Your Email Address:

First Name:

bismuth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff

bismuth

Post by ruch »

just came across this:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2005/0053556.html

anyone ever tried anything like it?

snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Did you understand the article? what are they proposing for treatment and with what?
searching
Master
Re: bismuth

Post by searching »

ruch wrote:just came across this. anyone ever tried anything like it?
Hello ruch,

Yes, for example mentioned in a 2008 post seen here.

And a 2007 post seen here.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

snoopsister wrote:Did you understand the article? what are they proposing for treatment and with what?
I usually apply this test for some patients to detect below conditions:

1- intestinal bacterial overgrowth
2- Ileocecal valve leakage
3- ilieitis
4- any disaccarit intolerance or allergy
5- to measure orocecal transit time

Ask me what you want to know about this test
- M
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Hello aydinmur,

How do you test? is this for candida or Hpylori? and what is the treatment?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

snoopsister wrote:How do you test? is this for candida or Hpylori? and what is the treatment?
Purpose of the test is to detect 5 items above listed.

Simply, Patient blows in a baloon. device connected to baloon. Reads H2 lavel in his breath.

He drinks 10 gr in 15 ml water of lactulose.
H2 level is monitorized every 20 -30 min.

upto 10 ppm H2 is normal for first ~1 hour. It must elevate after ~1 hour. This shows lactulose arrives colon. This period measured is called orocecal transit time (OCTT).
OCTT shortens if celiac disease, hiperperistaltism etc..
OCTT prolongs if decreased intestinal motility
Early piks before 30 min show duodenit, intolerance, malabsorption etc..
Late piks before 60 min show illeitis, valve leakages intestinal bacterial overgrowyth, etc..

See this picture:

Abreviations at the picture:
BABÜ= intestinal bacterial overgrowyth syndrom
Sağlıklı birey= heathly person
Kalın bağırsak = colon
ince bağırsak= Small intestine
OCTT in the picture is 84 minute

Hope this gives an idea
-M
[/img]
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Thanks for the useful information Dr. Aydin.

I see that they treated people using something called de-nol. So I think maybe pepto-bismol does not have the required amount of bismuth salt for this sort of treatment? I know some people said pepto bismol has helped somewhat.

@snoopsister - the proposed treament is to use a drug called de-nol for people who produce sulfide gases like hydrogen sulfide and are not suffering from h pylori.

Maybe this treatment is the answer for those who don't have h. pylori. We need to get tested first using the hydrogen breath test to see if we produce methane or hydrogen sulfide compunds.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

it sounds like we are getting closer to a cure
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

searching: i noticed you mentioned that your bb had abated due to going on a low carb diet. is this still the case? i am guessing not if you are still on this forum. also, do you still use pepto bismol tablets?

i find that i find something that works for a few weeks and then my bb comes back. nothing has actually lasted..

i was just given a prescription for a tetracycline rinse today (to be used 2x/day for 2 weeks). going to give that a try.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

ruch wrote:searching: i noticed you mentioned that your bb had abated due to going on a low carb diet. is this still the case? i am guessing not if you are still on this forum. also, do you still use pepto bismol tablets?
Hello ruch,

Since joining the forum in 2007, I’ve learned how to best-manage my BB. The pathway to finding the solution was not a straight line. My body’s above-average potential to produce BB is unchanged since then. The difference that has produced a good result is the difference in my oral-hygiene technique versus my original technique.

My oral-hygiene technique is now best-suited to cleaning the remaining anaerobic pockets that had formerly gone untouched, or formerly been incompletely cleaned. I believe the incomplete cleaning left an opportunity for anaerobic microbes to repopulate and re-putrefy immediately after my best attempt to obtain fresh breath. Now that I accomplish a more-thorough cleaning of all anaerobic pockets, my diet again includes all food types, carbohydrates among them.

I frequently visit this forum because I share our interest and concern in this condition. I seek the group’s wisdom and I remain interested in gaining insights that will lead to identifying and successfully treating the one, or more, root-causes of this condition.

BTW I occasionally use Pepto Bismol™. Orally-administered bismuth salts, e.g. bismuth subsalicylate, i.e. Pepto Bismol™, or bismuth subgallate, i.e. Devrom™, an internal deodorant used by colostomy patients for fecal odor control, are effective due to antimicrobial activity and sulfur binding capability.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

what is your cleaning method now, searching?

the best i can hope for is also controlling my bb. i was doing okay before but it came back about 2 or so years ago and i cannot seem to control it on any sort of longer term basis (things stop working after awhile).
searching
Master
Post by searching »

ruch wrote:what is your cleaning method now, searching?
Hello ruch,

It is detailed here.

I use the oral irrigator at its highest setting with a warm water solution of table salt & baking soda. The key to success, albeit difficult to do without gagging, is to irrigate the tonsils and surrounding area with the irrigator tongue-tip or the brush-tip. If you fail the Finkelstein finger test after you finish cleaning your mouth, i.e. the finger smells like a tonsil stone after it presses on the tonsils or surrounding area – then the oral-irrigation technique must be improved to flush and clear all anaerobic material from the tonsils and skin folds that surround that area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic