Your Email Address:

First Name:

My BB is getting stronger and stronger

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jc
Sheriff

Re: My BB is getting stronger and stronger

Post by jc »

elliott wrote:
To get by day to day, I just accept it. I am more worried about my underlying health ie. what is *really * causing these symptoms, rater than the actual BB.

I had this condition for 18 years & I used to think that my intestines might be rotting or something but medical tests show I`m healthy. I did have minor health issues like UTI & acid reflux but I cured both already. Unfortunately, I still stink even though my body feels much better cuz of the supplements I take.

Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Jc, what were the UTI symptoms you had?

Did you have bb and bo or just bb?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

@ Music Lady

I had itchy urination & sometimes painful. I thought it was STD that I caught in college but had several tests with different doctors that turned out negative. Some of them gave me antibiotics just to make sure but they insisted that I`m clean.
The drugs didn`t work so I had to bear with it for years until I took probiotics then oil of oregano. The probiotics & oregano were for my bb but it cured my UTI instead. I`ve been UTI free for 5 years I think, with no recurrence.

I have nasal & mouth odor. I don`t hear comments about BO so I think I don`t have it.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

slrr wrote:I don't know why little to no one ever mentioned the lungs. The air we breath go in and out directly through it, my thought is that may be our lungs got infection and there's lots of bacteria reside; so when we exhale ... you know it.
Can you tell me have you got it diagnosed?
I too have given some thought as to lungs being potential players in this BB enigma, especially if you have GERD. It is possible, especially at night, that food is traveling up your esophagus and small amounts can make it in to your lungs. Most times you will begin coughing right away, but in a sleep state you may not respond at all. I have a 2cm hiatal hernia and barrett's esophagus and if I lay flat at night, i can taste the bile when it comes up my throat. Every morning, even when i sleep sitting up, I have to cough out mucus and it doesn't smell great but gets better within an hour. A couple of weeks ago I coughed up a bit of what looked to be a pill i had taken before bed and it smelled exactly like feces and I could taste it as well (don't have tonsils). Anyway, if you have GERD for a long time and don't treat it, it will create scar tissue in your throat and possibly lungs and you may end up with Barrett's so if you have that lump feeling and lot's of mucus please make sure you don't have gerd of lpr.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

NOTANYMORE wrote: A couple of weeks ago I coughed up a bit of what looked to be a pill i had taken before bed and it smelled exactly like feces and I could taste it as well (don't have tonsils).
You're sure that wasn't a tonsil stone? Maybe it's came from higher up? Adenoids? Some other 'catch' in your oral area?
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Hey Mike,
I've had a couple of barrium swallow exams as well as 4 esophageal scopes and there was no mention of any pockets or zenkers diverticulum and I don't have adenoids. I just cough violently in the morning to get the dry mucus out of my throat. It is always yellow or green and although the mucus usually doesn't smell, if it has any solid particles in it, they smell bad. I do cough alot in the morning and at night and think it's the reflux but I've often wondered if tiny particles make it into the lungs which would explain why some of us have shit smells comming through the nose. It would be nice to have three doctors, ENT, gastro, and pulmonologist who could run all tests and coordinate results with one another. I just can't accept that fecal breath is just genetic. There has to be a physiological reason why this happens.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I read somewhere that sneezing odours might come from deep in the lungs.

If you have PND, that can slowly drain into the lungs when you sleep, and it will carry bacteria from your throat down there with the mucus and stagnate and smell.

I remember an old relative who'd had some kind of lung infection (I think it was TB) and his breath smelled like he'd just eaten a handful off mothballs.

Lungs are certainly overlooked.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

I sneeze all the time and people tend to sneeze around me.

Will put this on my list of stuff to research this week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic