Your Email Address:

First Name:

h Pylori Positive!!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HopefulOne
Advanced

h Pylori Positive!!!!

Post by HopefulOne »

Well I saw my doctor on Tuesday and demanded the H Pylori Test. I told him all the symptoms of H Pylori I read on the Internet. I even told him my sister tested positive....I lied. He gave me the blood test and the stool test. Last night he emailed me the results and they were both POSITIVE.

I am picking up my antibiotics tomorrow....WISH ME LUCK!!! GET TESTED EVERYBODY.

HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Here are a list of H Pylori symptoms. Some your doctor may not know about. I have every symptom on the list except Sinus problems. I did not know H Pylori could affect your hormones For years I have been attacking this problem ALL wrong. I had pieces of the puzzle but never put them all together. I am PISSED at the medical profession. My life has been F@#KED UP OVER A TREATABLE STOMACH BUG??? GET TESTED!!!

Group One (classic H pylori symptoms)
Abdominal Pain
Acid reflux / Heartburn
Anaemia
Bad Breath
Chest Pain
Constipation
Diarrhoea
Gastritis
Nausea & Vomiting

Group Two (non-classic H pylori symptoms)
Anxiety
Depression
Fatigue / Low Energy
Headaches / Migraines
PMS
Sinus Problems
Skin: Urticaria. Rosacea, Hives, etc.
Sleep Problems
Weight Gain
Weight Loss
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I really want you YOUNG PEOPLE to understand the magnitude of my anger. I am 50 and retired from my excellent Federal job on disability. My symptoms depression, foggy brain, lack of concentration, joint pains, unexplained fevers, hives, pms, low libido, Halitosis, etc etc. From what I'm reading, all of my symptoms can be attributable to H Pylori, BUT DOCTOR'S DON"T KNOW THIS. They were ready to diagnose me with fibromyagia!!

I would have been making 6 figures right now. I LOVED MY JOB!! And now I make 40% of my income and I can't go back. NOT TO MENTION ALL MY FAILED MARRIAGES AND RELATIONSHIPS DUE TO BAD BREATH!!! GET TESTED AND RULE OUT H PYLORI PLEASE!!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Have a look at this website:-
http://www.helico.com/
Founded by Dr. Barry Marshall himself. Everything you need to know if you don't already know it.

http://www.helico.com/?q=Therapies
http://www.helico.com/?q=TreatmentForHelicobacterPylori

Good luck!
mostlylogical

Post by mostlylogical »

I remember it was being speculated that calculus(dental) or dental dentures might be one of the possible secret reserves(that antibiotics can't reach) for H.pylori in human body.So you might want to make sure that your dental hygene is perfect before you start taking antibiotics.

Good luck!

EDIT: here is the thread it was speculated in
viewtopic.php?t=4852&highlight=calculus+pylori
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

In most cases H.Pylori magically reappears or never fully goes away after the antibiotics treatment.

What you have to do for 1 month after the treatment is written here:

viewtopic.php?t=4851

Don't underestimate this. Don't think: Pfft I don't need that, antibiotics will do the trick.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

I hope your treatment helps with your bad breath. I recommend asking for the 1 day treatment.

Hali_grl posted the article about it: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0201/p351.html

The 1 day treatment has the most eradication rate at 95%.

As for me I am going to get a blood test soon for h. pylori. Although I suspect maybe my problem is from liver damage I need to rule out h. pylori first.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

thanks for the tips guys!! The doctor ordered the helidac treatment...bismuth, flagyl, tetracycline plus a PPI. The pharmacy had to special order it. I'm going out of town so I will start the treatment upon my return.

I'm flying out tomorrow so In the meantime I've been taking 1200 mg monolaurin
twice a day with chewable pepto bismol tablets. I'm fresh enough to get on the plane.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Oh Hopefulone,

I am SO hoping and praying this is your cure!! I believe it will be. Enjoy every moment =D>
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Did you also have room filling nasal odor, and bad taste and smell from back of your throat?

That's some of the symptoms I have along with other things.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Im gonna go to the Doctors and demand to be tested for this H Pylori. I have halitosis through both mouth and nose which is room filling ](*,)
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Are you cured?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

Let us know how your treatment works.

I don't think I have h.pylori if those are the symptoms though... I don't have most of them..
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I'm on my 3rd day of Quadruple therapy with minimal side effects. The tongue coat and bad breath disappeared after the 2nd day. I am also taking Manuka Honey 16+ (purchased from my local Wegmans for 24.99) twice a day and I also eat 2 oz of broccolli sprouts per day (google the studies). I take no other supplements as directed by my Doctor. I have 11 more days of antibiotics. Afterwards I have Florastor and Jarro-Dophilus to replenesh my good bacteria.

I'm trying so hard to keep positive as I have run out of options. I have no tonsils, wisdom teeth, and don't have PND or sinus issues. Please keep me in your prayers and positive thoughts!!!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Sorry to open an old thread but did it work?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic