this thread yet.

But, no I have not gotten to the point where I can just slap this thing on. It's an 8210 N95.

Glad to see some of you guys agree that a discreet mask might become acceptable if we make it.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Cool, maybe this will become kind of trendy. It sounds like a great opportunity for an enterpeneur also.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Elliot - I am working with them. I am at the point of putting something on my face if I can go into public. BTW I am a woman. Would you be willing to try it with me? I have talked to two companies. I am not playing here.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

thissux wrote:Elliot - I am working with them. I am at the point of putting something on my face if I can go into public. BTW I am a woman. Would you be willing to try it with me? I have talked to two companies. I am not playing here.
I apologize for my presumption.

Honestly, no, I am not quite ready for the full fight yet. I've got some ideas, yeh... but I have to make sure I can eat food everyday first.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

I don't think a tongue cover could ever pass safety standards due to the risk of choking unless it could be attached via the teeth like a brace
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Elliot and all. These are those type of masks that are easily put on and taken off. Kind of like dust masks, but with a filtering system. I know some want us to stand tall. I do, yet sometimes I'd like to go somewhere without the stares and nose rubs. For all people know, I have allergies or need to protect my sinus. I do not care what they thing, hell, if I don't stink, I can go anywhere. I want the cure, but in the meantime, can't I take a break? Can't I go to the store and say hi to the cashier without her rubbing her nose or frowning at me? Maybe I'd like to go to church without stinking up the whole place.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Seanlee - yes, business opportunity if you will. Particularly if the mask is refined for people like us. Who knows? Make a whole lotta money while helping people at the same time. Check out the link I listed "flat-d" they specialize in certain odors. I just ordered their mask today. They discontinued the old one that keeps odors in, but I think they have one more and I told them of our problem. They also make products for people that pass gas alot. Carbon filters. If you order the mask, tell them why and that you want to disc. item. I am going to test mine out. I have ordered one from 3M and one from Flat-D. Flat-D seems more specialized.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I mean tell them you want the older model. The one that keeps odors in.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Gooner, you're probably right there.

Maybe if there are any doctors or researchers reading this, could there be some kind of system developed to hold something like this securely in place? People wear tongue studs for fashion reasons. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I have quite literally set about cutting my tongue OUT once, but I settled for burning the top skin off. Nobody who hasn't had to live with this problem can understand how devastating it is. There's not much I wouldn't have done to get rid of my BB.

Two small studs near the front of the tongue could be used to securely anchor such a "tongue cover" along with an adhesive to keep it pressed onto the tongue so that speech is not impaired. A sheet of specially made silicone could be custom made for each patient, which would extend to the farthest point of the tongue dorsum.

I can't imagine this being any less safe than a person having to live with this mental torture.

We have this whole industry of mouthwashes and CRAP, that's why nobody bothers to innovate - jimi is spot on about that - yes this mask idea is ridiculous, but it's an innovation that could make so much difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic