Your Email Address:

First Name:

How about trying fresh breath saliva transplant?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jiazzsy
Junior

How about trying fresh breath saliva transplant?

Post by jiazzsy »

Folks...how bout we try taking saliva of a person whose breath is fresh even without brushing...there are people who have this amazing fresh breath despite eating all the junk in the world...so maybe they have some good bacteria that we don't have. Just an idea.

Brad123

Re: How about trying fresh breath saliva transplant?

Post by Brad123 »

I think that is a great idea to try.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Go for it jiazzsy!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I'm skeptical, but supposing BB is exclusively an oral condition, and the issue is that saliva is lacking important bacteria or enzymes or whatever the case, this should at least prove to work for a few minutes.
deebo

Post by deebo »

ok ,, How can saliva alone make a long term difference ?
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Here are my two cents, look first of all saliva itself is clean and pure.
Now what causes it to stink like hell is anaerobic bacteria in your gums, lungs, stomach, tonsils., or nostrils (pnd).
Anaerobic bacteria grows in your body sucking up all your nutrients from your body, its a living bacteria, it needs nutrients to grow, and you know what happens when it eats, it needs to SHIT. So when it takes a shit, your saliva carries this shit onto your tongue, causing a stink and white tongue.
Saliva is good. It cleans out bacteria.

That is why people who suffer from wisdoms/ tonsils bb can cure it easily because 1. they know where the infection is, 2, removing wisdoms/tonsils kills the hiding spot of bacteria, so now it has nowhere to hide. Problem solved.

There are people who have h pylori, taking antibiotics will help eliminate the infection. Once the infection is gone, no more smell.

The thing is to get to the bottom of the problem. there is no point trying to cure your stomach while the infection is in your gums, and vice versa.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

In cases of incalcitrant Type-1 BB, If certain bacteria like C.difficile can overwhelm and dominate the bacterial populations in the gut when antibiotics kill off the competition, the same thing could possibly occur in the oral environment too, with other types of bacteria that produce more odour than a "normal" "healthy" microbial flora would do. It could be that certain bacteria help protect us from BB, and it's as these bacteria decline we become more and more susceptible to BB.

The mouth has similar numbers (and types) of bacterial species as the gut. It's lined with mucous membrane. There's a constant supply of nutrients in the form of mucus, saliva and food when we eat and the remnants left behind.

Probiotics don't create lasting change in the mouth, and they don't in the gut either - hence the reason why fecal transplants are the only way, so far, to deal with certain overgrowths in the gut.

Taking someone else's saliva into the mouth could have the same effect as a fecal transplant has on the gut. Lots of different bacteria being re-introduced, as opposed to just a few types that are typically found in probiotic supplements.

We've seen examples where bad breath may have been "caught" by kissing and where decades-long BB vanished after kissing.

So little is really known, so I think anything is possible.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

this wouldn't work.. if it did, kissing would work (there is transferring of bacteria there.. and believe me, it's never worked for me!) and using oral probiotics would work. i have tried this too but it never holds. there is something about our oral condition that doesn't allow good bacteria to take hold and outnumber the bad.
jiazzsy
Junior

Post by jiazzsy »

I don't believe in the pro-biotic tablets or other forms that are given....nothing compares with the "original" state. Hence, the idea "saliva transplant".

Anyone living close to this doctor who did this "fecal transplantation"? Maybe he is our go-to guy. After all the conditions are more or less the same. He would understand our situation and probably help us.

One of my friend has this amazing fresh breath without brushing even if he has drunk beer the night before....but I don't know how to ask.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

ruch wrote:this wouldn't work.. if it did, kissing would work (there is transferring of bacteria there.. and believe me, it's never worked for me!) and using oral probiotics would work. i have tried this too but it never holds. there is something about our oral condition that doesn't allow good bacteria to take hold and outnumber the bad.

What if, like in the example of the fecal transplant, you took some heavy antibiotics first, then started taking in the saliva..
deebo

Post by deebo »

jiazzsy wrote:I don't believe in the pro-biotic tablets or other forms that are given....nothing compares with the "original" state. Hence, the idea "saliva transplant".

Anyone living close to this doctor who did this "fecal transplantation"? Maybe he is our go-to guy. After all the conditions are more or less the same.

One of my friend has this amazing fresh breath without brushing even if he has drunk beer the night before....but I don't know how to ask.
i think this thread just grossly oversimplifies things . There are diy ways to test probiotics to see if they are live cultures or not . Malory just posted about a place doing Bacteriotherapy (fecal transplant) via anal suppository .If you think these Docs might be interested Jiazzsy, why not email them and ask what they think about saliva transplant ? And post the replies here ..
malory wrote:FOR UK PEOPLE INTERESTED:
UK clinic now offering this bacteriotherapy via enema. i have asked about its effectiveness in contrast to the bacteriotherapy administered via nasogastric tube.
£4000 is indeed beyond our budget but, if you would like a brochure, it is very detailed and informative. well worth looking at. Also, Glenn (Taymount rep) was very receptive to learning about odour disorders and interested in using this treatment to help us.
Taymount Clinic for Digestive Health
The Taymount Clinic
1st floor
16a High Street
Hitchin
HERTS SG5 1AT
tel. 01462 712500
www.taymount.com
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

mike987 wrote:
ruch wrote:this wouldn't work.. if it did, kissing would work (there is transferring of bacteria there.. and believe me, it's never worked for me!) and using oral probiotics would work. i have tried this too but it never holds. there is something about our oral condition that doesn't allow good bacteria to take hold and outnumber the bad.

What if, like in the example of the fecal transplant, you took some heavy antibiotics first, then started taking in the saliva..
i have been on antibiotics which eliminated by bb at the time.. and i was seeing someone at the time so there was kissing and plenty of swapped saliva. my bb returned, so nope..
deebo

Post by deebo »

ruch wrote:
i have been on antibiotics which eliminated by bb at the time.. and i was seeing someone at the time so there was kissing and plenty of swapped saliva. my bb returned, so nope..
Not that i'm promoting the saliva transplant idea , But I would think the antibiotics you were on might negate any possible potential benefit of someone else's saliva at the time of low bb(?)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ruch, if you were taking the antibiotics at the time of the kissing then that could have prevented anything happening with transplanting bacteria.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

halitosisux wrote:ruch, if you were taking the antibiotics at the time of the kissing then that could have prevented anything happening with transplanting bacteria.
that's true.. but even after i was off of it, things didn't change for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic