Your Email Address:

First Name:

tonsillectomy was a good idea!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

tonsillectomy was a good idea!

Post by ihatebacteria123 »

I reported my bb came back sometime after second week of tonsillectomy and adenoidllectomy. It was bad for about 4 days, but that was because the areas I had my surgery still had scabs and I wasn't completely recovered. After about 3 weeks, my breath seemed to good. I didn't want to post immediately about the news, so I waited a month more. Now, I still have bad breath but I can say my breath has remarkably got better than before surgery. I'm thinking I'm still not completely cured because I have post nasal drip and I probably need to get some of the lingual tonsils out too. I really have no regrets about the surgery. It has made my problem much more manageable.

So to everyone including Mel Rosenberg, taking tonsils out makes a big difference! I don't know how Mr. Rosneberg came up with the figure only 7% of bad breath is caused by tonsils. The pattern is becoming more and more obvious that tonsils are the main culprit causing bad breath.

noptical
God

Re: tonsillectomy was a good idea!

Post by noptical »

ihatebacteria123 wrote:To to everyone including Mel Rosenberg, taking tonsils out makes a big difference! I don't know how Mr. Rosneberg came up with the figure only 7% of bad breath is caused by tonsils. The pattern is becoming more and more obvious that tonsils are the main culprit causing bad breath.
I think he meant that of bb sufferers only 7% has tonsils as the cause (i think it was even less).

good to hear you are doing well
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

I'm so happy for you. Living with bb is h*ll. I'm glad you found some relief. Here's hoping that others can find relief with these surguries.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

did you go on an antibiotic after surgery?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Also did you ask more than one person how your breath smells? Because post nasal drip doesnt always mean bad breath.

Which of these you had before and you dont have now:
1. Dry mouth
2. White coating (gunk) on the tongue
3. Sinus problems
4. Frequent nasal obstructions

Thanks

Now I wonder was it the tonsilectomy that helped or the adenoidectomy... or both?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I feel like my tonsil area is the source of my BB. I sometimes clamp my throat with my hands and appply pressure while sucking upwards. That's where I can feel the very essence of the nasty bacteria and the taste of tonsil stones. A very sour and rotten chemical sensation. It's as if everything builds up right there.

I have been considering tonsilectomy for awhile and may do it before the summer. At the very least, maybe it eliminate one source. However, I am concerned that it may make matters worse.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Re: tonsillectomy was a good idea!

Post by emotional rescue »

ihatebacteria123 wrote:I reported my bb came back sometime after second week of tonsillectomy and adenoidllectomy. It was bad for about 4 days, but that was because the areas I had my surgery still had scabs and I wasn't completely recovered. After about 3 weeks, my breath seemed to good. I didn't want to post immediately about the news, so I waited a month more. Now, I still have bad breath but I can say my breath has remarkably got better than before surgery. I'm thinking I'm still not completely cured because I have post nasal drip and I probably need to get some of the lingual tonsils out too. I really have no regrets about the surgery. It has made my problem much more manageable.

So to everyone including Mel Rosenberg, taking tonsils out makes a big difference! I don't know how Mr. Rosneberg came up with the figure only 7% of bad breath is caused by tonsils. The pattern is becoming more and more obvious that tonsils are the main culprit causing bad breath.
Hi, when you say tonsillectomy, it means that he took you out the entire tonsils, or did you do the laser procedment??
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

The nose and throat area are both the cause. If someone suffers from post nasal drip the bacteria will spread all over your throat area and not just the tongue. The tongue you can clean, but you can't clean the inside of your throat and nor your tonsils by yourself. And I'n pretty sure that the bacteria won't go away on it's own.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Busted wrote:The nose and throat area are both the cause. If someone suffers from post nasal drip the bacteria will spread all over your throat area and not just the tongue. The tongue you can clean, but you can't clean the inside of your throat and nor your tonsils by yourself. And I'n pretty sure that the bacteria won't go away on it's own.
I just wonder if the throat area aids in trapping all of that PND, and eliminating tonsil tissues would allow more of the fluids to drain down instead of sitting and marinating and rotting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic