Your Email Address:

First Name:

Back of tongue odor causes and corrections

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Source

Post by Source »

Thanks for the response.

Another question, if you don't mind me asking.

When you used to brush with a regular toothpaste, did you ever experience a milky/white jelly-like substance about 20-30 minutes after brushing, around your gum line and cheeks?

Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

Source wrote:Thanks for the response.

Another question, if you don't mind me asking.

When you used to brush with a regular toothpaste, did you ever experience a milky/white jelly-like substance about 20-30 minutes after brushing, around your gum line and cheeks?
Yes, I have noticed the same thing with regular toothpaste. I have been trying to figure out which ingredient would cause that milky white substance. It may be the sodium lauryl sulfate or possibly flouride.

I don't have that residue anymore after doing the all natural salt toothpaste that doesn't contain the sodium lauryl sulfate or flouride.

I believe regular toothpaste may be a significant cause of bad breath for some people. It also can dry out the mouth.

I am highly against brushing or scraping the tongue because that can cause dead skin cells to be released in the mouth which bacteria feed off of.

I do recommend flossing once or twice a day.
Source

Post by Source »

Good god man! I have been asking people this very same question for years on-and-off. Everyone said no, they don't experience that milky jelly-like substance.

Whatever you are suffering from, my case might be very similar.

I am going to have to give this brown rice diet a try. I already dread having to eat that, and just that. But hey, I'd give anything to be BB free.

Please stay on longer and keep updating us on the progress. I really appreciate it man.
daan

Post by daan »

Brad, May I ask you some questions? just to see if some more symtoms are as yours

Does your BB free when you got flu and have runny nose?
and also when you use antibiotics?

and

Does your BB worse when you gargle with salt water which is very good for non BB people?

Hope to receive your reply. Thank you!
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

daan wrote:Brad, May I ask you some questions? just to see if some more symtoms are as yours

Does your BB free when you got flu and have runny nose?
and also when you use antibiotics?

and

Does your BB worse when you gargle with salt water which is very good for non BB people?

Hope to receive your reply. Thank you!
I haven't used any antibiotics in years, so I don't know if they change my breath or not.

I had a runny nose for 3 days recently, and it didn't change my breath. My mucous was very clear and not thick. It was almost like water.

On the other hand, years ago, when my bad breath was strong, I had thicker mucous.

I haven't tried gargling with salt water recently. But last year when my bad breath was the worst, I remember trying to gargle with salt water which made my bad breath MUCH worse.
daan

Post by daan »

Brad123 wrote:
I haven't used any antibiotics in years, so I don't know if they change my breath or not.

I had a runny nose for 3 days recently, and it didn't change my breath. My mucous was very clear and not thick. It was almost like water.

On the other hand, years ago, when my bad breath was strong, I had thicker mucous.

I haven't tried gargling with salt water recently. But last year when my bad breath was the worst, I remember trying to gargle with salt water which made my bad breath MUCH worse.
Thank Brad,

Maybe some of the systems you may not have experienced. But I think my case is just as you. I have sufferred BB for more than 10 years and now I'm 27.

I am going on brown rice diet today. Do you think we shoud have some more vegetables?And how long should we keep this diet?

Please keep us updated, thank you godman!
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

daan wrote: I am going on brown rice diet today. Do you think we should have some more vegetables?And how long should we keep this diet?
I would start first with the brown rice, salt, olive oil, and fish all mixed together. If you can eliminate the tongue odor with this combination, then you can start introducing other foods like vegetables, fruits, etc.

Make sure to check the back of your tongue for odors everyday and eliminate any foods that increase the odor and keep the foods that decrease the odor.

Also, try to eat short grain brown rice and not the long grain. The reason is because the short grain taste better than the long grain version.

I will start eating other foods soon.

Try to get your rice from California or other countries if you can, since some of the southern United States states may have some arsenic in it from the soil. I have seen some reports of this in the news. It may or may not be something to worry about for adults.

Always try to stay away from all dairy products, creams, cheeses, onions, garlic, and also beans. These still can increase my bad breath.
Harry_2K
Junior

Olive oil?

Post by Harry_2K »

Hi Brad, could that be because of olive oil and the salt toothpaste that you use?
Brad123

Re: Olive oil?

Post by Brad123 »

Harry_2K wrote:Hi Brad, could that be because of olive oil and the salt toothpaste that you use?
That is a possibility. Oil pulling and salt treatments have been used to treat white tongues. There are many success stories online.
daan

Post by daan »

Brad123 wrote: Also, try to eat short grain brown rice and not the long grain. The reason is because the short grain taste better than the long grain version.

I will start eating other foods soon.

Try to get your rice from California or other countries if you can, since some of the southern United States states may have some arsenic in it from the soil. I have seen some reports of this in the news. It may or may not be something to worry about for adults.

Always try to stay away from all dairy products, creams, cheeses, onions, garlic, and also beans. These still can increase my bad breath.
Actually, I had low-cab diet one week before I started this brown rice diet, and my breath became worse after one day I ate carbohydrate again this Saturday. So I stopped and continued my low-cab, no sugar diet.

Maybe brown rice diet does not work for me. Salty toothpaste does not too. Ooh, why am I not like you while many of our symtoms are the same?

I intend to try metronidazole this month end. Have you used it, Brad?
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

daan wrote: Actually, I had low-cab diet one week before I started this brown rice diet, and my breath became worse after one day I ate carbohydrate again this Saturday. So I stopped and continued my low-cab, no sugar diet.

Maybe brown rice diet does not work for me. Salty toothpaste does not too. Ooh, why am I not like you while many of our symtoms are the same?

I intend to try metronidazole this month end. Have you used it, Brad?
I would be cautious with metronidazole or any other chemical. I have read of cases where the person stopped taking it after it got rid of the bad breath, and then the breath became even stronger after that. The bacteria may become more populated as a way of survival instinct. This may possibly be a permanent increase in bad breath.

I have read of a couple of cures from it, so it is a gamble.

You only tried the brown rice diet for one day. I would try it for two weeks. Make sure you eat fish and oil also. Keep checking the back of your tongue. It should not smell anymore or much less after two weeks. It takes two weeks to start changing your body chemistry. This doesn't happen overnight.

I am not for sure how you diagnose your bad breath. But, I would only recommend checking your bad breath by checking for the odor at the back of the tongue. This is currently the most accurate way home check for type 1 bad breath. Don't base your diagnosis of bad breath on other people's reactions.

If you don't get results after two weeks, then you may have another one of the five types of bad breath.

Also don't brush or scrape your tongue, don't use mouthwash, brush your teeth after each meal, and try to floss once or twice a day.

Keep me posted on your progress.
daan

Post by daan »

Brad123 wrote:
I would be cautious with metronidazole or any other chemical. I have read of cases where the person stopped taking it after it got rid of the bad breath, and then the breath became even stronger after that. The bacteria may become more populated as a way of survival instinct. This may possibly be a permanent increase in bad breath.

I have read of a couple of cures from it, so it is a gamble.

You only tried the brown rice diet for one day. I would try it for two weeks. Make sure you eat fish and oil also. Keep checking the back of your tongue. It should not smell anymore or much less after two weeks. It takes two weeks to start changing your body chemistry. This doesn't happen overnight.

I am not for sure how you diagnose your bad breath. But, I would only recommend checking your bad breath by checking for the odor at the back of the tongue. This is currently the most accurate way home check for type 1 bad breath. Don't base your diagnosis of bad breath on other people's reactions.

If you don't get results after two weeks, then you may have another one of the five types of bad breath.

Also don't brush or scrape your tongue, don't use mouthwash, brush your teeth after each meal, and try to floss once or twice a day.

Keep me posted on your progress.
At the back of my tongue, also there are frothy/bubble saliva that I think is the waste of anaerobic bacterias. The more frothy, the more BB it is. Do you experience the same Brad?

I am now going on suger free diet, take vitamin C and going to try Metrodinazol this month end as I have no correction like you. I will keep all of you updated
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

daan wrote:
Brad123 wrote: At the back of my tongue, also there are frothy/bubble saliva that I think is the waste of anaerobic bacterias. The more frothy, the more BB it is. Do you experience the same Brad?

I am now going on suger free diet, take vitamin C and going to try Metrodinazol this month end as I have no correction like you. I will keep all of you updated
I have not experienced the frothy/bubble saliva at the back of the tongue.

Does the back of your tongue smell with the finger or spoon test?

Metrodinazol may permanently alter your mouth bacterial population for the better or worse. I would suggest trying alternatives to this first. Ultimately you need to get rid of this bad breath. Just be careful.
daan

Post by daan »

Brad123 wrote:
I have not experienced the frothy/bubble saliva at the back of the tongue.

Does the back of your tongue smell with the finger or spoon test?

Metrodinazol may permanently alter your mouth bacterial population for the better or worse. I would suggest trying alternatives to this first. Ultimately you need to get rid of this bad breath. Just be careful.
You're right. Maybe I have to try all other alternatives and leave Metro the last.

Does your brown rice diet still keep you good?

I do have bad smell at the back of my tongue with finger and spoon while the other places in my mouth sometimes smell and sometimes not, depending on the level of smell of my tongue
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

daan wrote:
Brad123 wrote: Does your brown rice diet still keep you good?

I do have bad smell at the back of my tongue with finger and spoon while the other places in my mouth sometimes smell and sometimes not, depending on the level of smell of my tongue
Yes, this diet keeps my tongue from smelling. There is sometimes a very faint smell. Overall, it is 90 to 100% improved.

Try a different combination of food everyday and see which combination reduces your tongue odor. Keep experimenting with different foods. Eventually you may find a combination of foods that works for you. Everyone may have a different combination.

There is a book out called eat right for your blood type. It says some people need a carbohydrate diet while other people need a protein diet depending on their blood type.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic